Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

I get very annoyed at Y passengers using Business class toilets and overhead bins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I get very annoyed at Y passengers using Business class toilets and overhead bins

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:57 am

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Definately agree..... no problem with forward Y pax using front toilet, on domestic 737 services. Just try going from the forward rows all the way to the back, of if the trolleys are out during service!
Old Jun 4, 2007, 4:35 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
WHY pax putting their bags into the J overhead bins isn't a problem (at least) on UA and AA. Those with FIRST or GROUP 1 BPs will be on first and fill the bins. Lesser classes have to slum it with bags around their feet or find any left over space. But then again, AA and UA SLF have no reason to hang around their RCCs or ACs whereas those near a QP have every reason to be last on board!
Old Jun 4, 2007, 11:01 pm

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by Gazza
My word

Global warming
Nuclear proliferation
Instability in the Middle East
Antibiotic resistant superbugs
Rapidly aging populations
Darfur

Passengers in Y using J toilets?
Hello!!

You could reply like that to just about about any post here in FT. I mean, what is FT for? If the OP posted about his concerns re nuclear proliferation, the thread would (rightly) be sent off to OMNI by the Mods. FT is for posting about air travel, and the gripes that people have feature regularly, as they should. Trivial, frivolous, snobbish, elitist - bring it on!

Getting back on topic, on intra-Europe BA flights the Y pax are kept out of Club Europe by the cabin crew, though they are a bit slack in that regard on the GB Airways franchise.

JS
Old Jun 5, 2007, 12:09 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
I really am not fussed with those Y persons using J toilets on domestic flights.
What intrigues me is when someone has to go before the plane has left the gate-even in F aircraft toilets are not that good.
I also think that those who have to go when the plane is well into the final descent are obviously not great when it comes to a little planning ahead.If it is that urgent maybe they would be better off seeing an urologist than catching a plane.
To the OP though watch out if you complain about others bags in the overhead bins if on AA.Flying from Barbados to JFK recently and a woman complained to the FA about it and asked(politely) if the FA could help.The FA replied I will not be spoken to like that and if you dont find a place for your carryon immediately you are not flying to JFK today!
Old Jun 5, 2007, 4:56 am

Programs: QFF Gold, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by IainF
I am not worried about toilets, as long as I get my go... It is just the baggage thing for me.

BUT I am interested to se what the reaction of some posters may be if they had paid $10K + to sit in the nice cabin of an INT flight and had a steady stream of Y pax wandering past all night....
I doubt very much if on international flight you get a "steady stream" of Y pax "wandering past all night". If you did experience this, you are one of very few unlucky ones in biz class. Consider if the pax next to you maybe a airline staff or parent of a staff member who could have paid possibly around 10% of the $10k fare. Do you think that pax should use the toilet at the back of the plane? "Oh, s/he has paid considerably less than me so s/he should not have been using the biz toilets." Lift the wool off your eyes. Think about all the positive things biz pax enjoy on the flight,,,inflight service, meals, alcohol, better seating, etc.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 6:53 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by foreigner
I doubt very much if on international flight you get a "steady stream" of Y pax "wandering past all night". If you did experience this, you are one of very few unlucky ones in biz class. Consider if the pax next to you maybe a airline staff or parent of a staff member who could have paid possibly around 10% of the $10k fare. Do you think that pax should use the toilet at the back of the plane? "Oh, s/he has paid considerably less than me so s/he should not have been using the biz toilets." Lift the wool off your eyes. Think about all the positive things biz pax enjoy on the flight,,,inflight service, meals, alcohol, better seating, etc.
I'm not sure how many international flights that cost $10,000+, go "all night" and are operated by 737's. I suspect not many. More likely to be on a widebody that has better zones and a better toilet-Y class passenger ratio. I don't expect that the problem exists on such flights.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 7:36 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by drron
To the OP though watch out if you complain about others bags in the overhead bins if on AA.Flying from Barbados to JFK recently and a woman complained to the FA about it and asked(politely) if the FA could help.The FA replied I will not be spoken to like that and if you dont find a place for your carryon immediately you are not flying to JFK today!

You were there for the cricket world cup by chance ?
Old Jun 5, 2007, 7:58 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by og
I cant stand it when seated up front having to wait for lower classes to finish in the front toilet.

BUT, if I'm up front in WHY, I'd certainly use the front bog - unless some El Al dragon with the Uzi is blocking the way, or there is a meal cart blocking the way because someone from the "changing room" (sorry GoldFlyer!) is there first.
So, basically, it's OK for you but not for other people?!
Old Jun 5, 2007, 3:08 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Originally Posted by ozzie
You were there for the cricket world cup by chance ?
Just by chance.
Did meet an ex-pollie though who assured me he was only there to investigate global warming.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 3:21 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by nomad1974
I think some light reading about GoldFlyer's previous toilet experience might help with context...

Old Jun 5, 2007, 4:50 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by nomad1974
Exactly. Also, there is an Australian form of humour that relies on irony.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by foreigner
Or if they were on an Award flight and paid nought but taxes.....What has that got to do with the issue?

What I was refering to was the cabin, not the fare, and it was a supposition, why should J short haul, be any different from long haul ?

If you were in J on a longhaul, and had a number of whY pax walking around the cabin, you would be somewhat miffed, especially if you had chosen that cabin specifically to try and get some sleep.

I care not who the pax next to me is.. what I do care about is that if i PAY for a J or F seat, I can reasonably expect J or F service, seating, attention from cabin crew, and probably most importantly, an opportunity to sleep, without interuption from PAX, who are from Y cabin, who have toilets in their cabin... and no real need to use J toilet.

If you are on a flight and had paid for a standard of service, would you not expect that service to be given to you, and not the pax who had paid 80% less ?
Are you willing to share your meal with the Y pax ? maybe send some booze down the back ?
I would suggest not.
As I stated earlier, I don't have any problem with short haul Y to J toilet usage.
What I want you to consider is that not all pax are equal - some have paid more for a better experience.
And that is entirely fair.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 9:42 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by drron
What intrigues me is when someone has to go before the plane has left the gate-even in F aircraft toilets are not that good.
Perhaps their inbound connecting flight was late and they had to rush straight to the waiting aircraft and did not have time to go on the ground?

Or perhaps just too many beers in the lounge before hand .
Old Jun 5, 2007, 9:52 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by NM
Perhaps their inbound connecting flight was late and they had to rush straight to the waiting aircraft and did not have time to go on the ground?

Or perhaps just too many beers in the lounge before hand .
That sounds like the voice of experience! Former is much more common reason for me than the latter.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 10:10 pm

And... this will clearly be another "voice of experience" type thing....

If you are hurrying to make a connection.. and you think to yourself - "Brilliant, I'll save time by waiting till I'm onboard"....

FIRST...... mke SURE the a/c comes "equipped".......

(ADL - BHQ... before the Metroliners were replaced... )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.