Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:05 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by C W
Thank you. Sounds like that's what I should do.

Will transiting Doha on another QR ticket and using the BA ticket or, if unavailable a fully refundable F ticket, to gain Al Safwa access during my layover cause some sort of red flags in the QR computers?
I have to put my Mod Hat on to answer the question.

It depends if you have baggage - in which case you risk creating a headache for yourself - the QR systems will notice you're meant to be on two planes at the same time.

Added to that the un-ethical position of booking a fully refundable fare purely to use the Lounge, and I'll let you decide the best approach.

M

Mod-Hat off
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:11 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I have to put my Mod Hat on to answer the question.

It depends if you have baggage - in which case you risk creating a headache for yourself - the QR systems will notice you're meant to be on two planes at the same time.

Added to that the un-ethical position of booking a fully refundable fare purely to use the Lounge, and I'll let you decide the best approach.

M

Mod-Hat off
Thanks msm2000uk. No baggage, so that shouldn't be a problem. The Al Safwa check in agents won't see the other flight as long as I present the First bp?

I would much rather take the BA route as that is a fair payment for the lounge.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by C W
Thank you. Sounds like that's what I should do.

Will transiting Doha on another QR ticket and using the BA ticket or if unavailable, a fully refundable F ticket, to gain Al Safwa access during my layover cause some sort of red flags in the QR computers?
Lufthansa successfully sued a guy who (repeatedly) did this. What would the defendant's odds be if we replace Germany with Qatar and LH with QR?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:53 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by makrom
Lufthansa successfully sued a guy who (repeatedly) did this. What would the defendant's odds be if we replace Germany with Qatar and LH with QR?
The BA short haul first method is completely legitimate as you're paying for the ticket and even though you don't fly it, you also don't refund it.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by C W
The BA short haul first method is completely legitimate as you're paying for the ticket and even though you don't fly it, you also don't refund it.
I meant this regarding "a fully refundable F ticket". Unless you meant not refunding that either, then I don't see how there could be a problem.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by SMFlagg
I booked flights from DOH-KWI with avios in F twice last week, I suspect the other regional flights would also be bookable although I have not had any need to try.
(I know this is technically a BA question, but hopefully mods won't be mad for me for asking this.)

Just out of curiosity — how much are taxes/fess on top of those 18k miles?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
Originally Posted by klausa
(I know this is technically a BA question, but hopefully mods won't be mad for me for asking this.)

Just out of curiosity — how much are taxes/fess on top of those 18k miles?
About $45 if you are just flying DOH-KWI.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:37 pm

Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:57 pm

In that dessert room what time do the items change over from the breakfast sweets to the cakes and cookies that are found during lunch/dinner time?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Dessert room???
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Dessert room???
Yes, the TV theater room is right by it.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Yes, the TV theater room is right by it.
For the life of me, I've never seen it! I usually head straight to the main bar area and then over to the sushi/sandwich room. I will have to check it out, though that won't be until December.
Does anyone have a picture of the Dessert room that they could post?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:10 am

For the life of me, I've never seen it! I usually head straight to the main bar area and then over to the sushi/sandwich room. I will have to check it out, though that won't be until December.
Does anyone have a picture of the Dessert room that they could post?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:15 am

Thanks for posting the picture. From the looks of the desserts in the foreground, they are no different than what is available in the Al Mourjan and Platinum lounges. However, the desserts in the background look interesting (sweet tooth ).
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks for posting the picture. From the looks of the desserts in the foreground, they are no different than what is available in the Al Mourjan and Platinum lounges. However, the desserts in the background look interesting (sweet tooth ).
Is this the room you go through as you head for the family areas & showers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.