Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Short connections at DOH (under 90 minutes)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remdk

Preparation is the key to having a comfortable short transfer at DOH. There should be no need to rush but you do need to be aware of where you are going.

Preparation:
Before you travel make sure that you have a reliable map of the airport such as doh-airport This map in spite of a number of errors is the best overall map of the departure areas available. The map has two gates B7, two gates C5 and the D and E gates are not numbered. Bus gates are not shown either.
The bus gates are located one floor down as follows: C20-C29 just by Gate C10, D20-24 and E20-24 are situated at the confluence of the C, D and E wings at the North node.
You should ask for "Rapid Transfer Tag"s for your luggage at Check-In.
Shortly before landing the aircraft's IFE usually displays a list of connecting flights with gate numbers so that you can find your departure gate. If it is not shown ask the cabin crew.

Recently I had a 65 minute transfer from gate B10 to gate C12 with security checks. I even managed 25 minutes in the lounge because I was well prepared!

If your flight is late arriving and your transfer time falls to under 45 minutes then QR staff will usually meet you at the gate and guide you to your connecting flight.

Follow the Arrival at DOH. (Disembarking) guide until you enter the departure area.

Check to see you know where you are and how to get to your departure gate.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I don't know why you say that. They don't leave people stranded at the airport. I have never missed a flight, but I know someone who did (he was in Y) and they put him up in a hotel, with meals, for 24 hours.
yes, if you need accommodated at your connection point awaiting your rebooked connection that is not consequential loss but duty of care, different airlines have different policies and depending where you are flying from to to various rules like eu261 could kick in.

but the hotel at your destination if you lose a night or have a no show charge is consequental loss.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 10:42 am

Programs: Airlines: NZ, VS, BA; Hotels: Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
yes, if you need accommodated at your connection point awaiting your rebooked connection that is not consequential loss but duty of care, different airlines have different policies and depending where you are flying from to to various rules like eu261 could kick in.

but the hotel at your destination if you lose a night or have a no show charge is consequental loss.
Yep, that’s what I meant. Thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 12:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Qatar will do anything that you make your next flight. I assume that your tight connection is the result of a flight booked with Qatar and the connection time was 2 hours in the booking.

if so relax. When my wife and I travelled to the Maldives our inbound plane was delayed by so much that we had t-10 minutes on arrival.

We noted this to the cabin crew and of course many more people had the same destination. Once we were off the plane a Qatar employee was waiting for us with a buggy and hushed us to the gate of the outbound flight.

The plane was delayed by a few minutes but all went smoothly. Overall 2 hours should be fine. And in DOH you’ve got a lot of personnel who can help you if need be.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 8:40 am

Programs: Airlines: NZ, VS, BA; Hotels: Hilton, IHG
It was 60 mins at booking, reduced to 50 mins a few months later! Reasonably comfortable getting to the connecting flight (assuming no delays), but hoping that the luggage makes it!
Old Nov 26, 2023, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet

Ah, did not know the technical terms, sorry.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 6:56 am

Have deleted my attempted separate thread for this question, as now found this one, which seems more appropriate!

Is anyone able to advise the official minimum connection time at Doha (single ticket) between RJ3820 (actually QR metal, QR665) and RJ653 (RJ metal)? This is a 50-min connection, but I am not sure if it is "legal" or not. My reading of Expert Flyer is that the 45min MCT at Doha only applies for QR-QR connections (and that a QR-RJ or RJ-RJ connection would be 1 hour). Does anyone know the definitive answer?
Old Jan 2, 2024, 5:10 am

Programs: IBPLUS GOLLD
I have the same question and problem.
50 minutes connection , arriving QR metal , leaving on IB metal.I’m not a quick walker ( heart problem) and need manual screening ( pacemaker), and really worried with the connection time. Qatar says it's enough time and does not want to change my flight. They ordered me a wheelchair, I don't know if that will slow me down. Flying Biz class
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
Whilst it does appear that the minimum connection time between non-QR and QR is stated as 1 hour, whereas QR to QR is 45mins, the only practical difference I could think of is that Qatar probably have the staff on hand to assist arriving passengers on a tight connection whereas other carriers might not.

If the reservations stick despite a prompt to the ticketing carrier then the best plan would be to put yourself in the best position you can to transit as promptly as possible and I would suggest having a plan of the airport to hand is probably one of the most useful things so you can orientate yourself promptly. If you get put thorough transit security screening ask staff nicely if it can jump the queue.

The other approach is to consider what the plan B would be if you were to miss your flight. What other flight options are there to be rebooked onto (subject to space being available) and what would the delay mean to your travel plan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.