FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/721801-6th-annual-ft-agm-bne-qp-saturday-23-feb-2008-a.html)

Kiwi Flyer Jan 22, 2008 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by GoldFlyer (Post 9112818)
og, we will, I'm sure, make your arrival into BNE memorable you might even regret asking for a reception

Oh yeah.

Something like a page for "Mr Oh Gee - please return to security to collect your vibrating briefcase", timed for when he arrives at the QP. :D

shillard Jan 23, 2008 9:23 pm

Still Plat - I'm booked into the Sofitel for Saturday night, flights TBC but will likely be coming up from CBR at some point during the day - certainly in time for festivities to commence.

Are we kicking on once the Club winds down?

Anyone?

Anyone.....?

Bueller? Bueller......?

serfty Jan 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by shillard
... Are we kicking on once the Club winds down?

Anyone?

Anyone.....?

Bueller? Bueller......?

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 9112123)
... However, I am more than interested in a Post AGM evening meal. ^:)

I'll be up for something like a meal. :)

Itsalongwaydown Jan 23, 2008 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by shillard (Post 9124784)
Still Plat - I'm booked into the Sofitel for Saturday night, flights TBC but will likely be coming up from CBR at some point during the day - certainly in time for festivities to commence.

Are we kicking on once the Club winds down?

Anyone?

Anyone.....?

Bueller? Bueller......?

shillard,

serfty, JohnK and I have expressed an interest somewhere during the last 303 posts. ... not sure where though! :cool:

serfty Jan 23, 2008 11:23 pm

I was thinking of the Norman Hotel (Run by the family that "made" the Breaky Ck before selling out), but being a steak place and if some are doing the B.C. for lunch another 'cuisine' may be appropriate.

Itsalongwaydown Jan 23, 2008 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 9125169)
I was thinking of the Norman Hotel (Run by the family that "made" the Breaky Ck before selling out), but being a steak place and if some are doing the B.C. for lunch another 'cuisine' may be appropriate.

I've been to both Ross and they are sufficiently different and serve enough other 'stuff' to keep me happy.

NM Jan 23, 2008 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 9125169)

I love its description as "Brisbane's Worst Vegetarian Restaurant".

shillard Jan 24, 2008 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown (Post 9125146)
shillard,

serfty, JohnK and I have expressed an interest somewhere during the last 303 posts. ... not sure where though! :cool:

Cool - I was going to trawl the history of the thread, but I couldn't be arsed....

serfty Jan 24, 2008 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
I'm due to arrive 3:10, but am thinking of changing this to arrive earlier, moreso to check into my Hotel and be back at the airport by 3pm. ...

OK, I've gone ahead and changed my flights.

I will be coming up on QF404 and QF175 (seated in 28C at the moment), so will now be able to guest another FTer into the SYD Flounge.

I will probably hire a car, if I do, I can drop some QF175ers off at the Breaky Ck. I can also pick up after lunch (I could be convinced to do two trips both ways if you guys subsidise my hire costs ... ) Note a taxi to the BC costs $30+ each way.

Staying at Conrad Treasury.

Sunday I am now heading back to MEL at 12:50 (same flight as itsalongwaydown).

serfty Jan 24, 2008 8:18 pm

see below for updates

DownUnderFlyer Jan 24, 2008 10:29 pm

Excellent news that you are coming with us serfty!

thadocta Jan 25, 2008 12:32 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 9130935)
Excellent news that you are coming with us serfty!

Sort of - we now have six WP's, and seven "others" - so still one short.

Dave

thadocta Jan 25, 2008 12:44 am

Originally Posted by thadocta (Post 9131297)
Sort of - we now have six WP's, and seven "others" - so still one short.

Just spoke to host at SYD T1 FLounge, and whilst he can't officially say that we won't have a problem, he doesn't think we will.

He thinks the best way to get all 13 of us in is to do it all at once. If we can present as a group of 13, being 6 WP's and 7 others, then we should all be able to get in, particularly at that time of the morning.

No promises though.

Perhaps we should all meet in the J lounge, and then go en masse to the FLounge? Just a thought........

Dave

GoldFlyer Jan 25, 2008 12:58 am

Originally Posted by thadocta
Perhaps we should all meet in the J lounge, and then go en masse to the FLounge? Just a thought........

kind of like a progressive dinner only breakfast?

thadocta Jan 25, 2008 1:04 am

Originally Posted by GoldFlyer (Post 9131350)
kind of like a progressive dinner only breakfast?

You have been flashed!!!!!

Dave