Wiki Posts
Search

Warning with E-Checkin

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2007, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by perthite
On O/N fares, sometimes they have moved me to an earlier flight, sometimes they tell me my fare class won't allow it. I am sure Qantas have some formula for deciding when they will allow it, but who knows
If you request an earlier flight from a check-in agent you will often get this O/N issue; hoever, if Qantas want to free up some space they will move you.

Back in the days before OLCI, I when hit the airport an busy times, the Quick-Check machines would often not allow me to use them, referring me to an agent, even when traveling on red e-deal. On hitting the desk, an earlier flight would be offered.

After a few times, it became apparent to me this was for capacity/oversell reasons and they wanted to move PAX to other flights.

I generally am loath to allow this as I would normally lose my 'elite' seating preallocation; preferring an extra hour or so in the lounge.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold VIP,QP Gold, PC Platinum, pleb everthing else
Me Paranoid

BD

I wouldnt be so paranoid if people didnt talk about me so much.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 4:28 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Wilde about FFs

Originally Posted by John Cogley
BD

I wouldnt be so paranoid if people didnt talk about me so much.
"The only thing worse than people talking about you, is people NOT talking about you."

With apologies to Oscar.

BD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.