Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Status credits calculator for other OneWorld airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status credits calculator for other OneWorld airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2009, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Which confirms the old wisdom that it is good to book with as many flight numbers as you can.
Than you both for your answers! That extra 20 SC will get me to PS. Hardly WP but I have never had status before ^
Old Apr 1, 2009, 7:04 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Jase76
Than you both for your answers! That extra 20 SC will get me to PS. Hardly WP but I have never had status before ^
Not WP true but PS is the drug which all addicted us to airline status....
Old Apr 1, 2009, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
PS gets an addional 10Kg checked luggage on Qantas Flights (an extra Piece on US flights)
Old Apr 1, 2009, 9:01 pm

Not WP true but PS is the drug which all addicted us to airline status....
So true.

Afetr the company provided me with a QP membership after joining around 3 years ago I was like wow that's cool. Then after a month I recieved the new QF Silver package in the mail. Upon opening it I was so amazed! (I didn't know what status was prior, just thought I had what ever other QP member had).

Then, after reading every word in the brochure, I became what i am now - hopelessly addicted to point hoarding.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 9:40 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
PS gets an addional 10Kg checked luggage on Qantas Flights (an extra Piece on US flights)
IMHO the biggest benefit to PS (or oneworld Ruby for that matter) is not having to use the Y check-in queues.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by vecta
So true.

Afetr the company provided me with a QP membership after joining around 3 years ago I was like wow that's cool. Then after a month I recieved the new QF Silver package in the mail. Upon opening it I was so amazed! (I didn't know what status was prior, just thought I had what ever other QP member had).

Then, after reading every word in the brochure, I became what i am now - hopelessly addicted to point hoarding.
Oh few. I'm not the only one

After a long slug I'm finally going to hit SG next Sunday. I've been stuck at PS for the past 6 years now, never quite reaching SG. Thanks to YUP's, It's SG for 1 month shy of 2 years, and a good possibility i'll be able to sneak another run in for WP for 14 months or so

Damn that shiny silver card and what it started
Old Apr 2, 2009, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Get a Gold one and you won't want to go back ....
Old Apr 2, 2009, 2:04 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by notzac
IMHO the biggest benefit to PS (or oneworld Ruby for that matter) is not having to use the Y check-in queues.

And QP membership (for QF flights at least) - the priority check-in is not far behind the lounge access as a benefit IMHO, especially when the Y queues are huge, and the J/QP ones are, well, not.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 2:47 am

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by serfty
Get a Gold one and you won't want to go back ....
Tell me about it, I just like the look of it, and now have started to work out how to retain it for another 12 months!! It's an unusual addiction for a uni student...
Old Apr 2, 2009, 5:04 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by austgap
Tell me about it, I just like the look of it, and now have started to work out how to retain it for another 12 months!! It's an unusual addiction for a uni student...
We have uni students here who are WP, Starwood Platinum among other things....
Paging QF009...
Old Apr 2, 2009, 5:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by notzac
That is very true of Australian airports. But in places like SIN, HKG and LAX at times is still ok.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 5:37 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by tuapekastar
And QP membership (for QF flights at least) - the priority check-in is not far behind the lounge access as a benefit IMHO, especially when the Y queues are huge, and the J/QP ones are, well, not.
PS doesn't give you QP access (except for the once-off pass you get every year) - SG and WP get the QP membership.

Dave
Old Apr 2, 2009, 5:57 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by thadocta
PS doesn't give you QP access (except for the once-off pass you get every year) - SG and WP get the QP membership.

Dave
True. I wasn't clear with my post. I meant that QP membership gave you access to priority checkin, as does PS (at least for QF flights, maybe some others under certain conditions)...which I reckon as a benefit is up there not far from the lounge access. (I hate queueing for things )
Old Apr 3, 2009, 6:12 am

We have uni students here who are WP, Starwood Platinum among other things....
Paging QF009...
Oh? How do you do it?

I just wanted to add my question. In the Gold/Plat benefits it says: "On Departure upgrades within Qantas Club lounges.++" - are they talking about upgrades paid with points here?
Old Apr 3, 2009, 6:42 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by leny
Oh? How do you do it?

I just wanted to add my question. In the Gold/Plat benefits it says: "On Departure upgrades within Qantas Club lounges.++" - are they talking about upgrades paid with points here?
Not me, my student days are looong gone. Or at least it feels like it.

And yes, they are talking about upgrades paid for using your points. And of course your cheap Red E-Deal is not eligible for an upgrade anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.