Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

No flight confirmation received from Qatar Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:46 am
Original Poster

I just booked a flight for my wife from Casablanca airport to Johannesburg. On the flight that leaves tonight January 27 18:50 Moroccan time.

I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail or e-ticket. Just absolutely nothing. I did receive a confirmation from my bank that the money has been reserved for R7327.69.

It's a one way ticket from Casablanca Morocco back to Johannesburg South Africa.

I booked the flight through Qatar airways website on the same day as the flight 7 hours in advance. The payment went through but I didn't get a confirmation e-mail. I went back to their site and tried the same booking only then it said you must book 2 days in advance.

Now what? PLease help someone.

I tried contacting their offices in South Africa but there is just no one available. There is also no contact for any assistance at all unless I call from South Africa to Doha. And that will cost a fortune.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:49 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Did you book online? If so after the payment is accepted it will show a booking reference number. If you have this you can open the booking online and select seats as well as confirm an e-ticket is issued.

On my last QR booking I did not receive email confirmation for a few hours after booking.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:39 am
Original Poster

I did book online on their website. And still I didn't get a confirmation. My bank statements still says the money is reserved. I manage to make another payment and my wife got on the same flight. She will land in a few hours. Now it's just a matter of getting the first payment back.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:44 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How did you make another payment? Did you make a second booking? If so you may not get a refund..

Did you not get a booking reference displayed on screen after paying both times?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: QR Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
Call your bank and tell them that you have a duplicate charge. They will cancel the charge.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:38 am
Original Poster

We made a second booking through a travel agency in Morocco. The first payment I didn't receive any confirmation what so ever. The travel agency was paid cash.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:49 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Theo187
We made a second booking through a travel agency in Morocco. The first payment I didn't receive any confirmation what so ever. The travel agency was paid cash.
So what was displayed on your screen after payment? The booking reference should be displayed - did the page not load?

I think you may struggle to get a refund if you booked a non-refundable ticket, especially as you purchased another ticket through a different source.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I presume your wife stopped by the QR ticketing office at the CAS airport to tell them the story and have them check for any duplicate reservation, and, if they found one, cancel it and heavily annotate it with the system malfunction issues.

BTS, and if you use Google Hangouts or Skype calling Doha is still a fortune (as if Qatar was a third-world country), USD 0.26 a minute with Hangouts, but far less than being out a ticket.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:16 am
Original Poster

After the payment was done on Qatar airways website it said e-mail additional friends the flight itinerary. I entered the e-mail addresses and then clicked submit and that's when the page just crashed.

My wife was in Casablanca already at the airport at the time of the incidence. Her sister stays in Fez and knows a guy there at the travel agency. And he booked the flight immediately and that flight was paid cash.

In the meantime however I manage to get through to Qatar airways offices in Johannesburg and the lady on the phone said that transaction will be reversed and the best thing to do was pay that flight cash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.