Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Arriving in J departing in Y - lounge access ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY

Hi guys,

My parents are on a 280k J award booked through Qantas, as part of their trip they are flying QR J PER-DOH then QR Y DOH-MED, note all legs of their journey (which includes MH and BA metal etc) is actually in J except for the short regional QR leg and this is because they fit out their short haul cabins as F and Y.

During their 2 hour transit in DOH, do my parents get lounge access ? Surely it's not their fault that QR designate their two class regional aircraft as F and Y ?

Maybe not Al-Marjoun but is there another lounge or an Arrivals Lounge which they can use given they arrived in J ?

Cheers
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:16 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I saw some people being admitted to the Al Mourjan business lounge last time I was there on the basis that they'd just arrived on a long haul J flight (despite their connecting flight being in Y).

Can't promise that this is the definite rule, or what exceptions there may be, but well worth a try!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:21 pm
pdb

Nizar,

I secured (from AA using my AAdvantage miles) a R/T business class award ticket for a friend, earlier this year: BKK-DOH-DXB-DOH-BKK. The DOH-DXB-DOH segments were in QR's 1st class cabin, in the same way that a business class ticket on AA will put you into the front cabin on a 2-cabin domestic AA flight. I am surprised that Qantas put your parents into economy for those short, 2-class segments and I would suggest that you make inquiry to determine what is going on. (I would also ask Qantas what they would do for a business class award ticket SYD-LAX-LAS on the LAX-LAS segment which AA operates with only First and Economy class.

Good luck and please provide feedback if you do speak with Qantas.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by pdb
Nizar,

I secured (from AA using my AAdvantage miles) a R/T business class award ticket for a friend, earlier this year: BKK-DOH-DXB-DOH-BKK. The DOH-DXB-DOH segments were in QR's 1st class cabin, in the same way that a business class ticket on AA will put you into the front cabin on a 2-cabin domestic AA flight. I am surprised that Qantas put your parents into economy for those short, 2-class segments and I would suggest that you make inquiry to determine what is going on. (I would also ask Qantas what they would do for a business class award ticket SYD-LAX-LAS on the LAX-LAS segment which AA operates with only First and Economy class.

Good luck and please provide feedback if you do speak with Qantas.
Hi Pdb,

Thanks for your feedback.

From what I know re the way QF operates, to respond to your example, those who have booked a Business Class award SYD-LAX then onwards to say LAS on a two class domestic config they would be seated in Y for the two class short haul flight.

As far as I know that's the way Qantas operates. There has been alot of discussion about this already on the forum which I frequent more often than this one australianfrequentflyer.com.au and that is my understanding, otherwise I would have queried it at the time of booking.

So unless you have heard otherwise regarding QF ticketed stock specifically I don't see the need to call Qantas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.