Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge invitations for sale on eBay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2006, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Are you sure they are the only types?? Or maybe we are talking about the same animal?

I still have here a couple of the boarding pass sized ones that are undated from my QF elite annual renewal packs from a decade or so back. I assume they are still valid?
Perhaps I should clarify; I received these back in 1995, they were undated. They are folded cardboard approx 15cm high and 7cm wide when closed. They have the old QP blue with faint cloud images (pix taken from from the air) with gold front cover printing. There are no expiry dates on them.

In 1996/97 I received more of these; while of the same basic design, they were printed with Expiry Dates.

My point is that from that era I believe all such invitations had expiry date on them.

I still have over 50 of the old credit card size DARK BLUE QP guest passes WITHOUT expiry dates. These are not QP Invitations.

Last edited by serfty; Feb 18, 2006 at 6:40 am
Old Feb 16, 2006, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by johnep1
Ebay is not going to care about this guy. It'll be your word against the seller's, and since ebay won't ask the seller anything, you lose as long as the auction is not clearly fraudulent in ebay's eyes.
If you mention the word 'FRAUD' to eBay, they quickly take action. I had a friend of mine lose his account purely because someone thought he was auctioning fradulent items.

eBay are very very sensitive to fraud. It's about the only thing that keeps me using the place (Cause god knows most the sellers are right PITA's and the fees are exorbitant!)

Drew
Old Feb 16, 2006, 10:49 pm

I ended up getting a reply:

"These are qantas club complimentery invitations and have no expiry date. We will add a picture to the advert at a later date."

Sounds super dodgy.

Drew
Old Feb 16, 2006, 10:59 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
You'd think QF might want to get onto this one for any number of reasons...
Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:13 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Thumbs down

I've a similar response to drewbles,

"These are complimentery invitations and have no expiry date. They are definately valid and we have used them in the last month. We will add a picture to the advert at a later date."

If there's nothing to hide then why not post the photo's sooner rather than later. It would surely improve the sale prospects.

Not convinced at all!

Last edited by Itsalongwaydown; Feb 16, 2006 at 11:24 pm
Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
If there's nothing to hide then why not post the photo's sooner rather than later. It would surely improve the sale prospects.

Not convinced at all!
Why should he bother sating your curiosity? he is getting people to bid on the items, which is all he wants

People bidding should take care that what they are bidding for is actually what they want

Dave
--
Remember, when a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with money loses some money but gains some experience whilst the man with experience gains some money
Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:27 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Why should he bother sating your curiosity? he is getting people to bid on the items, which is all he wants

People bidding should take care that what they are bidding for is actually what they want

Dave
--
Remember, when a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with money loses some money but gains some experience whilst the man with experience gains some money
He would get rid of the cynics from places like FT and probably enhance his sales! ie If individuals don't believe the items are valid then they won't bid. If they believe in the validity of the item they may bid and the seller will get a better price.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

He would get rid of the cynics from places like FT and probably enhance his sales! ie If individuals don't believe the items are valid then they won't bid. If they believe in the validity of the item they may bid and the seller will get a better price.
or perhaps, it will sate the curiosity of people who likely have no interest in actually purchasing the items.

Obviously people do believe in the validity of the item since they are bidding on them; whether they are wise in their belief is another matter

Dave
Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:32 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Obviously people do believe in the validity of the item since they are bidding on them; whether they are wise in their belief is another matter

Dave
Agreed
Old Feb 17, 2006, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Maybe this guy genuinely believes these vouchers are valid...
The fact that the guy will not post any photos is is dodgy as hell though.

The strange thing about it all is ,that the guy has actually got a good record with eBay with over 50 feedbacks ,all positive, and most of it as a seller, so its not that he registered to eBay and then went and bought loads of 0.01p e-books just to build himself positive feedback record so that he can then sell dodgy goods and seem trustworthy.

Strange...
Old Feb 17, 2006, 3:15 am

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Originally Posted by clubman
Maybe this guy genuinely believes these vouchers are valid...
The fact that the guy will not post any photos is is dodgy as hell though.

The strange thing about it all is ,that the guy has actually got a good record with eBay with over 50 feedbacks ,all positive, and most of it as a seller, so its not that he registered to eBay and then went and bought loads of 0.01p e-books just to build himself positive feedback record so that he can then sell dodgy goods and seem trustworthy.

Strange...
I deal with people on E-Bay day in day out.
Anyone who clocks about 5-10 E-Books purchases are purely crap, best advice is never ever bid on them. I personally have near 350 feedback. So I get to see people pulling all different kinds of tricks.
Other stuff to be careful of are softwares, digital cams and Rolex watches from E-Bay... many many doddgy sellers.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 4:02 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by bravoecho
Given the fact that the seller has 23 available for sale I would say it is the old QP guest passes which are now defunct.
The photos are now included in the ad. They are infact the old QP defunct guest passes which we all know to be no longer valid.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
The photos are now included in the ad. They are infact the old QP defunct guest passes which we all know to be no longer valid.
Are they? I can't see anything on the photo (poor quality, admittedly) that says you must be accompanied by a member.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 6:09 am

The pics that are there resemble the PS invites senza dates. I've got my PS invite at home gathering dust as I'm already a QP member.

I wonder if the date has just been photoshopped out or did such an invite, minus date, actually exist?

Drew
Old Feb 17, 2006, 6:15 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Are they? I can't see anything on the photo (poor quality, admittedly) that says you must be accompanied by a member.
Agreed, they look like Complimentary Invitations, rather than the defunct Guest Passes that posters have referred to. I have plenty of those and they definitely say "Member's Guest Pass" on the front and specify that the guest must be accompanied by the member (or words to that effect). So it looks like the real McCoy. Heaven knows how he/she got so many of 'em!

That's assuming the photos are fair dinkum and unmodified.

Last edited by tuapekastar; Feb 17, 2006 at 6:17 am Reason: Qualification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.