Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by dsquared37
As these are on separate tix would I be required to exit the plane in SGN, go through transit security etc prior to getting back on the plane?
Looking for any insight into the viability or potential problems of this approach.
What is the transit procedure at SGN? In some airports, e.g., CDG, there are ways to bypass transit security and go right back to the gate.

I think it likely that you'll have to deplane at SGN unless you can convince the onboard QR crew just to take your boarding pass out to the gate and scan it as if you were boarding.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: TK, ITA(!)
Hi all - I've left this a bit late, I have 12,000 QMiles expiring in a few days, anythign at all I can do with them? No current plans for travelling that I can use them on (its not enough to cover a trip to South Asia that I may take) and I'm not visiting Doha Duty Free before the end of hte year! Any ideas appreciated, Emirates had a charity donation option I cant see one here, I'll fall back to the hotel points option rather than let them go to waste.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Runes
Hi all - I've left this a bit late, I have 12,000 QMiles expiring in a few days, anythign at all I can do with them? No current plans for travelling that I can use them on (its not enough to cover a trip to South Asia that I may take) and I'm not visiting Doha Duty Free before the end of hte year! Any ideas appreciated, Emirates had a charity donation option I cant see one here, I'll fall back to the hotel points option rather than let them go to waste.
Yes in last resort you can convert them to hotel points like Accor hotels points.
You can also use them to buy a short haul ticket on QR or partner airlines (the best deal is probably a BKK-USM ticket on PG as these tickets are usually very expensive)
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: TK, ITA(!)
Originally Posted by Matt4

Yes in last resort you can convert them to hotel points like Accor hotels points.
You can also use them to buy a short haul ticket on QR or partner airlines (the best deal is probably a BKK-USM ticket on PG as these tickets are usually very expensive)
Thanks Matt, unfortunately it seems the minimum for a partner airline ticket is 12,500 miles so im 500 short. Accor lets you convert batches of 4500 QMiles to 1000 Le Club points, so I'll lose 3000 but at least something will come of it
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:25 am

[...]

Last edited by dj903jd; May 10, 2019 at 5:52 am
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by remdk
danger Since TAM is a Oneworld member then there is no reason for QR not to check your bags through to SCL. The only problem being if CPH staff have not been notified of/instructed in what is required. But that said CPH seem to be very up to date with all these changes. If this is all one PNR then there should not be a problem anyway.

You would be wise not to count on retrieving your bags in GRU if they are checked through to SCL.
And it happened just as you believed it would, remdk. CPH staff had no issue, didn't batter an eyelid. On boarding at DOH after a short connection, I enquired at the gate as to whether my bags had been loaded. The agent said they were but that I would need to claim them at GRU. I explained I didn't have a visa for Brazil to which he said it didn't matter, it's all done airside. Of course, I got to GRU and was told by QR groundstaff that that only applies to domestic connections. And to top it all off, my bag actually arrived in SCL, despite the 14 hour overnight layover.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
STPC on AA F award?

I have just booked an AA F award CDG DOH SYD and have 23 hrs .there is no earlier flight will i be able to ask for an STPC?
Im thinking no, but thought I would ask.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by aussielori
I have just booked an AA F award CDG DOH SYD and have 23 hrs .there is no earlier flight will i be able to ask for an STPC?
I have no specific knowledge, but I would assume that the ticket would have to be on 157 stock for this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aussielori
Award flights don't qualify for STPC.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
ah thought so but with EK giving them thought they may be competing.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
The F lounge can't be true, can it? No OW status for neither of us

Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:15 am

Karl Gustav Annus welcme to the QR forum.
To me it looks as if the demise of AB has yet to work its way into the QR systems! IIRC AB Gold was OWE which would have given access to the First class lounge.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:45 am

AB Gold was OWS, Plat was OWE.

I get the same list of lounges when viewing my J booking, without any status either though. AFAIK the non-Safwa FCL is actually worse than the Mourjan, so I'm probably not going to bother to check it out.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Can anyone advise of the opening time of the QR desk at Oslo airport - am travelling on the 0740 Oslo-Doh QR180. I had thought it unlikely that it would open at 0440 and will be doing OLCI.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:35 am

Brighterside as you say the standard is three hours prior to departure.
But who indeed would want to check-in at that hour of the morning?
Not me for sure, or you for that matter!
But how about passengers who are overnighting at the airport waiting for check-in to open? How about those who want to grab the extra space of a front row seat in any cabin that are normally only available at airport check-in?
Brighterside likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.