Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

2017 - 100% bonus qmiles and 50% off redemption ticket promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:11 am
Original Poster

There's a new offer running from today.

Buy a paid premium class ticket between now and 10 Jan 17, for travel until 15 Feb 17, and earn 100% bonus qmiles.

You will then also be eligible for a 50% discount off the qmiles required for a redemption ticket, booked between 20 Feb and 31 Mar, open travel validity, registration and promo code required.

The wording suggests that it "may" be a targeted offer, check the "my offers" section in your PC account page.

With this running until 10 Jan, perhaps any new year sale will come after that?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
And the small prints tell that there's no limit on the number of passengers on the award ticket but the 50% discount is not available for flexi awards (x2 Qmiles).
Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:28 pm

Travel dates too close... Just booked for March
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:15 pm

Earn triple Qmiles in Premium Class or double Qmiles in Economy Class when you book your paid ticket from 23rd November till 10th January 2017 and travel till 15h February 2017 on Qatar Airways.
Seems targeted.. I'm platinum and received the above offer. No discount on redemption however
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: BA BD SA
I'm Gold and got a completely different offer: triple Qmiles for premium travel before 17 Feb. Sadly, no use to me...
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:49 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
You can expect to see these sorts of offers more and more often in 2017.

QR is moving to the next stage of its pricing strategy - namely to engage with existing QRPC cardholders and to encourage them to book with QR opposed to another OneWorld carrier.

M
Old Nov 24, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
I'm Gold and got a completely different offer: triple Qmiles for premium travel before 17 Feb. Sadly, no use to me...
Me too....

same as you, with entry into a raffle to win 100K Qmiles
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:13 am

I have a ticket that's fully changeable without fee. If I make a change would I be eligible for this promotion since the ticketing date would be today?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: QRPC Gold, EK Silver
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

QR is moving to the next stage of its pricing strategy - namely to engage with existing QRPC cardholders and to encourage them to book with QR opposed to another OneWorld carrier.

M
What does it means exactly ? Is the QRPC will become like the Skyward of EK...not interesting ?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by voxx
What does it means exactly ? Is the QRPC will become like the Skyward of EK...not interesting ?
It means there will be targeted promotions for QRPC cardholders.

M
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: QR Platinum OWE, LH SEN
Originally Posted by pstation
I have a ticket that's fully changeable without fee. If I make a change would I be eligible for this promotion since the ticketing date would be today?
You will need to cancel the ticket and rebook. I have done this before in order to take part in a similar promotion and it worked fine.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:10 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond

M
I see on here that many people fly QR and credit to BAEC . About time their QRPC holders got better offers . If I try the reverse the rewards are dire
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Depending on routes chosen, this offer isn't too far off buy one get one free with the 50% redemption.

That's assuming you can find availability for the redemptions you want of course...

Interesting that these sorts of offers are part of their new pricing strategy. With so many bonus miles floating about over the past year or two, there must be a lot of potential free travel sitting on their balance sheet.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond

M
Good, good!

I've noticed my recent targeted offers have generally been for Premium class travel - I think they are trying to encourage me to buy up (it's been working )
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by crombiestone
I see on here that many people fly QR and credit to BAEC . About time their QRPC holders got better offers . If I try the reverse the rewards are dire
I agree wholeheartedly - even though I'm one of those who credits to BAEC opposed to QRPC...probably an 80:20 ratio.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.