A380 layout

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:33 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
4 classes

The SMH is reporting the QF config for the A380 will be 4 cabin classes. I trust this means WHY+ ??

http://www.smh.com.au/news/travel/a3...414449177.html
Old Jun 18, 2007, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
There have been a few articles now casually mentioning the "four" cabins that will be on the A380.

Either the journos are conspiring to mislead everyone, or QF have leaked that there will be 4 cabins which means Y+. It's very successful for BA, so I am not at all surprised if QF follow suit.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 4:10 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ClassicLover
..... or QF have leaked that there will be 4 cabins which means Y+. It's very successful for BA, so I am not at all surprised if QF follow suit.
For the last 5 years or so, all my WHY trips on the kangaroo route have been in BA WT+. Happy to pay the extra for the extra real estate.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 4:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by ClassicLover
There have been a few articles now casually mentioning the "four" cabins that will be on the A380.

Either the journos are conspiring to mislead everyone, or QF have leaked that there will be 4 cabins which means Y+. It's very successful for BA, so I am not at all surprised if QF follow suit.
As referenced above this was specifically mentioned by QF at the investors presentation - not journos conspiring or a leak - it was a definite item in the presentation. No need for specualtion as to whether it's a rumour or not.

It does not necessarily mean y+ though - it could be a separate lounge on board like Etihad
Old Jun 18, 2007, 5:29 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simongr
It does not necessarily mean y+ though - it could be a separate lounge on board like Etihad
Maybe QF mainline on the upperdeck with 3 classes and JetStar on the lower deck with 500 seats at 29" pitch?
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
That's actually not a bad idea
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:41 pm

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
QF's configuration for the A380 will "supposedly" be 14F/71J/32W/350Y.

More information about the new Y+ cabin will be released later in July (as mentioned in the "Latest Qantas Y+/FF/Fleet News" thread).

QF seem to have a love affair with 14 F seats!

Rgds
Old Jun 29, 2007, 1:44 am

Programs: QF Plat, BD*S, Hertz 5
From anecdotal evidence read on FT; BA have found WT+ to be a good revenue earner and are increasing the size cabin. Why only 32?

On the plus side (hopefully) 71J seats may (hopefully) open up award availability to LAX.

Thanks QF NB, you are pretty good at the old info thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.