Search

are my qantas points correct ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: my name is SANDRA
are my qantas points correct ?

Good everning people.

I've just send a copy of my hotel recipt to qantas to "claim points" after ive waited more then 9 or 10 weeks and no sign of points showing. So ive send the copy and quickly they gave me points so im happy know.

But im just not sure if qantas has actually gave me enough points.
Ive stay at one of the Mirvac Hotels and Resorts within australia and ive stay there for 4 nights and each night cost me 349.00 dollars each

So qantas has giving me 4,248 (for the time ive stay at mirvac hotel during july 2009. Qantas website indicates staying at any Mirvac hotel will earn you 3 points per 1dollar spend AUD.

Is the 4,248points are fully correct ? i thought there should be abit more then that for the amount ive spend per dollar per night at mirvac hotel.

$349.00 per night 4 nights stay

I did receive the 1,000 point each way with qantas quite quickly as i travel with qantas.

So just so sumaries a few things i was just asking your help to know wiethher the points i go is correct or missing abit more.

Someone in the forum told me i would get such amount of points. I forgot how many but i just had to know because 4,248points dosnt seem enough specialy the website saying mirvac you earn 3 points to each dollar spend. I spend 349.00 dollars per night stay 4nights.

thanks to all
and hopeing that the amount is fully correct. I am looking forward to earn more points..

thank you.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 3:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
$349 x 4 nights = $1,396

$1,396 x 3 points per $1 = 4,188 points

Simple maths and I'd say you got a few extra.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 5:19 am
Original Poster

thank you. So i gues it is fully correct what they have giving me.

I just looked at my TOTAL amount of points from flights to the new woolworth qantas card..

Total i have currently Total Points: 8,413

Im still on that old free Bronze card. Am i eligible to upgrade my card considering i have 8,413 of points ?

One thing i wont ever do is get qantas credit card course i dont preciate credit cards but im glad my card bronze is free and is easy to collect points.

How many more points would i need to freely upgrade a new card maybe next step silver or gold ?

thank you ones more.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:33 am

Programs: QFF
Do you even know how the QFF program works?
Points have nothing to do with Status.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:37 am

ansettlad,

Details on getting from Bronze to Silver to Gold to Platinum are available here: http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/program/privileges

As you can see it all depends on 'Status Credits' which you get for flying with Qantas and its oneworld partners.

With your 8,000-or so points, you don't unfortunately get much in terms of purchasing things. Best to keep saving! As a guide, you can get a MEL-SYD flight, and return, for 22,000 points inc. taxes (i.e. pay nor more).

Good luck saving!

L.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Good morning
Thanks to these who have posted.

I did thought i seen an area at qantas where it shows how much points you need to have before your eligible to upgrade your card from bronze to silver. So to the next level.

But seriously if the upgrade is about credit cards then im not going to deal any of that because i am not aloud to deal with credit cards due to financial problem.

I am not going to use my points yet nor will for the next 3 or so years. My goal is to keep collecting points as much posible. (So that at least someday i would go free travel like brisbane to adelaide or buy something for free at qantas website. But my goals is to keep collecting if only my points will never be wiped out because im not sure how safe my bronze card is.

I read that the silver and gold cards are more protective with your points*

I am planing a trip into insterstate next year so there for i will earn 2,000 points return by Qantas. And if the hotel im choose does count points too then thats even better.

I am also collecting points when i shop at woolies. But its allways seems to be around 38 points each time i shop there around that. Because you have to spend more then 30 dollars to beging real points.

So im on the bronze colour card. I was only just refereing wither i have to upgrade the card or not due to the fact i have now more then 8,000 points.

I mean it is a good start.. Not enough but plenty to start with.

thank you again to everyone.
preciate your time.^
Old Sep 25, 2009, 5:27 pm

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Privilege Elite, Velocity Platinum
It has nothing to do with credit cards. You get two types of points when you fly: frequent flyer points, and status credits.

Points are used to redeem upgrades, flights, etc - you have 8000 of them now.

Status Credits are used to upgrade your membership from Bronze to Silver to Gold to Platinum. You probably have about 30 or 40 of those and you need 350 to make Silver, 700 for Gold, and 1400 to Platinum so you have a little way to go.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bugayev
It has nothing to do with credit cards. You get two types of points when you fly: frequent flyer points, and status credits.

Points are used to redeem upgrades, flights, etc - you have 8000 of them now.

Status Credits are used to upgrade your membership from Bronze to Silver to Gold to Platinum. You probably have about 30 or 40 of those and you need 350 to make Silver, 700 for Gold, and 1400 to Platinum so you have a little way to go.
Hey thanks for that, Know i understand what you mean by "status credits" I

Ive just log into qantas site and tells me the following:

Additional Status credits required by 30 Jun 2010 to attain Silver: 320
status credits earned from 01 Jul 2009: 30

So what they saying is i have only earn 30 status credits am i correct ?
And its telling me something about june and july.... I mean does this mean that if i dont travel by the 30th of june 2010 my status credit will be wiped ? I mean i went to travel in july 2009 15th.

