Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Another full photo review of the Al Mourjan Business lounge in my latest trip report: A Five Star Journey Through Japan: Qatar Airways and Japan Airlines First Class
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: QATAR PRIVILEGE CLUB
[QUOTE=Amaranto1982;30114609]
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
It's good to have hopes and dreams.

It happened again last Monday morning, arrived at 00.30 at HIA and sent to AM because the OW first class lounge was crowded.

I scored 4 "AM upgrades" on my last 6 stops at Doha Airport, tomorrow I'll have another flight and cross my fingers
Indeed it happened again to be "upgraded" to AM (5 times on 7 recent stops in Doha).

Last Friday at 6.30am, enjoyed Champagne, Arabic coffee, dates (which now are rarely displayed, given upon request), deli restaurant, ...
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:14 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

[QUOTE=Amaranto1982;30142474]
Originally Posted by Amaranto1982

Indeed it happened again to be "upgraded" to AM (5 times on 7 recent stops in Doha).

Last Friday at 6.30am, enjoyed Champagne, Arabic coffee, dates (which now are rarely displayed, given upon request), deli restaurant, ...
Interestingly, I still see the dates everywhere, though they do finish very quickly (and get replenished as such thankfully). Loved the Arabic Coffee though...

I should ask, the Arabic coffee pot (Dallah) is relatively new feature isn't it? I must say that I haven't seen it before July 2018...
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I have again fallen back in love with this lounge. I was fortunate enough to have a long layover between 11 am and 8pm. The lounge was relatively quiet . A far more enjoyable experience than my usual 11pm to 3 am experiences.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:38 am

Was there 2 times between 5am and 7am/8am and was very crowded. But for me the shower queue is not really a problem. Of course, would be better to come and shower directly.
But I got in the lounge and went directly to the shower counter to set me on the list. There were 14 people before me and should take about 30-45mins. So I went to the buffet upstairs and had breakfast without any rush. After finishing breakfast I headed back to the shower and was the next one in the queue.

If you are not there, they will call you and skip you on the list. When you arrive later, you are always the next on the list. So not really a problem.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by EYrevanchist
His criterion is alcohol
But it isn´t mine ;-)
In my opinion the difference between EK and QR in business class does not justify the price difference of 1,000 EUR ore more at the moment.....at least on my preferred routes.
But yes, QR is better in business class, not doubt about that.
EYrevanchist likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Is there a location in the lounge where pax can secure carryon bags in a locker, something with a combination lock for example?

I’ll have an 8-hour overnight stop and would like to snooze in the back sleeper zone. Would like to have my carryon properly locked up.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Is there a location in the lounge where pax can secure carryon bags in a locker, something with a combination lock for example?
Yes. After you walk around and behind the entrance/reception desk, turn right immediately. There will be a podium just in front of the wall ahead of you. Just to the right of that podium are automatic glass doors, behind which are lockers with electronic combination locks. There will be an attendant. Just show your boarding pass and you're GTG.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:55 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MegatopLover

I’ll have an 8-hour overnight stop and would like to snooze in the back sleeper zone. Would like to have my carryon properly locked up.
I've done your layover 4 times now... my suggestion is not to use the quiet zone, because chances are... it won't be quiet. There's either someone snoring loudly, or a loud conversation at the shower desk happening.... instead I recommend going to the lounge area behind the business centre/game room which I felt was quieter at that time of day.

anyways, there's usually bound to be a waitlist for the sleep cubicles too.

Also, great username there @MegatopLover... really miss those beautiful SQ744s
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by clubeurope
I've done your layover 4 times now... my suggestion is not to use the quiet zone, because chances are... it won't be quiet. There's either someone snoring loudly, or a loud conversation at the shower desk happening.... instead I recommend going to the lounge area behind the business centre/game room which I felt was quieter at that time of day.

anyways, there's usually bound to be a waitlist for the sleep cubicles too.

Also, great username there @MegatopLover... really miss those beautiful SQ744s
I would agree with this advice. There is so much activity at the shower desk that I have always wondered how the "quiet zone" could really be very quite.....
clubeurope likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
or use the family rooms , to the LEFT of that Bistro/Sandwich Restaurant
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Thanks for the advice, folks.

Yeah, miss F on those Megatops. Those were the days.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I recently used the family zone quiet area , near the showers and it was very quiet. Would definitely use again.
oxfordjames likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Single or couple travellers have no reason to be in that family area. The last time I passed thru there with my family, each every cubicle there was blocked by people sleeping on the sofas
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE, UA *G, HH Diamond
Arrow

Originally Posted by Genius1
Another full photo review of the Al Mourjan Business lounge
So helpful, thanks or putting together.

How does the AM lounge compare to Etihad's business class lounges these days?
Genius1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.