Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QANTAS interline baggage with Singapore Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

I will be flying from Sydney with Singapore Airlines and will have a 10 hour rest before Flying QANTAS to London. Since I would like to spend this time in the Airport Transit Hotel at Changi airport and have been advised not to go through customs and immigration, will Singapore Airlines interline my baggage with QANTAS through to London from Sydney?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by johnmbps
I will be flying from Sydney with Singapore Airlines and will have a 10 hour rest before Flying QANTAS to London. Since I would like to spend this time in the Airport Transit Hotel at Changi airport and have been advised not to go through customs and immigration, will Singapore Airlines interline my baggage with QANTAS through to London from Sydney?
If it is a single itinerary, I would expect so

I would suggest asking Singapore Airlines since it will be up to them whether they are prepared to interline to Qantas with a 10 hour connection

Dave
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:12 pm

Programs: QFF Bronze, Krisflyer, Emirates Skysurfers, Virgin Velocity.
Im not even sure you can if its a Single Booking..

Qantas Cant issue your singapore airlines boarding pass, bag tags etc, so Im pretty sure you will have to go through customs, get your bags, Procede to Terminal 1, check in for the QF flight, go airside and spend the night at the Transit Hotel.

Im presuming this is your first time in Singapore?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
At SIN, SQ allow next day baggage transits and even check in with baggage 2 days before a flight. So capacity should not be an issue.

If they will interline your bags you should be fine ...

BTW, johnmbps, welcome to FT.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by jetsetkiwi
Im not even sure you can if its a Single Booking..

Qantas Cant issue your singapore airlines boarding pass, bag tags etc, so Im pretty sure you will have to go through customs, get your bags, Procede to Terminal 1, check in for the QF flight, go airside and spend the night at the Transit Hotel. ...
Printing BP's is different from interlining baggage.

If SQ will interline, the baggage will be checked all the way through; the OP will simply need to visit the airside airline transit/transfer desk for their QF BP's.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:53 pm

Programs: QFF Bronze, Krisflyer, Emirates Skysurfers, Virgin Velocity.
Oh Ok, I thought it has somthing to do with it..
Old Feb 20, 2008, 1:41 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Note if the OP cannot interline, then they would need to collect baggage and then wait for the QF check-in to open, meaning they could not access the Transit hotel as it is airside
Old Feb 20, 2008, 3:16 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
They interline in Australia so it would surprise me if they don't to that in SIN.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 3:29 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Bag tags are standard across all IATA carriers and every carrier should be able to interline with every other IATA carrier and must do so if the flights are on the same ticket.

Make sure you book a room in advance for the transit hotel (probably at least a month in advance) to secure a room.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 3:18 am

Programs: SPG Gold, PC Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Yes, they definitely interline (or at least they did two years ago).

In 2006, I booked two award flights BNE-SIN ( Star Alliance award in Y) and then SIN-LHR (One World award in J) with a 2 hour connection time. Singapore Airlines tagged my luggage through to LHR. All that was required at SIN was a visit to the transfer desk to pick up my onward boarding pass for the BA flight.

Singapore and BA/Qantas use different Terminals at Changi - so make sure you go to the Transfer Desk located in the same Terminal as Qantas to pick up your boarding pass.

Extremely easy and quick - still had plenty of time to spend in the Lounge.

I called Singapore Airlines before I departed to confirm this wouldn't be a problem. ( Perhaps call them also to alleviate your fears - just in case policy has changed)
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
I notice the thread is 9 years old and would like to have an update.

I will fly from BNE to ADL (Revenue ticket by QF) and have a connecting flight ADL-SIN by SQ (Award business class ticket issued by UA). Wonder if QF still has baggage interline with SQ.

If you have an update, kindly post it here. Thanks for your input in advance!

Last edited by GordonGordon; Oct 10, 2017 at 9:59 pm
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:49 pm

Qantas will not check baggage through on 2 separate itineraries

You will need to collect the baggage in BNE or ADL ( your flights listed are confusing ) and then check in separately for your Singapore Airlines flight

Ensure that you leave enough time since if you miss the Singapore Airlines flight, you have no protection
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Qantas will not check baggage through on 2 separate itineraries

You will need to collect the baggage in BNE or ADL ( your flights listed are confusing ) and then check in separately for your Singapore Airlines flight

Ensure that you leave enough time since if you miss the Singapore Airlines flight, you have no protection
Thanks Dave. Already corrected my post, should be ADL-SIN by SQ, not BNE-SIN.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Thanks Dave. Already corrected my post, should be ADL-SIN by SQ, not BNE-SIN.
You will need to collect bags in Adelaide. At least Adelaide is a nice easy airport for connecting with no change of terminal required

Just make sure to allow plenty of time in case of delays/cancellations
GordonGordon likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Any more experiences with QFA to SIA baggage interline on two separate tickets? Technically it seems QFA can do this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.