FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arriving in J departing in Y - lounge access ?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:54 pm
Nizar

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by pdb
Nizar,

I secured (from AA using my AAdvantage miles) a R/T business class award ticket for a friend, earlier this year: BKK-DOH-DXB-DOH-BKK. The DOH-DXB-DOH segments were in QR's 1st class cabin, in the same way that a business class ticket on AA will put you into the front cabin on a 2-cabin domestic AA flight. I am surprised that Qantas put your parents into economy for those short, 2-class segments and I would suggest that you make inquiry to determine what is going on. (I would also ask Qantas what they would do for a business class award ticket SYD-LAX-LAS on the LAX-LAS segment which AA operates with only First and Economy class.

Good luck and please provide feedback if you do speak with Qantas.
Hi Pdb,

Thanks for your feedback.

From what I know re the way QF operates, to respond to your example, those who have booked a Business Class award SYD-LAX then onwards to say LAS on a two class domestic config they would be seated in Y for the two class short haul flight.

As far as I know that's the way Qantas operates. There has been alot of discussion about this already on the forum which I frequent more often than this one australianfrequentflyer.com.au and that is my understanding, otherwise I would have queried it at the time of booking.

So unless you have heard otherwise regarding QF ticketed stock specifically I don't see the need to call Qantas.