Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar now offers a free 96 hour visa!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:08 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Originally Posted by remdk
This was discussed on a thread in 2010/2011 and as far as I remember the conclusion was that it was only available for QR arranged stopover packages, not STPC. This new move seems to be more flexible and apparently opens up for 'private' stopovers.
Afraid it didn't work for me on Wednesday night. I had a private stopover planned of 4 days with friends in Doha and it was seven hours between when I landed from DXB before the next scheduled flight to Phnom Penh. The immigration officer knew of no new visa rule changes, so credit card again. Pleased to hear of any more positive outcomes.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by AVIATORPJ
Afraid it didn't work for me on Wednesday night. I had a private stopover planned of 4 days with friends in Doha and it was seven hours between when I landed from DXB before the next scheduled flight to Phnom Penh. The immigration officer knew of no new visa rule changes, so credit card again. Pleased to hear of any more positive outcomes.
Same today [Sunday] ... the immigration officer wasn't the chattiest (are they ever ? ) .. and more or less just said "you buy visas" as the only three words during our conversation when I asked him about it !

Would be interesting to know if this visa exists in anything other than press releases !! ( either in the new 96 hour version or the previous 48 hours version )
Old Oct 9, 2016, 7:20 am

EvilDoctorK it would appear that my hopes "apparently opens up for 'private' stopovers." have been dashed.

I think that maybe the free visa exists but is restricted to QR arranged stopovers and possibly both STPC and Doha City Tours. Exactly how this fits with the cruise passengers I do not know. We are all groping around in the dark here because of the sparsity of details publicly available so these are all guesses as to what the situation is.
See http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...ocale_id=en_gl for what is known.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:33 pm

Transit Visa - Announced but not Implemented

I called Qatar Airways and talked to a Supervisor - as of Oct 3rd, their internal systems only state that the new transit visa rules have been announced with the implementation date "TBA - To Be Announced". We're just going to have to wait and see.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 3:34 pm

Coming soon...
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:27 pm

Qatar's press release says the change has been made and is already in effect. "The new transit visa structure now allows..." (emphasis added)

If I buy a ticket in reliance on this statement, and am later charged a visa fee that QR said had been removed, maybe QR would like to reimburse me the amount of the fee I was charged?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
No new visa rule

Similar to other recent posters, there is no new visa rule according to the immigration officer at the premium immigration - AND THERE WILL NEVER BE she added.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:18 am

Qatar Tourism Authority Update - "Few More Months"

Originally Posted by dave330i
I called Qatar Airways and talked to a Supervisor - as of Oct 3rd, their internal systems only state that the new transit visa rules have been announced with the implementation date "TBA - To Be Announced". We're just going to have to wait and see.

http://dohanews.co/new-four-day-tran...ll-in-process/

"It will be at least a few more months before visitors who stop over in Qatar can get free four-day transit visas, officials have clarified.

And once the scheme is in place, only Qatar Airways passengers will be eligible for the visas, the Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) said.

In response to questions from Doha News this week, a spokesperson said:

“The new transit visa scheme is in the process of being put into effect. Once in place, transit visas will be available to Qatar Airways passengers of all nationalities, free of charge.”
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: SPG & Marriott Plat Privilege Club Plat
Qatar free 96 hour visa

Accounced effective from today!

https://www.gulf-times.com/story/519...e-from-Tuesday
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Falcon
You need to apply 7 days in advance and meet a few other conditions to get the free transit visa. The link to apply is here.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
And the best part is that they changed their fare rules for non GCC flights, allowing a free 96 hours stopover in DOH (and in some occasions in another connecting city which was not allowed by the previous rules) instead of having to pay 100 USD/EUR for that stopover :-)
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Great news! So happy I found this thread while looking for QR deals. Have a 70 hour layover in 16 days so this will save some money. Application was easy.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by N1Rotate
You need to apply 7 days in advance and meet a few other conditions to get the free transit visa. The link to apply is here.
It says in the T&C's that has to be on a Qatar airways ticket document. Anyone been able to do this on a partner redemption which is QR-QR?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:42 am

onlysuites surely a partner redemption would be on partner ticket stock? QR ticket stock always starts with 157.
The terms and conditions https://transitvisa.qatarairways.com...plyVisa/search say "Confirmed tickets for a journey into Qatar and the onward journey out of Qatar must be on Qatar Airways ticket document. Both the flights must be operated by Qatar Airways. The facility is not applicable for travel where Doha is the point of turnaround e.g. BOM-DOH-BOM."
"Both the flights must be operated by Qatar Airways." also excludes codeshare when operated by another carrier.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Also must apply within 90 days of arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.