Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

The (QF FF/QP) OW Lounge Info. Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The (QF FF/QP) OW Lounge Info. Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2010, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
No more BA lounge at CPH

BA have closed their lounge in Copenhagen (couple of months ago it seems).

They are using the Novia (generic/multi-airline) lounge now instead - http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/MAIN/Facili...via+Lounge.htm

I was flying in J so did not occur to me to check whether as a WP I would have got access if I was in Y, and even if I did whether I would be able to take in a guest with me (and can't find any ref. to it on the BA Forum). I'm guessing probably not on both counts
Old May 20, 2010, 8:20 am
Original Poster

AA completes Heathrow lounges refurb

AA completes Heathrow lounges refurb

PR bit plus some photos on BT - http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...-lounge-refurb

I'll be checking in out very soon so will report back then!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:57 pm

Programs: QF (WP), NZ (KC), IHG Ambassador
QF MNL (Manila) Terminal 1

Lounge name and type : Qantas Business

Access rules: Standard FF rules

Facilities:This is an extremely small lounge and is always packed. There are no views from the lounge. QF currently uses a 767, so looking at possibly 25 J + FF pax. trying to use this lounge. It certainly pays to get there early to ensure you can get a seat. There is one Unisex toilet, 2 PCs with internet access (staff give you a code to use). One TV, normally showing CNN, and a range of magazines and newspapers.

Bar: Small bar, which normally has a small range of Australian wines.

Food: A couple of trays of sandwiches and hot snacks.

Other infoThe normal gate used by QF is a couple of minutes walk away, and although you are airside there is a final inspection of carry on luggage when you get to the actual gate
Old Oct 6, 2010, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

CX HKG lounges: Renovations of The Wing; Cathay’s new lounge, The Cabin

"And as we continually strive to provide the finest service and space for our members, we’ll be starting renovations of The Wing at Hong Kong International Airport in the fourth quarter of 2010.

The opening and closure of the lower level Business Class lounge and the balcony level will alternate by phase, with First Class following once Business Class has fully re-opened".

----------------------

Cathay Pacific unveils innovative features in new passenger lounge at Hong Kong International Airport - http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...0007d21c39____

----------------------

FIRST LOOK: Cathay’s new lounge at HKIA- The Cabin

http://asia.businesstraveller.com/as...hkia-the-cabin

Cathay Pacific will open the doors of a new lounge – The Cabin - at Hong Kong International Airport Terminal 1 on October 11, 2010. The lounge is a premium lounge for both First and Business Class passengers, Silver and above Marco Polo Club members, and Sapphire and above oneworld members.

The Cabin, located by Gate 23, is on a lower level accessible by stairs and a lift both of which lead immediately to the reception. The design throughout the entire 1300sqm lounge follows Cathay Pacific’s signature style with a combination of marble, wood and granite as well as floor to ceiling windows along the length of the lounge capturing maximum amounts of natural light and views of the runway.

The reception splits off in two directions with The IT Zone on the right hand side and The Deli, The Health Bar and The Relaxing Zone on the left. Unlimited WiFi internet is accessible through the lounge without the need for a password.

The IT Zone consists of two sections: the main area and an IT room.

The main area is equipped with 21 iPads and 6 iMacs, as well as plenty of power outlets for those working with laptops. Furthermore, there are 21 of Cathay’s new ‘Solus chairs’: a futuristic bubble-like chair, which provides each person with a private space consisting of a small built-in table, coat hanger and power outlet. In total there are 41 of these chairs around the entire lounge in the other zones. The entire back wall is made of glass with LED lighting that pulsates every half an hour to help passengers keep track of the time.

The IT room has 11 private workstations, each equipped with an iMac, a printer and a telephone. There is also a meeting room with videoconferencing facilities.

At the other end of the lounge, to the left of the reception, guests will first come across The Deli – a self-serving buffet bar and a delicatessen catered by The Peninsula serving antipasti, salads and sandwiches.

Further down, past The Deli, is the Health Bar serving freshly blended fruit and vegetable smoothies and juices.

Finally, the Relaxing Zone is located at the far end of The Cabin: a dimly-lit area with more Solus chairs and, for those with families, sofa areas with coffee tables.

