Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

2017 - 100% bonus qmiles and 50% off redemption ticket promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 - 100% bonus qmiles and 50% off redemption ticket promotion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Members who took up this offer will be informed via email by 20th Feb 2017 for the 50% redemption discount offer..
Did anyone receive the confirmation email with the promotion code (which is anyway already mentionned in the offer) ?

Did anyone succeded in booking award seats with that promotion ? I didn't dare to try the promotion code for a dummy booking as I'm afraid it can be used only once and my real booking flights are not yet bookable (in 1 year).

Redemption discount is applicable for one Award ticket irrespective of number of passengers in the booking.
How should one understand that ? 50% Qmiles discount for only 1 person in a multi passengers award booking or only 1 award booking permited with any number of passengers, all benefiting from the 50% Qmiles discount ?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Haven't received a message or seen anything in my account.

I was making a redemption booking yesterday anyway and tried the code but it didn't work.

My understanding of the text is that everyone on the booking would get the discount.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:56 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
I tried too and it didn't work for me too.

So I asked QR Customer Service and they told me the 50% discount work only if you booked a flight for the first promotion (100% Qmiles)

I haven't read the small remark:
* The redemption discount is only applicable for members who avail the double Qmiles
(100% bonus Qmiles) offer.
So I missed this great offer but it was my fault, next time I should read more carefully.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:50 am
Original Poster

I did the qualifying booking but it still didn't work. My guess is they're running a few days late loading it...
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: Privilege Club, Qatar Airways
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
I did the qualifying booking but it still didn't work. My guess is they're running a few days late loading it...
This is not professional at all. Qatar did not send the promised emails yet! The offer was also deleted from my offers in my PC account!

Last edited by Anas1059; Feb 23, 2017 at 11:12 am
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: QR Plat (ret)
Originally Posted by Anas1059
This is not professional at all. Qatar did not send the promised emails yet! The offer was also deleted from my offers in my PC account!

Exactly the same has happened to me.

Used the promo code and booked according to all rules.

Double bonus (base) miles have been posted

No email with redemtion code.

and..

That particular offer mysteriously deleted from my offers (while some older, obsolete ones are still there).

Last edited by Bring; Feb 24, 2017 at 1:46 pm Reason: Correction
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:06 am
Original Poster

I have just tried another dummy booking using this promotion, and can confirm that the 50% redemption discount is now working. Assuming that you received the promotion and then registered, booked and travelled within the appropriate date ranges, hopefully you'll be good to go now.

Bear in mind that the discount is off the normal qmiles price, rather than any discounted price you might have been shown as being platinum etc.

Happy travels!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
** DELETED** talking nonsense !

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Feb 24, 2017 at 8:22 am Reason: ** DELETED** talking nonsense !
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
I have just tried another dummy booking using this promotion, and can confirm that the 50% redemption discount is now working. Assuming that you received the promotion and then registered, booked and travelled within the appropriate date ranges, hopefully you'll be good to go now.

Bear in mind that the discount is off the normal qmiles price, rather than any discounted price you might have been shown as being platinum etc.

Happy travels!
Could you please share the code. I did not save it; and the offer is deleted in my PC page.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:20 pm

Did anyone save the offer text? If so, can you please post the exact wording?

I did not save it, as QR's old offers are usually not deleted even they are very old. However, in this case PC seemed very quick to delete it. This does not really look so good.

Update: Scrutinizing the statement I now see that the double base miles have been correctly posted, so where's the email with the redemption code QR?

Last edited by Bring; Feb 24, 2017 at 1:44 pm Reason: Update
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
The offer code if you have to contact member service is 1611PC104
The promo code for redemption is THANKYOU17
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Here's the full text of 1611PC104 offer

Experience luxury and earn 100% bonus Qmiles plus enjoy 50% off on your award ticket

As a valued member, we are delighted to offer you the opportunity to earn 100% bonus Qmiles while you experience comfort and personalised service in your private space on-board.

Book your paid ticket in Premium Class from 23rd November until 10th Jan 2017 and fly until 15th February 2017 and earn 100% bonus Qmiles.

To be eligible for this offer, please select “My offers” on your dashboard menu and register for this offer by 31st January 2017.

Please ensure you quote your membership number at the time of reservation or check-in to be eligible for bonus Qmiles.

That’s not all; you can enjoy 50% discount on your redemption booking made online at qmiles.com from 20th February until 31st March 2017 using the promo code Promo Code: THANKYOU17 during the booking process and to any of the more than150 places that we fly to worldwide. * The redemption discount is only applicable for members who avail the double Qmiles (100% bonus Qmiles) offer.

To take advantage of this offer, book your award ticket through the “Book and Upgrade” widget on your dashboard.

Make the most of this offer and be rewarded while you travel in style.

Should you have any queries regarding this email, please quote the offer code: 1611PC104 when you contact our Member Service Centre.

Terms and Conditions for bonus Qmiles
This offer is only applicable to Privilege Club Members main members receiving this communication and for travel in in Premium Class. To be eligible for this offer, members need to register for this offer by 31st January 2017. Members whose travel date is before 31st January 2017 should register at least 24 hours prior to travel. Please ensure you quote your Privilege Club membership number at the time of booking or check-in. Members will earn bonus miles over the Base Qmiles earned on Qatar Airways flights during the offer period. Tier Bonuses, promotional bonus Qmiles and family accrued Qmiles will not be taken into account in the calculation of the offer bonus. Offer is applicable only for flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways. Members may use this offer more than once during the offer period. In case of over lapping campaigns, members will get the highest bonus Qmiles. Members who took up this offer will be informed via email by 20th Feb 2017 for the 50% redemption discount offer..
Terms and Conditions for redemption:
Booking Period: 20th Feb 2017 to 31st March 2017. Travel Validity: Open. Offer is applicable only for Privilege Club Members main members receiving this communication. Redemption discount is applicable for Award tickets on Qatar Airways flights only. Discount is applicable only for online Award tickets redeemed at qmiles.com. To enjoy this offer members need to quote the Promo Code: THANKYOU17. Promo code is case sensitive. Redemption discount is applicable for one Award ticket irrespective of number of passengers in the booking. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Award seats are limited and subject to availability. Not valid for flexi awards. Other Terms and Conditions of Award Tickets apply.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:50 am

Thank you SENNINHA and Matt4.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:35 pm

Ditto that, thanks guys!

Additionally QR CS mailed me the same answer today and doing mock bookings it comes out right.

So all is good, offer honored in full. But QR should up their game a little and send out the mails on time, next time. We should not have to pull the info like this.

Anyway, case closed. And a great promo it is
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: QR Gold
** deleted and re-posted, forgot to quote previous FTer **

Last edited by joeu1998; Mar 4, 2017 at 8:36 am Reason: Forgot to quote!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.