FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Jetstar NZ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/922410-jetstar-nz.html)

Kiwi Flyer Feb 16, 2009 4:00 pm

Jetstar NZ

From 22 July

AKL-CHC
AKL-WLG
AKL-ZQN
CHC-WLG
CHC-ZQN

$1 12-2 today

futaris Feb 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Thanks for this Kiwi Flyer

Which dates are they available?

To answer my own question,

The offer is for travel between July 22 and September 22 and the fares are subject to availability on selected days and flights and exclude public and school holidays.
From stuff.co.nz

wijomas Feb 16, 2009 4:19 pm

keeps crashing... anyone actually managed to book anything yet?

serfty Feb 16, 2009 4:32 pm

Probably due to this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...ina-india.html

Blackcloud Feb 16, 2009 4:36 pm

What I feared.:mad:
Well it looks as if I will be NZ GE next year!
1 year left of QFWP as I seriously dobut I will fly JQ when I can be better served by NZ.

futaris Feb 16, 2009 4:45 pm

And of course, Jetstar will not fly to ROT. :)

So from Christchurch, If you want leave it to ROT you will have to fly an Air New Zealand subsidiary.

The worst thing is that it makes getting to ZQN harder on an AAward (at 20k/35k), since you won't be able to use the JQ segments internally in NZ. At least they're increasing the no of flights into ZQN on QANTAS. Does anyone know whether JQ will be able to fly into ZQN in bad weather?

serfty Feb 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Such is life ... in all honesty I am bracing for a lot more service changes (not just in NZ) over the next 18 months as the flow of liquidity dries up even more ...

As far as ROT goes, it's a nice easy drive from AKL anyway ...

anat0l Feb 16, 2009 5:17 pm

Well, there goes all the NZ-based WPs. Except for those that fly fully flexible as a company policy. Their SC base will be relatively unaffected, and more than likely it will just mean pigging out more at the QP rather than put up with the BOB on JQ.

Of course, that is if any QPs will still exist in NZ after JQ services commence. :( No more WLG cheese scones.

Personally I don't know how QF were making any money on the NZ domestic routes at the prices they were selling the fares.

And I don't think this will give NZ a run for its money. Sure, the cheapest NZ fares do not attract Airpoints, but NZ still has the full cost brand and service, the home country value and still at competitive prices (or so I'm lead to believe).

serfty Feb 16, 2009 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by anat0l (Post 11268834)
... Sure, the cheapest NZ fares do not attract Airpoints, ...

I believe they now do.

wijomas Feb 16, 2009 5:26 pm

After 40 mins on hold on JQ's 0800 number, I managed to book several AKL-WLG returns. Most of the AKL-ZQN were gone - not surprising really.

I don't think I'll be renewing my WP. NZ GE here I come.

Kiwi Flyer Feb 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Cheapest NZ fares earn status points but not redeemable airbucks.

anat0l Feb 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 11268871)
I believe they now do.

Well that just ties QF/JQ thoroughly up, then.

I have to say I also feel sorry for the NZ-based QF crew. Their jobs are done for after these changes and they are consistently the most friendly crew that I've experienced whilst flying with QF. (Unless QF decides to give them the JQ jobs.)

Kiwi Flyer Feb 16, 2009 5:33 pm

Is anyone interested in a farewell to jetconnect run/do? Unfortunately weekend of 6/7 June isn't good for me, nor the weekend prior (long weekend for Queens birthday), and the weekend prior to that is ozfest. But perhaps early to mid May?

wijomas Feb 16, 2009 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 11268913)
Is anyone interested in a farewell to jetconnect run/do? Unfortunately weekend of 6/7 June isn't good for me, nor the weekend prior (long weekend for Queens birthday), and the weekend prior to that is ozfest. But perhaps early to mid May?

I'm in ^

anat0l Feb 16, 2009 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 11268913)

Interested, but the timing will probably be off for me. There's already a plethora of travel in May for me as it stands already.