Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Will you continue flying QR if it was dry?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will you continue flying QR if it was dry?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mr_botak
Nope. I like to drink what I want, when I want.
This
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
How many Qataris fly QR ?

I often fly QR when traveling from EU to Asia and almost never saw any Qatari people onboard. So, who should decide about alcohol onboard ?

They should restrict it in Y to meal time to avoid abuse and reduce operating costs but not ban it, as it is a pleasure to enjoy a drink at 35,000 feet on long haul flights.

I personaly would reconsider flying again QR if they would ban alcohol on their long haul flights.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:55 am

Programs: Ba gold, gha black
I was on a QR flight the other month to Jakarta... A Saudi man if full arabic dress was on the plane, changed out of his clothes into western outfit and had a Carlsberg...! But if it was dry, i would avoid.. Their booze is top class.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
I don't drink regularly and never when flying, so this is no issue for me and I've flown 20+ QR sectors over the past year. As long there is tabasco for my tomato juice I'm a happy bunny.

However I would like to see a different alignment with Gulf culture that would permit smoking on board
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Yes definitely. Life got better after smoking was banned on board.

Recently I flew on a BA flight from GIB. One intoxicated passenger had become so annoying to several fellow passengers and crew that he had to be handed over to local police during an unscheduled stop in Paris. I know this type of thing happens rarely, but that's my take.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.