Community
Wiki Posts
Search

first class vs business

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2005, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
Originally Posted by og
And my first experience with computer programming was a pocket sized HP25 then using punch cards for FORTRAN - and the amount of paper spat out to show why the program didn't work - .
RPN - Reverse Polish Notation. FORTRAN IV WATFIV. Holerith cards. Help me wake up. HELP ME!!!!!
Old Oct 17, 2005, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: onepass
Wink You Guys Are Very Amusing

You Guys Are Very Amusing. I like the humor. i am trying to put together your relevant infomation. my wife wants to see Aus and NZ so i'll have to take the time. not being able to mix segments might make the decision for me (cetainly complicates things). i will search the CO forum for Quantas and see what it gives me. may even call onepass and ask a few questions even though that usually irritates them when one is not actually ready to book a reservation. now business has skybeds and first has reclining seats in a bigger cabin, hmmm

Go on with the banter if you like, i'll keep reading it.

i never used basic, did use assembler language, fortran, cobol, up to visual before retiring. started out when still pluging wires in the back of the boards and using punch cards. the career killed my tendons from hands to shoulders. don't really miss it at all.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
Originally Posted by kenbarber
You Guys Are Very Amusing. I like the humor. i am trying to put together your relevant infomation. my wife wants to see Aus and NZ so i'll have to take the time. not being able to mix segments might make the decision for me (cetainly complicates things). i will search the CO forum for Quantas and see what it gives me. may even call onepass and ask a few questions even though that usually irritates them when one is not actually ready to book a reservation. now business has skybeds and first has reclining seats in a bigger cabin, hmmm

Go on with the banter if you like, i'll keep reading it.

i never used basic, did use assembler language, fortran, cobol, up to visual before retiring. started out when still pluging wires in the back of the boards and using punch cards. the career killed my tendons from hands to shoulders. don't really miss it at all.
In terms of a QF award using CO miles (which I'm doing Feb-Mar 06 in F), your award must be all trans-Pacific F or all trans-Pacific J. You can't F to OZ and J from AKL. With either award, you will fly QF domestic J. You can do an F award to OZ and return from NZ as long as you exit NZ from a non-gateway city. Since AKL is the only gateway city back to the US, you will need to exit NZ from CHC or WLG or ZQN, flying back to OZ, connecting to an F flight from SYD or MEL. Not sure if BNE-LAX is 2-class or 3-class. Or you can do a J award and enter or exit from any of the gateway cities. Keep in mind that AKL is a difficult J seat. Keep in mind, also, that you are allowed one free stopover and one open jaw on either end of the trip. Your CO itinerary can, for example, be LAX-SYD, SYD-AKL (your free stopover), AKL-CHC out of your own pocket (your open jaw), then CHC-SYD/MEL-LAX for your return. Be nice to the folks at CO's QF desk and be flexible. Instead of OZ-NZ, maybe you have to do NZ-OZ. Be flexible. Good luck.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 9:10 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by JerseySlime
Not sure if BNE-LAX is 2-class or 3-class.
QF175/176 and the current QF25/25 are 2-class services.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
In Joke.... ;)

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Hmm... well COBOL, iirc, stands for Collection of Bugs and Obsolete Liabilities...
Code:
       ENTER SYMBOLIC
Old Oct 19, 2005, 4:05 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold)
Originally Posted by serfty
Code:
       ENTER SYMBOLIC
Jeez, Serfty, if you remember that, you must be as venerable as I am! (Or nearly so..)
Old Oct 19, 2005, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What can I say... Lets get that DME system running and activate a loaded image....

GO 20

Dave

Last edited by Dave Noble; Oct 19, 2005 at 5:41 pm
Old Oct 19, 2005, 5:34 pm

I'd suggest we "RUN" but if we don't "GOTO" the correct location we might get into an eternal loop that is hard to escape...
Hmmm.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
I'd suggest we "RUN" but if we don't "GOTO" the correct location we might get into an eternal loop that is hard to escape...
Hmmm.
Well, if that doesn't work, can always try a shift to the left then rotate right and then jump

Dave
Old Oct 19, 2005, 6:31 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Well, if that doesn't work, can always try a shift to the left then rotate right and then jump

Dave
Sounds like a Wiggle song
Old Oct 19, 2005, 6:44 pm

Dave
Now what book did that come from................memory fades.........!

Bill
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:44 pm

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Originally Posted by NM
Sounds like a Wiggle song
Murder me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.