Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

While JQ/DJ battle high server loads, QF give us some cheapies too..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2004, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat

Some new N class specials out for the May/June travel period that JQ/DJ are hyping right now. Interesting move.

From MEL:

Newcastle from $56
Gold Coast from $57
Hobart from $59
Launceston from $59

I find it interesting that these are all JQ routes (or will be). Though QF has thrown a few 733 back into LST that I saw when I booked a return (let's hope QF1023 does turn to QF1024 ).

I wonder if QF are trying to throw some bones out to the FFlyers? Or to guage how many people will fly mainlaine in JQ city-pairs as well?

Anyway, a few good specials....

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...ermsConditions

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">9.3 Frequent Flyer Partner Airlines and oneworld Alliance Airlines - Exclusions and Restrictions on Point Earning
9.3.1 a.) Points cannot be earned on flights operated by Jetstar Airways or Australian Airlines, even where a Qantas flight number is entered on the ticket.</font>
But are they genuine QF operated flights or a codeshare. Look like some QF flights will be codeshares operated by * hence rule 9.3 NO POINTS

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> 10.4 Flight Awards - Booking Conditions
10.4.6 Redemption Booking Restrictions: (the following are added to the existing provisions of 10.4.6 b.) and c.)
b.) Jetstar Airways: Award bookings on Jetstar Airways operated flights may only be booked under a 'QF' flight designator. </font>
[This message has been edited by Mwenenzi (edited Feb 25, 2004).]
Old Feb 25, 2004, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Not to worry I have sorted that one out:

The flights I booked:

a) QF flt # &lt; 1600
b) oper 733 equip

the QF/JQ codeshare flights only show up in international GDS's anyway, and they are in the 5000-5999 range, and are op. by 717 (and later 320 equip I presume). So I am hoping real hard that QF keep these mainline flights in. I wouldnt' dare book a QF op. Impulse 717 flight anytime after May 1 though....

Has anyone seen a JQ flight show up as JQ on the qantas website seeing as you are supposed to be able to book them as shared itineraries???

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 11:49 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Tried a Perth to Hamilton Island and got this

Your return trip between Perth and Hamilton Island involves a flight on both Qantas and Jetstar. You will be required to collect your baggage and change airlines at Brisbane
Booking 1: You will need to book your flights between Perth and Brisbane with Qantas below.
Booking 2: You will need to book your flights between Brisbane and Hamilton Island with Jetstar below.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I got the same thing trying to dummy a SYD-HTI.

After some playing with dates I got the impression that it was because QF and JQ will operate in parallel from May to some time in August, but then QF will withdraw from the route. But the QF online timetable resolutely continues to display QF flights in the 1600 range at different times from JQ's, even though the QF website is not taking bookings on the QF coded flights. The timetable has probably yet to be updated.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 12:06 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
I am having no luck with being able to book seats, and I have been trying every 30 minutes.
Found a flight from Brisbane to Melbourne on the 24 May 2003, on a 717 with a QF16**, I am thinking it must be a positioning flight, could it be the last QF 717 flight.

I am trying to get JQ101 25 May but not having any luck.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 12:10 am

I think the system is confused. If you try Hayman Island suddenly it finds QF flights to Hamilton Island??
Old Feb 26, 2004, 12:16 am

I like this one:

Your return trip between Hamilton Island and Hayman Island involves a flight on both Qantas and Jetstar. You will be required to collect your baggage and change airlines at Brisbane
Booking 1: You will need to book your flights between Hamilton Island and Brisbane with Jetstar below.
Booking 2: You will need to book your flights between Brisbane and Hayman Island with Qantas below.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.