Search

QF 25 Question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2009, 8:12 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by david870mdg
Well, Can't say i'm personally a big fan of window seats. They are overrated on certain aircraft. What do others think?
Nothing overrated about the window seats on a 744 when you are in 1A or 1K.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 9:45 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
[QUOTE=david870mdg;12389628]What's all the fuss about a window on a 737?
For me it's not the best of experience to tear a neck muscle trying to see out of an already cramped seat below chest level through a round hole.
PLus having two additional people peering over to hope for a glimpse..../QUOTE]

Absolutely personal choice, agreed. I was just trying to warn anyone who might have an issue .... like me for example. Personally, I prefer an aisle seat however I must admit I steer well clear of this row as I find the lack of light somehow claustrophobic.

Might be why seatguru etc paint these seats yellow and I was just trying to disseminate that information.

BD
Old Sep 17, 2009, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
What's all the fuss about a window on a 737?
Well, Can't say i'm personally a big fan of window seats. They are overrated on certain aircraft. What do others think?
For me, window seats are good because nobody is going to disturb you if they want to get up, yet you do not have to be sandwiched between two other people to get that. And I don't really care that much about whether there is actually a window. It's undisturbed sleep that I want.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:57 pm

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by tuapekastar
I am in the same boat with QF26 AKL-MEL next week (I have whinged about it a number of times in recent weeks ). Do you know if OLCI will be possible in that situation? I'm travelling Y and I shudder at the thought of being forced into a middle seat by all those folk checking in at LAX!

PS. 734?? Luxury! Mine is a 733!
By way of follow-up, i was able to OLCI (at T-~21), and they had me in 6B!

Quickly changed to 7C but after I confirmed I realised I hadn't checked for the (unlikely) availability of exits. And I can't go back and redo it. Anyway, glad I OLCI'ed in this instance.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Plastic Fantastic! - QF, DJ, AF, NZ, DL etc..
Which 737?

Im on QF25 this Friday, its listed at 737-800 is that a new one, i've heard talk that QF is refurbishing the cabins on the TT route? Cheers.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 8:55 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Im on QF25 this Friday, its listed at 737-800 is that a new one, i've heard talk that QF is refurbishing the cabins on the TT route? Cheers.
Jetconnect is receiving 3new 73H this year to be based in AKL. They will all feature AVOD. ZK-ZQA is in service now, I believe it is currently doing MEL-AKL-BNE-AKL-MEL.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: QF LTG AC *G
Originally Posted by number_6
You might be able to find a cheap AS or AA fare out of LAX or the surrounding airports to get 20SCs.
My understanding is that AS flights do not earn SC's. Feel free to enlighten me if this is not the case. Obviously AA codeshares on AS metal will earn though.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:01 am

It certainly will be a new one. Jetconnect have actually received ZQA and ZQB with ZQC only weeks away ^

One aircraft ops 116/115 and 126/125 daily while the other moves through SYD and MEL in conjunction with pilot overnight and day trip patterns to ensure there are no hiccups with aircraft positioning due to a flgiht crew not being trained.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Plastic Fantastic! - QF, DJ, AF, NZ, DL etc..
Wink QF 25

QF 25 MEL-AKL-LAX;

New 737 with IFE and Marc Newson Y seats.
5am ex Mel with 3hour layover in AKL
744 with Friendly JetConnect crew
Seat 26H bulkead 2 class 744 Y

Great flight. All on time. Very good service made a difference.

Lines at AA T4 to clear security
West Indian Cricket players....

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.