Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by sparoiler
I have spent a good deal of time trying to find the answer to my question on this thread. Hopefully someone has an answer and sorry if this has been asked recently. We currently have reserved, but not booked yet, award travel (not upgrade) through AA using our AAdvantage miles ORD-DOH-HKT and HKT-DOH-ORD in business class. The booking code is U. Are there any access restrictions to this lounge because of U class or any known disadvantages we will encounter on QR because of booking this as award travel? FYI the record locator for both AA and QR indicate QR flights, NOT AA codeshare.

Also, it looks like the STPC ends at the end of 2018?? If that is indeed the case, but QR extends it into 2019, would we qualify for the STPC hotel benefit etc. for HKT-DOH-ORD or be excluded because of U class?

Thanks!
Lounge access shouldn't be a problem as your ticket (regardless if booked via QR or partner) is fully booked via miles. The offer till end 2018 isn't STPC but the Qatar+ program. STPC is something else and only kicks in if no connection exists to your destination within 8 hours of arriving in DOH (this is a policy and not a 'program' with very strict rules). That being said, to take advantage of the Qatar+ program your e-ticket number needs to start with 157. Yours being a partner award ticket will not start with 157 and hence will be ineligible, also if the program extends into 2019.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by sparoiler
Also, it looks like the STPC ends at the end of 2018?? If that is indeed the case, but QR extends it into 2019, would we qualify for the STPC hotel benefit etc. for HKT-DOH-ORD or be excluded because of U class?
STPC is an awkward abbreviation. It stands for "stopover paid by carrier". Some use the acronym HOTAC for the same thing (hotel accommodation).

It means the carrier will pay for accommodation and (generally) meals when you transfer between if certain condition are met. The conditions are often quite restrictive. QR's are listed and discussed extensively in this thread.

QR's STPC is not expected to end.

What might end is Qatar+, a programme where you can opt to stop-over in Doha, paying a subsidised rate. Again the T&C are discussed extensively in this forum. The crunch term and condition for you is that you have to be travelling on a QR ticket
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Lordy... not been in the AM for 3 years due to taking a break from the rat race, but was thinking of using QR on an upcoming run to BLR. Fairly long layover but I thought a decent quantity of 2nd growth Margaux (Brane Cantenac or Ducru Beaucaillou IIRC) and a leisurely table service meal would compensate. Maybe pour myself some Krug afterwards and settle into a quiet corner...

Sounds like that's all out the window. Perhaps I'll bite the bullet and go EK with a shorter layover.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
Al Mourjan was as crowded as I have ever seen it a few days ago between 6 - 8AM
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Lordy... not been in the AM for 3 years due to taking a break from the rat race, but was thinking of using QR on an upcoming run to BLR. Fairly long layover but I thought a decent quantity of 2nd growth Margaux (Brane Cantenac or Ducru Beaucaillou IIRC) and a leisurely table service meal would compensate. Maybe pour myself some Krug afterwards and settle into a quiet corner...

Sounds like that's all out the window. Perhaps I'll bite the bullet and go EK with a shorter layover.
No Krug in AM anymore, and for that matter AS.
Go for EK
Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by EYrevanchist
No Krug in AM anymore, and for that matter AS. Go for EK
I took two EK J flights a couple of weeks ago. IMO QR J surpasses EK in every regard, from hard product to soft product; unless, perhaps, you're evaluating an entire flight experience on the basis of alcohol.
#1son likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I took two EK J flights a couple of weeks ago. IMO QR J surpasses EK in every regard, from hard product to soft product; unless, perhaps, you're evaluating an entire flight experience on the basis of alcohol.
His criterion is alcohol
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by EYrevanchist
His criterion is alcohol
One of my criteria... the others being decent food - sounds like it's a buffet upsteais now and of lesser quality. And peace and quiet - last time I was there it was almost deserted, but I'm now reading its frequently packed.

however thanks for the EK comparison...
Old Jul 20, 2018, 3:01 am

Is the AM open through the night? I have a flight that gets into DOH at 00:45 and my connection leaves at 0230.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by PAL62V
Is the AM open through the night? I have a flight that gets into DOH at 00:45 and my connection leaves at 0230.
Yes, it's open 24 hours, as is Al Safwa.
PAL62V likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:58 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I just got a shower at AM without any queues!! First time in a long time...
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Originally Posted by PAL62V
You’ll be fine.

I’ve had a similar connection twice in the last fortnight. Surprisingly (to me) DOH was busy and bustling both times. The AM lounge was not particularly busy so it was easy to get a seat in the deli or the restaurant (both of which were open and operating) and to get a seat in any of the public spaces. I got a shower the first time without any wait at the rear showers by the deli, after being told there would be a wait at the front showers. I didn’t try for a shower the second time. 1am basically felt like 2pm in any other business class lounge.
PAL62V likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Around that time, early evening approaching midnight, the AM lounge is quite nice. Shower, then the deli, for me.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: QATAR PRIVILEGE CLUB
[QUOTE=Dr. HFH;29954340]It's good to have hopes and dreams.

It happened again last Monday morning, arrived at 00.30 at HIA and sent to AM because the OW first class lounge was crowded.

I scored 4 "AM upgrades" on my last 6 stops at Doha Airport, tomorrow I'll have another flight and cross my fingers
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:00 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Interestingly, I've felt that Al Mourjan isn't so very badly packed the past few weeks... The same couldn't be said about the main concourse though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.