Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

A couple of questions on QF12 LAX – SYD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2004, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond

I’m flying on QF12 from LA to Sydney on Friday 27 Feb and have a couple of questions that hopefully someone can answer:

Does anyone know whether Qantas operate a skybed service on this route yet or do we get the older seats still?

I’ve heard mention of two different terminals for Qantas international flights from LA. There’s no mention of which terminal to go to in my documentation, so can anyone clarify which terminal to use for this flight? I’m flying business class – is there a decent lounge at the terminal?

Finally, the flight is due to land at 8am. I can’t get into the apartment I’m renting until about 1pm. Is there an arrivals lounge at SYD that I can mooch around in for a couple of hours?

Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2004, 9:37 am

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
I recommend that you download the oneWorld timetable and keep it current. The schedule page indicates which terminal flights usually depart and arrive from/at for all oneWorld carriers. For example, your flight Friday departs LAX Terminal 4, which is the AA terminal. The new AA/QF lounge there is quite comfortable, although there is no food other than a few pretzels served. You can purchase a sandwich from the bar, if you wish. Your J Class tix will gain you entry. If the AC agent at the door does not automatically give you a couple of free drink coupons, request them... Safe travels.

http://www.oneworldtimetable.com/oneworld.exe
Old Feb 26, 2004, 12:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"Does anyone know whether Qantas operate a skybed service on this route yet or do we get the older seats still?"

No skybeds on that route

"I’ve heard mention of two different terminals for Qantas international flights from LA. There’s no mention of which terminal to go to in my documentation, so can anyone clarify which terminal to use for this flight? I’m flying business class – is there a decent lounge at the terminal?"

The SYD flight departs from Terminal 4. You can use the Admirals Club in T4 ( though I will leave it to you to decide if that is decent )

"Finally, the flight is due to land at 8am. I can’t get into the apartment I’m renting until about 1pm. Is there an arrivals lounge at SYD that I can mooch around in for a couple of hours?"

Nope

Dave

Thanks[/B][/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.