Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Will I get Krug on board my QR flight?

In F, on the A380, Krug is served freely. If not, then No

Will I get Krug in the A380 On-Board Lounge?

Maybe; was unavailable for a while, last positive sighting 8th Apr 16

Will I get Krug in Al Mourjan?

No

Will I get Krug in Al Safwa?

No

Will I get Krug at LHR T4 lounge?

No
Print Wikipost

The Great Krug Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2016, 12:35 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
On board? I don't ever see that happening. Imagine the following scene in the J/F lounge on the 380.

"May I have a glass of Krug, please?"

"May I see your boarding pass? ... Oh, I see that you are not one of our first class passengers. In that case, I have this lovely bottle of André® from the wineries of Ernest and Julio Gallo which I'm sure that you will enjoy." [spoken with nose slightly elevated]
That's how is works on Emirates, or at least it did last time I used their bar on the A380 which is some time ago. They set you up with a bottle of DP if you're an F pax, hoi poloi from J have to slum it.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:00 am

No sign of Krug on either CDG-DOH yesterday or DOH-NRT today. On CDG-DOH (A380) the FA was pretty sure there should be some in the lounge, but the lounge attendant said they only had Billecart, and it did not sound like they just ran out.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:34 am

Why would DOH-NRT ever have Krug in the first place?
Old Apr 10, 2016, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
Why would DOH-NRT ever have Krug in the first place?
Never tasted Krug, hoping for a miracle!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by SadKingBilly
Never tasted Krug, hoping for a miracle!
It's a very nice bottle that is much prized by FT people due to its expense! Personally I was very happy with the Pol Roger 2002 in the LHR lounge.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Greeted by the CSM shortly after boarding my flight from BKK-LHR at the end of March.

During our chat I asked if there would be Krug in the onboard lounge. He said, "ah you know what you're doing. Yes there will be plenty of Krug in the lounge".

When I got there the FA said that she din't think any had been loaded but she would check. She disappeared behind the curtain and returned empty handed. She said that she had checked "all six bars" but none had been loaded.

I told her not to worry and told her I'd tell her CSM off for leading me astray

Later on, after I returned to my seat, the FA from the bar came over put a flute of Krug down on my table and said, "There you go, I managed to find you a glass in the First Class cabin".

Awesome service ^
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Smile

Originally Posted by srbrenna
It's a very nice bottle that is much prized by FT people due to its expense! Personally I was very happy with the Pol Roger 2002 in the LHR lounge.
Loved the Pol Roger 2002, too!
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
No Krug on LHR-DOH on Tuesday in 380 lounge, but was lucky to get upgraded at gate on return this morning and Krug was flowing very well in my seat :-)
Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:11 pm

Currently in Al Safwa, no Krug here either... worrying times. Apparently it wasn't delivered, yet someone remembered to deliver an alternative Champagne (tastes like Billecart).

They've also not seen my bag that Qatar lost three days ago either, I think it reflects badly on me that I'm not sure which bothers me the most?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 2:27 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
This isn't really news, but no Krug in the Al Mourjan Business Lounge on April 15, 2016.

The bartender indicated that it had been removed completely "due to differentiate the lounge product from that of the First Class lounge".

Still a terrific business lounge facility all up. . .
Old Apr 24, 2016, 12:13 am

Programs: QR Plat
Just to chime in, there was Krug in the Whalejet out of Doha a few days back. I accidentally got shunted on to a Whalejet and there was only one other traveller in F, and according to the crew it was his first F experience, so I told them to give him the run of the menu and all the Krug he wanted. All I had was a couple of glasses of water and a cup of tea before landing. The rest I just slept away.

-A

PS: Surely I'll be pelted with rotten eggs in here for not even having a single drop of Krug.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
No Krug in Al Mourjan today (24/4/16). Also rose bubbly has been downgraded, believe was previously Billecart-Salmon now smaller local producer. Not great. The white champers on CMB-DOH was B-S which was nice, Rose was Drappier. First world problems.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
In Al Safwa now 28/4 no Krug only Billecart.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
No Krug on A380 lounge on 25/4, DOH-LHR. However, was offered Johnnie Walker Blue Label (apparently new for QR) and assume this would normally be only be served in F like SQ.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:36 am

Still no Krug at Al Safwa. Possibly a permanent move?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.