Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by LamboJ
Hi,
How do I view award flight availability on Qatar Airways? After searching for the flight I want, when I click "Book using Qmiles", "On" at the top, right, I get the error "You are not eligible to perform a redemption activity. Please contact our Member Service Centre for more information."

Is there any way to view availability before transferring miles over to?
You don't have the required Qmiles in the account to book this particular flight.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
You don't have the required Qmiles in the account to book this particular flight.
Correct, I don't want to transfer my Citi points to Qmiles before making sure the flight is actually available. So how would I check availability.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by LamboJ
Correct, I don't want to transfer my Citi points to Qmiles before making sure the flight is actually available. So how would I check availability.
You need (and account with or) the Qmiles required for the redemption in order to search. PM me and I'll have a look for you.

Last edited by mlqsko; Aug 13, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
We will be taking our first QR flights next year and I have a question about checking in at JNB. There are two daily flights from JNB to DOH QR1364 (departing 13:50) and QR1360/QR1368 (departing around 20:00 depending on the day of week).

We will be flying in business on the later flight (QR1360) and I was wondering if we get to the airport early can we check in around noon or will we have to wait for the QR check-in to close and re-open for the later flight?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:00 pm

hi all, just wanna ask a thing or two.

I have a booking ex-CNX in few months. ticket was bought via BA website (BA-codeshare). the catch is... I used friend's credit card to buy this ticket.
for best bet (better safe than sorry), will I need to produce copy of cc used and some sort of authorization letter (is there any recommended format?)

when I checked into manage my booking in both of QR and BA website, there's no notification for credit card verification upon check in.
but I get anxious since I heard many stories (hearsay though) regarding cc verification upon check in ex-Thailand.

I appreciate if some of you share your direct experience of this situation with QR. thanks in advance!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:05 am

No. The codeshare airline are guaranteed their money from BA so have no interest of that nature in you and won't even know how you paid.
blueferrari likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: QR Plat
@blueferrari: I was in contact with customer support with a similar question a few months back (in this case ticket was booked directly with QR) and they told me QR only requires cc verification if the payment was made over the telephone. For payments made online they do not ask for credit card at check-in. Though QR have a habit of being inconsistent.
blueferrari likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
stupid question about upgrades (sorry)

i'm sorry i'm posting a stupid question.
i used to fly on QR quite a bit but due to circumstances and being let down by one thing or another I decided to switch allegiances.
Anyway, I have 40 QCredits which I would like to donate to my father-in law.
He is planning on a trip LHR-HYD and thought he might appreciate the upgrade (one way).

I don't know if my assumptions are correct - I can upgrade his ticket using the credits? I just need to do it before it March (it expires) and he can fly afterwards, e.g. in June?
I have horrible feeling there is a surcharge that might be 50 dollars per segment. so if this is two segments, it will cost 100 dollar?
would i need to set him up an account on QR to do this. I know there's an area in my account which says booking ref and name. does it matter if his surname is different?

Thanks for your help, randolph
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
You won't have to pay a booking fee for award upgrades but you will have to pay the ex-UK premium tax. Last time I upgraded from LHR it was £75.

I'm sure someone will be along to answer your other questions shortly - but as I understand it you can simply input your FiL's booking ref into the upgrade tool in your QRPC profile and it should allow you to upgrade his flights using your Qcredits (subject to availability...).

As long as you use the Qcredits before they expire that should be fine - regardless of actual travel date. Just be aware that date changes are no longer permitted for award upgrades and I don't believe Qcredits are refundable if you cancel your flight - so only use them when you're certain of travel plans.

Last edited by purple1addict; Aug 20, 2018 at 6:34 pm
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Originally Posted by purple1addict
You won't have to pay a booking fee for award upgrades but you will have to pay the ex-UK premium tax. Last time I upgraded from LHR it was £75.

I'm sure someone will be along to answer your other questions shortly - but as I understand it you can simply input your FiL's booking ref into the upgrade tool in your QRPC profile and it should allow you to upgrade his flights using your Qcredits (subject to availability...).

As long as you use the Qcredits before they expire that should be fine - regardless of actual travel date. Just be aware that date changes are no longer permitted for award upgrades and I don't believe Qcredits are refundable if you cancel your flight - so only use them when you're certain of travel plans.
thank you for taking the time to answer and explain - much appreciated.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Hi there!

According to where to credit you get on booking number AA and booking class B 100 %.
According to MileagueCalculator there is no Qmiles / Qpoints on booking class B ...

Look here.

Am I missunderstanding something?

Thank you!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by jimaras08
Hi there!

According to where to credit you get on booking number AA and booking class B 100 %.
According to MileagueCalculator there is no Qmiles / Qpoints on booking class B ...

Look here.

Am I missunderstanding something?

Thank you!
Just try tweeting @QRSupport. They'll forward it to the team that handles these issues. I made an enquiry about the Qcalculator showing 0 Qmiles for J flights on BA within Europe and they got it sorted out.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by HPSOV
Hi All,
I've booked a multi-city business class trip on QR. The booking was made through Expedia (which offered a far cheaper rate than direct with QR). I selected seats through Expedia when I made the booking. If I try to change anything on the QR website Manage My Booking (seats, contact details, meal preference etc) I get an error. Is this normal for a trip booked through a travel agent? Or has something gone wrong with my booking? (I have e-ticket numbers so booking is ok).
The long answer to my own question on the off chance it helps someone one day...

The booking (single PNR/Booking Ref) included sectors on QR and SK, Expedia allowed me to enter different frequent flyer numbers for each, I used QF for the QR sectors, and SQ for the SK sectors. It appears QR's website (along with several other airlines) does not support multiple FF numbers. Anytime I tried to change anything, (seats, meals, even trying to remove the FF numbers) the QR website would throw up an error. QR were no help "it's an IT issue, your booking is fine", Expedia were no help "booking looks fine to us".
The solution.... for some reason the Royal Jordanian website (and apparently the Finnair one, but that wouldn't work for me) do allow you to make changes. So I went there and updated passenger details to remove the second (SQ) FF number. And now the booking can be managed as normal on the QR website.
purple1addict likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by purple1addict
Yes, search for your flight as per normal on the QR website and then toggle the radio button (normally top right of screen) to "Use Qmiles" to check award availability.

Alternatively use BA.com if you also have a BAEC account to check standard (x1) redemptions.
Small follow up question - is the availability for redeeming a business class seat for miles the same as for upgrading from economy to business?
The KVS website shows U class for both business redemption and business upgrade, so I am guessing it is...
(I plan a combination of buying business / redeeming business / buying economy and upgrading for 3 people (2 adults, 1 child) and it would suck if we ended up in different cabins)

Also, QR says Gold members can "Redeem your award ticket with better award seat availability" - to be on the safe side, should I search for availability on my wife's account (Silver) rather than mine (Gold)? My wife's ticket will probably be upgraded using the miles on her own account.

Thanks
/Sifaan
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hyatt Explorist, JetBlue Mosaic, Wyndham Diamond, National Executive Elite
I am planning to book LAX-DOH with AAdvantage miles and then DOH-SIN with BA Avios. My question is: Will I be able to choose seats? If yes, what is the process to choose based on the different booking currencies?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.