Wiki Posts
Search

Jetstar NZ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2009, 9:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
As anticipated, QF domestic lounges in NZ are closing 4 December 2009.
CHC international lounge will also be closing. How long before WLG international follows suit?
Old Aug 16, 2009, 9:27 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
With free entry to the new JQ lounges for WP/CL.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
There have been some other changes announced as well - see here:
Old Aug 16, 2009, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by wijomas
Yeh, I noticed that. SG and QP miss out. Obviously they don't care about all their customers..

I wonder if that will extend to OOL where there is currently a JQ lounge but no free access for QP/SG/WP/CL.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 10:52 pm

CHC international lounge will also be closing. How long before WLG international follows suit?
Originally Posted by wijomas
Doesn't make much sense to me. It's a poles-apart tactic, isn't it? Your most valuable customers mixing with slack jawed-yokels, with the middle guys missing out. (just kidding...)

How do you think they'll roll out the JQ lounges anyway. My guess is they'll grab the existing lounges and just rejig the existing decor and walls. Splash of ungodly (un-gaudy?) orange here, a big star there, some pumpkins (I mean, "lounges") around the place and the usual name changes etc. and that's it. Big deal.

As for the CHC Int lounge, who do you think they're bumming off (i.e. "associate lounge")? NZ Koru Club? (If they do, that wouldn't be all that bad, but sleeping with the enemy.... - just kidding...)

If it weren't for the fact that I'm requalifying for QF WP, there are SYD and MEL F Lounges, LAN J is bl**dy cheap and that getting status and awards on NZ is so tough it makes getting WP on QF look like child's play, probably all of my Trans-Tasman dealings would be on the Koru carrier...
Old Aug 16, 2009, 11:35 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

I think QF/JQ will be using Manaia lounge at CHC. EK uses this.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Is there another lounge that QF can sub-contract to? And would QF be wise to, given the inter-capital traffic that must come this way?

CHC lounge arrangements will presumably disappoint OW Emeralds and Sapphires. Maybe it's a prelude to QF abandoning CHC altogether?
Old Aug 17, 2009, 2:34 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Globaliser
CHC lounge arrangements will presumably disappoint OW Emeralds and Sapphires. Maybe it's a prelude to QF abandoning CHC altogether?
My bet will be the daily QF flight will go & JQ TT flights will go from the Domestic Gates. It does not say the contact lounge in CHC will be run by JQ

Anyone else noticed the extra SKY Bridge on the Old International Pier(Domestic) at AKL. It looks like an extra SKY Bridge is in process of being built too. Which makes me wonder if JQ & DJ tassie flights will depart from the domestic terminals. All they would need to do would make a holding pen and put some customs counters in. Although there is no way you could make a holding pen at gate 21/20.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Anyone else noticed the extra SKY Bridge on the Old International Pier(Domestic) at AKL. It looks like an extra SKY Bridge is in process of being built too. Which makes me wonder if JQ & DJ tassie flights will depart from the domestic terminals. All they would need to do would make a holding pen and put some customs counters in. Although there is no way you could make a holding pen at gate 21/20.
I haven't seen this "SKY Bridge" but that might account for the construction crews that were working around the aerobridges on the former QFNZ terminal (which held up our on time disembarkation in late May ).

There's already big noise about trying to get Trans-Tasman routes flying out of domestic terminals, to a yet-to-be-determined extent. All things being optimal, customs counters might not be needed, otherwise that defeats the whole idea of flying Trans-Tasman services from "domestic" terminals.

I wonder how the current "holding pens" outside gates 20 and 21 are going at the moment? QFNZ only used 733s which hold less pax than the JQNZ A320s. The old "holding pen" barely fit enough pax for two 733s waiting for departure even after one takes out those with QP access....
Old Aug 17, 2009, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by anat0l
I wonder how the current "holding pens" outside gates 20 and 21 are going at the moment? QFNZ only used 733s which hold less pax than the JQNZ A320s. The old "holding pen" barely fit enough pax for two 733s waiting for departure even after one takes out those with QP access....
It doesn't do to well with two full A320 with in a short time of each other. Its full of passengers atleast anhour before boarding. With people are scared of missing there flight.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 1:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

There is a new airbridge at AKL (domestic) gate 23. It is in use already
Old Aug 17, 2009, 11:15 pm

There is a new airbridge at AKL (domestic) gate 23. It is in use already
Yip with alot of building work going on next to it So we could be seeing a Gate 24 with a sky bridge

Anyone got a copy of the plans of the working they are currently doing at domestic ?
Old Aug 18, 2009, 8:11 pm

Row2

I just had to make my booking over the phone because the Jetstar website wouldn't take my payment.

Online it showed row 2 as been taken, but over the phone the agent asked me if i wanted row 2A. Which makes me wonder if its blocked off?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

NZ Herald

Jetstar says it is already making an operating profit on its domestic routes, in contrast to predecessor Qantas which was losing $750,000 a week flying here.

Jetstar's chief executive Bruce Buchanan said the early move to profitability could bring forward the airline's plans to expand its network to more New Zealand cities.

Cities including Hamilton, Rotorua, Dunedin and Invercargill could be part of expansion plans and he hoped to have a fourth aircraft based here within the current financial year.

Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:32 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP

Nooo.. not more JQ!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.