Search

How to check QF class availability?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: , QF Plat (SWSWP), KrisFlyer Silver, SPG Plat
How to check QF class availability?

Hi all,

I used to use the AMEX ITN tool to check loads on QF (it would should seats available in buckets) to choose which flights to book. This tool seems to have stopped working since mid December. Does anyone know of another tool I can use? Just looking to maximise my chance of upgrade here ;-)

Thanks,

YS
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:41 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Try this for QF flights:

http://www.flyaow.com/classcathay.htm
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:25 am

It works ok for OZ flights og but when you try for international it only shows CX.

but I suppose you already know that.

is there any classavailability that does show qf international?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:43 am

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
It works ok for OZ flights og but when you try for international it only shows CX.

but I suppose you already know that.

http://www.flyaow.com/classcwt.htm
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://flyaow.com/classcwt.htm
Old Jan 5, 2005, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I use smile67's tool that discussed in this thread (amongst others).
Old Jan 5, 2005, 3:35 pm

Is there anything other than Qantas FF website that shows U and Z?

just as the old amex site did?

it was my bible!
Old Jan 5, 2005, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The one og indicated, the Cathay Pacific does show the Z & U classes.

However, it is a bit Hit and Miss! If there is a CX flight on a route, that seems to be all you will get. i.e. No QF

I guess we all miss the old AMEX tool.

There is more information in the Disaster! ITN doesn't work any more! thread.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 8:48 pm

Programs: QF SG
I am having a bit of a brain-lapse moment (some may say a common and regular attribute).

My brother is stuck in NZ (sorry KiwiFlyer, he's just not a fan of the place - says its too cold and wet) and wants to come back to Sydney for a few days before heading back to the UK (yes, I know, THAT is a place that is generally always too cold and wet). He was orginally due to fly AKL-SYD next Friday on Air NZ using an award ticket he purchased using BMI points. However, BMI/NZ have told him that as he has flown the outbound leg already, he cant change the return, even by paying to upgrade the ticket.

Therefore I thought I would take a look at using my QF miles to get him back from either WLG or AKL. The day he wants to travel back (12th) has no availability from either city on either QF or Lan Chile. However, using the CWT tool I can see that there is plenty of WHY etc availabilty on all the flights.

Therefore my dumb question is (and yes, it did take a long time for me to get to it), can I waitlist for an award ticket in the unlikely event that Yield Management release some more inventory or is it just a matter of using the QF website each morning to check award availability. If only I was WP, I could ask those nice guys in Yield Management to release a seat for me
Old Jan 5, 2005, 9:26 pm

No you cannot waitlist for an award ticket but as gold there should be extra seats not in the notmal bucket.
I know that in oz they are T class/ I dont know about inter. but I was checking for someone tickets internationally today and there was no availability then i looked out of a chairmans account and there were heaps of Y and F.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 9:30 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by martynriddle
Therefore I thought I would take a look at using my QF miles to get him back from either WLG or AKL. The day he wants to travel back (12th) has no availability from either city on either QF or Lan Chile. However, using the CWT tool I can see that there is plenty of WHY etc availabilty on all the flights.
If we're talking January 12, which I think we are, the booking engine comes up with AKL-BNE-SYD on QF26 and QF521. Would that do the job?

Steve
Old Jan 5, 2005, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by StevePER
If we're talking January 12, which I think we are, the booking engine comes up with AKL-BNE-SYD on QF26 and QF521. Would that do the job?

Steve
Unfortunately that doesnt work as he will still be in WLG in the morning and therefore would need to fly from there or on QF44 from AKL in the evening.

Thanks for looking anyway.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by martynriddle
... can I waitlist for an award ticket in the unlikely event that Yield Management release some more inventory or is it just a matter of using the QF website each morning to check award availability. If only I was WP, I could ask those nice guys in Yield Management to release a seat for me
As an SG, there is nothing to stop you asking anyway. Other than that, checking on the hour, every hour may be the way to go...

or, if he's really desparate, how about one of the one-way red e-deals offered on the Qantas NZ web site. He can travel ex AKL on 12th for nz$331, and 13th theres a couple at nz$251. Cheapest fare Ex WLG on 12th is 6am at nz$381, 6am on 13th is nz$291. These prices include all taxes/levies etc.

Of course, this all depends on how much he wishes to spend to save a day or two.

Last edited by serfty; Jan 5, 2005 at 9:53 pm Reason: 12th....
Old Jan 5, 2005, 9:39 pm

But at 30k for a one way why not just buy a one way from WLG there are heaps early at like $NZ300.

also a $221 on thurs.

Last edited by tinkybelle; Jan 5, 2005 at 9:43 pm
Old Jan 5, 2005, 9:55 pm

But at 30k for a one way why not just buy a one way from WLG there are heaps early at like $NZ300.

also a $221 on thurs.

Originally Posted by serfty
how about one of the one-way red e-deals offered on the Qantas NZ web site. He can travel ex AKL on 12th for nz$331, and 13th theres a couple at nz$251. Cheapest fare Ex WLG on 12th is 6am at nz$381, 6am on 13th is nz$291. These prices include all taxes/lrvirs etc.
Good thinking tinkybelle and serfty - dont know why I had the obsession of using points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.