Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Status credits calculator for other OneWorld airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status credits calculator for other OneWorld airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2009, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
... And yes, they are talking about upgrades paid for using your points. And of course your cheap Red E-Deal is not eligible for an upgrade anyway.
ODU's are only available for Domestic segments, e.g. QF400 MEL-SYD or QF19 SYD-BNE.

Note that basically the same rules for domestic upgrades apply; specifically, you can't do from restricted fares (e.g. O, N, E, Q, X) [which includes some or most red e-deals].

Note that I have purchased red e-deals which were in S class and was indeed able to upgrade.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by notzac
IMHO the biggest benefit to PS (or oneworld Ruby for that matter) is not having to use the Y check-in queues.
I agree this has to be the best benefit. Alas I usually have my partner (who doesn't have status) on the same PNR. So I probably won't get to skip the Y queue very often!
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Jase76
I agree this has to be the best benefit. Alas I usually have my partner (who doesn't have status) on the same PNR. So I probably won't get to skip the Y queue very often!
If one of you is Silver, I'm pretty sure you can still use the priority queues.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 7:52 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Jase76
While the rules don't say that, in reality you can usually have the extended family with you and they will most probably not turn you away.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 3:28 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Thanks leny and DownUnderFlyer, glad to hear I should be okay with another person on my PNR. ^
Old Apr 5, 2009, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
This is a useful thread for many newbies. Any chance the OP could request for our mod to change the title to make it come up easier in a search?

Perhaps "status credits calculator for other OneWorld airlines"?

Old Apr 5, 2009, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
happy to request - whether or not the request is acknowledged is a completely different matter, I don't seem to have much truck on that front...
Old Apr 5, 2009, 5:18 am

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
[mod hat]

Title changed

[/mod hat]
Old Apr 5, 2009, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by VH-RMD
happy to request - whether or not the request is acknowledged is a completely different matter, I don't seem to have much truck on that front...
Use the RPB button located on each and every post in the bottom left hand corner. That will do the trick!

[RPB = Report Bad Post]
Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:10 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Use the RPB button located on each and every post in the bottom left hand corner. That will do the trick!

[RPB = Report Bad Post]
Too late, willyroo changed the thread title 30 minutes before you posted!

Dave
Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by thadocta
Too late, willyroo changed the thread title 30 minutes before you posted!

Dave
Yes - but I was posting to ensure others are made aware of the RPB button, which it appears many are not.

willyroo can't be expected to read every thread, and using RPB alerts him to the fact that there is something to potentially fix.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:38 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Yes - but I was posting to ensure others are made aware of the RPB button, which it appears many are not.

willyroo can't be expected to read every thread, and using RPB alerts him to the fact that there is something to potentially fix.
Fairy nuff.

Dave
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:37 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
We have uni students here who are WP, Starwood Platinum among other things....
Paging QF009...
Man I'm doing it wrong. Flying as often as I can afford, and still nuthin' bronze

Maybe they're the rich kind of uni student, not the povo kind like me.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by k_sheep
Man I'm doing it wrong. Flying as often as I can afford, and still nuthin' bronze

Maybe they're the rich kind of uni student, not the povo kind like me.
It's all about *clever* flying not just random flying. If you only travel within Australia, then you're not going to have much luck but with all the sales on at present, you can get your status credit per dollar down as low as $6.50 per SC on a MEL-ADL run. Go to NZ and fly AKL-WLG on QF before they go and you can get it for under $5. If you're in the USA, you can do runs that net you 240 SC's for under $3 per SC.

Plan around your membership year too, and look for sales. If you're not flying much, 350 SC's is hard to attain for a 'bargain' when flying domestically (as a uni student, it's all subjective).
Old Apr 6, 2009, 5:40 pm

We have uni students here who are WP, Starwood Platinum among other things....
Paging QF009...
He is not a QF WP quite yet!

AA EXP he is though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.