FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/721801-6th-annual-ft-agm-bne-qp-saturday-23-feb-2008-a.html)

serfty Dec 14, 2007 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by wandering_fred
... When is the next do in Perth?

Perhaps you can answer that one. ;)

Still remember your "good oil" from 2005. :D

Coathanger Dec 14, 2007 10:25 pm

Please put me down as GOLD (definite to attend).

I've booked on QF 175 SYD-BNE so wouldn't mind being a guest in the First Class Lounge, but given my late sign-up totally understand if I have to "slum it" in the QP.

Looking forward to meeting you all and catching up with the few of you I've had the pleasure to meet.

Aus_Mal Dec 14, 2007 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Coathanger (Post 8898931)
I've booked on QF 175 SYD-BNE so wouldn't mind being a guest in the First Class Lounge, but given my late sign-up totally understand if I have to "slum it" in the QP.

As I read it, we're one WP (or Oneworld Emerald equivalent) short at the moment. Hopefully someone will jump onboard :)

DownUnderFlyer Dec 15, 2007 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal (Post 8899043)
As I read it, we're one WP (or Oneworld Emerald equivalent) short at the moment. Hopefully someone will jump onboard :)

I think we are two short since coathanger is coming. :(

Coathanger Dec 15, 2007 6:59 am

It's already a treat to be flying up for the weekend on a 747. :)

perthite Dec 16, 2007 12:03 am

I am booked on 175, not sure if I will be connecting from PER or MEL yet (most likely MEL).

QF WP Dec 16, 2007 6:07 am

Updated to here.

Now with perthite flying on QF175, it's a pity he just dropped to Gold. Looks like those non Plat's travelling need 2 Plats now to get everybody into the First Lounge.

notzac Dec 17, 2007 12:07 am

Add me to the list .. flights booked. Coming up from MEL the day before on QF618 (yes, before the bar opens :() - looking forward to seeing you all there. :D

I'll have made it over the line to Silver FF by that stage too!

medicus Dec 21, 2007 7:10 pm

Count me in as Silver. (Small chance of problems at work may prevent me from coming)

I'm booked up on QF 175 and return on the 18:15 flight back to Sydney. Happy for a guest. (I'm Plat)

I'll see if I can get a seat in rows 26/27 on the way up... I'll let you know.

Looking forward to my first FT AGM.

Medicus

medicus Dec 21, 2007 7:40 pm

27A it is.

serfty Dec 21, 2007 8:21 pm

Updated Below

DownUnderFlyer Dec 22, 2007 12:29 am

Originally Posted by medicus (Post 8938189)
Happy for a guest. (I'm Plat)

Great! One down, one more to go.

GoldFlyer Dec 22, 2007 2:00 am

GoldFlyer reporting serfty, and I can confirm 18K at this stage. I think perhaps this is a good seat to be closer to our friends in the forward Why section. We all enjoy being forward don't we, but some just aim too low and end up with a bit of spray on our shoes - or worse, tuck it back before the final few drips. We've all been there :).

I've not been on those 2-class machines so leave it to others to throw the dice.

Now, there is going to be a real pissing contest in the loo's ;) - it's just a mere "slip" downstairs from the business class and despite repeated attempts from QF they will not release the class notes on what we are meant to learn or study on this short flight :confused:.

It matters me not as I was just trying to work out why people think the business class will give them an advantage? Is it something to do with altitude training?

Thanks medicus for joining the fray :) and offering assistance to those mobility challenged.

VH-RMD Jan 13, 2008 2:32 am

OK, I can move from Silver to Gold now.

I can also now catch the train to/from the event as we are moving to the Gold Coast from the Sunshine Coast on the 1st Feb (I wonder, will I get allocated seating and in-motion meal and beverage service?).

RickyT Jan 13, 2008 4:04 am

Unfortunately I have to downgrade myself to Bronze. My work's Tax Induction Program is scheduled on that weekend at Ballarat. :o :(

Looks like I am still able to attend OzFest at this stage (fingers-crossed)......