But i think i can still keep credit status because im allways using my woolies rewards card to keep the points active and keep collecting .

P.S then its say on the page: Current lifetime Status credits: 60

Last edited by ansettlad; Sep 25, 2009 at 5:53 pm
Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:59 pm

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Privilege Elite, Velocity Platinum
Originally Posted by ansettlad
Hey thanks for that, Know i understand what you mean by "status credits" I

Ive just log into qantas site and tells me the following:

Additional Status credits required by 30 Jun 2010 to attain Silver: 320
status credits earned from 01 Jul 2009: 30

So what they saying is i have only earn 30 status credits am i correct ?
And its telling me something about june and july.... I mean does this mean that if i dont travel by the 30th of june 2010 my status credit will be wiped ? I mean i went to travel in july 2009 15th.

But i think i can still keep credit status because im allways using my woolies rewards card to keep the points active and keep collecting .

P.S then its say on the page: Current lifetime Status credits: 60
You have to earn your credits every year to retain status. You have until 30 June 2010 next year to earn 320 status credits and be silver until June 2011.

Your POINTS never expire but your status credits certainly do.

You don't earn any status credits for Woolies, only points, so they have nothing to do with Platinum, Gold and Silver.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

You have to earn your credits every year to retain status. You have until 30 June 2010 next year to earn 320 status credits and be silver until June 2011.

You don't earn any status credits for Woolies, only points, so they have nothing to do with Platinum, Gold and Silver.
Hey thanks kindly for your help there

Wow thats good so if i travel next year i am them on silver card am i correct ? sorry if i miss understood if its not.

But its telling me until the 30th of june 2010. What if i travel 28th june until 2nd of july 2010 for a few days stay in sydney or melbourne ? does this mean its too late to claim these status ? course i mean i dont no but if you cant do that then i have to travel before the 30th of june 2010 by all means

thanks you.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 8:09 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
ansettlad

I suggest you have a thorough read of the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer programme on the QFF web site.

All the information you need to answer your questions will be found there
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by ansettlad
Hey thanks kindly for your help there

Wow thats good so if i travel next year i am them on silver card am i correct ? sorry if i miss understood if its not.

But its telling me until the 30th of june 2010. What if i travel 28th june until 2nd of july 2010 for a few days stay in sydney or melbourne ? does this mean its too late to claim these status ? course i mean i dont no but if you cant do that then i have to travel before the 30th of june 2010 by all means

thanks you.
To get Silver you would need to travel on the cheapest fare from Brisbane to Melbourne 11 more times before the 30th of June 2010.

If you travel on the 2nd of July, it would strictly be counted in the 2011 membership year and not 2010.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:15 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci

Just a quick point of order - points Do expire after three years of inactivity - all you need though is one point entering or leaving to prevent this from happening though.

Dave
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:27 am

Programs: QFF
To get Silver you would need to travel on the cheapest fare from Brisbane to Melbourne 11 more times before the 30th of June 2010.

If you travel on the 2nd of July, it would strictly be counted in the 2011 membership year and not 2010.
Two return trips from Australia to London or New York in first will get you to Platinum. ;P (One will get you to Gold)
Old Sep 26, 2009, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Hi there.

Thanks i think i miss understood where i thought one user said you must travel before 30th of june to at least get into silver card next.

But im not traveling anytime sooner.. i only travel a good one time in a year.
So BNE to MELB as an example return ticket of course.

So hmm i suppose ill need to travel like 11 times now and until 30th of june 2010. I really cant aford doing that at all.

Oh though i am traveling to melbourne and then sydney in 2010
but the time that im going will be the middle between 28th june till 2nd of july 2010.

So if i loose that current status then i have to start all over again.
But the good news is that i still will maintain more points and with the points i can allways collect and oneday travel for free even a free night stay hotel or buy something using points.

My goal is to archive my card. Though i can not travel so much just to archive a upgrade card and status within just under 12month.

Next year i will earn 2,000 points getting there and returning home with qantas.
Then of course collect points 3x per dollar spend with any mirv hotel.

So if i get at least the same what i got for next year i should have aprox roughly about 12,000 or so points been added. Yet not sure about the status credit..

okies thanks again have a pleasant weekend people.

p.s but thats the big problem about the status credit as ive just learn what it means and that if i dont travel before 30th of june then the current status will be gone. Oh though my last trip i did with qantas was in july 2009 15th.

Last edited by ansettlad; Sep 26, 2009 at 1:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.