Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award inventory - ASP/AYQ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2003, 9:44 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
Award inventory - ASP/AYQ

I need this little QF "network" flight (Alice Springs to Ayers Rock) to finish my (British Airlines mileage) One World Award ticketing....My needed date is in Dec. 2003..There is no award inventory on this date, yet the flight is wide open for purchase. How likely is it that award seats will be realeased in the coming months? I can delay the One World award ticketing and just "hold" the reservations. I have no experience with this and would appreciate your informed opionions...Thanks
Old Feb 7, 2003, 9:55 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Probably it will open 2 weeks before, doubt you can delay ticketing that long. Maybe you can get ticketed for another date and then change it later, or more likely buy a visit australia pass and use that for the non-award inventory.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 11:02 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

How about buy a fully refundable ticket - then if the award inventory becomes available - return the refundable ticket and add the segment to my One-World ticket??
Old Feb 7, 2003, 11:26 pm

renee-
I just checked and there is free award qantas seats mid dec 03.
let us know exactly what you are looking for and when and I will check availablity.
that was in economy.
Dont forget its about 120 degrees out there mid dec.
I certainly wouldnt want to be there then!!!!
Old Feb 8, 2003, 12:00 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Hi TinkyBelle --Thank you so much for your help We need QF #1937 on Dec. 18..we have Business Class but would have no problem being in Coach for that short flight! They have told me the flight is wide open for purchase, but there is NO award inventory on that date - and that is the only date I can do this...
Yes - I know the heat will be brutal --but we will only be in Alice Springs for 1 day and Ayers Rock for 1 day --I really don't want to miss the sights and this is the only time we have...Do you really think we are crazy to try and do this at the height of summer? The alternative, is to just stay in Sydney and never see the "Outback" at all. As this is a 50th Anniversay trip...we will never get back to Australia...Thanks for your informed opinion!!
Old Feb 8, 2003, 1:45 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
It may be 120 degrees in the Alice over summer, but it IS a dry heat with almost no humidity. Far more tolerable than the stinking humidity of Sydney at the moment. Give me half a chance, I would prefer to be there (Alice) than here (SYD) tonight!

Go for it - even if you have to buy a ticket. If you don't see enough, you can always come back another time. Life's too short for short trips.
Old Feb 8, 2003, 5:28 am

there is eco and busx2 on 19th. how many do u require.
maybe email me and l check

[This message has been edited by tinkybelle (edited 02-08-2003).]
Old Feb 8, 2003, 5:50 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Tinkybelle -I have been over and over this w/British Air -I knew there was availability on Dec. 17 and 19 - just not the 18 - which is what I need I finally took the last 2 Business class seats on Dec 17 (that's why you couldn't see them) --and I am holding them (Dec.17) for as long as I can delay the ticketing, I will check for the Dec. 18 seats often = if available I will switch dates -Thank you SO MUCH !
Old Feb 8, 2003, 6:59 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
I would not expect QF to review the award seating for that flight until much cloer to the travel date. There most likely were award seats available but they have already been allocated to someone else. So unless their plans change and they release their reserations, no more will be allocated until perhaps 2 weeks before flight date.

If you must travel that route on that date, then you will need to purchase a revenue ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.