Alex McGowan, Cathay Pacific’s Head of Products, said that that the new lounge is
at Gate 23 because it is close to the airline’s preferred departure gates and has been created since “…forward projections of the number of passengers indicated that we needed the new space because of a growing member base [in the Marco Polo Club].” It joins Cathay’s three existing lounges at the airport: The Wing, The Pier, G16 and The Arrival for passengers.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:58 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Does anyone have suggestions for a several-hour connection at NRT? I'm a OW Emerald flying Business NRT-PER... best to use the JAL First lounge? The QANTAS Lounge? Ideas welcomed! Thanks.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
Does anyone have suggestions for a several-hour connection at NRT? I'm a OW Emerald flying Business NRT-PER... best to use the JAL First lounge? The QANTAS Lounge? Ideas welcomed! Thanks.
JAL First lounge without a doubt. ^^ Head upstairs.

Proceed to the Qantas J lounge using the "Train" around an hour before your flight's scheduled departure to await boarding.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by serfty
JAL First lounge without a doubt. ^^ Head upstairs.

Proceed to the Qantas J lounge using the "Train" around an hour before your flight's scheduled departure to await boarding.
+1 absolutely.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: VS Gold, QPPS, CX, DJ, SG, AA, NH
+2 for JAL. Same question was asked on AFF just this week by someone, and consensus was JAL lounge was much better for a number of reasons, including food service.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Has anyone used the QF lounge in DFW? Are the access rules the usual OW rules or (as it is operated by a third party) is it only for QF customers?

PS: OW rules statement about 3rd party operated lounges is:
A non-affiliated third party may operate some lounges on behalf of the individual airline. Access to some lounges operated by third-parties on behalf of oneworld member airlines may be restricted at some times.
vaguely implying that the regular OW rules apply at most times.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This lounge is in a lounge 'complex' operated by a 3rd party.

An EXP flying QF would probably get access, not so likely would an EXP flying AA metal.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by serfty
This lounge is in a lounge 'complex' operated by a 3rd party.

An EXP flying QF would probably get access, not so likely would an EXP flying AA metal.
Well I am looking for first hand account.... Though sometimes they are useless. For example, in the same complex, there's BA and there are many reports of people being turned back if they do not fly BA. Yet I have ALWAYS made it by insisting that I knew the rule to the "fore lounge dragon". That is, for those who do not know the DFW situation, the dragon at the main entry of the complex.
No later than today, the dragon told me that BA won't let people in, but once I pass that dragon, I show my credential to the BA people and never have I been refused. If you have Emerald with just AA, you may be correctly refused if you do not find to an AA defined international destination, but otherwise, there is no problem.

In short, anyone not flying QF has tried and succeeded or failed in getting in?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
In short, anyone not flying QF has tried and succeeded or failed in getting in?
Maybe better to ask on the AA forum.

Other than that, I have preferred to use the A/C in D rather than this lounge - showers are better and so is the ambiance.

Of course, the A/C has no food to speak of whereas this lounge does.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Very much a "first world problem", but bear with me.

I qualified as Qantas Gold back in August, but Qantas still haven't sent me my Gold card, despite repeated phonecalls and promises that i'll have it in two weeks.

This hasn't been an issue up until now as all of my OneWorld travel has been on Qantas since then.

Tonight i'm flying with Cathay Pacific (booked through Air NZ) on an intra-Asian flight. I'm flying out of Hong Kong and really want to be able to use the Cathay lounges, first of all because they're great, and second because I don't know what part of the airport i'm going to be getting into and getting out from.

When I last spoke to Qantas they said if my card didn't arrive in time I could use the Qantas lounge in Hong Kong. For the two reasons above, i'd rather use a Cathay lounge (hence the first world problem).

So my question is: can I access the Cathay lounges without the QF Gold card? If so, what do I need to do?

As an aside, I did call Cathay after making the booking to select my seat (NZ website doesn't let you seat select CX flights). When I spoke to them I asked them to remove my NZ*G number (useless in this instance) and enter my QF number. I'm not sure she really understood, so i'll wait and see whether it ends up on my boarding pass or not.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If Qantas.com shows you as Gold when logged on, the Cathay staff should be able to verify that as well with their own systems. Whether they wish to do so or not is the main issue.

Also, if logged on to Qantas.com, the booking should show up if your QFF number is correctly inserted.

In any case I would suggest you try to get a lounge invitation when you check in.

If your booking does not show, do you have your Qantas Booking (Amadeus) PNR?

You may be able to use this at either ba.com/mmb or My Booking - Finnair to update your FF number.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Thanks. Doesn't show up on my Qantas account, but when I checked on the Finnair website it had my QF details tagged to the booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.