Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas T3 lounge denied access [@LHR]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas T3 lounge denied access [@LHR]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2023, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
IMHO, they were doing you a favour.

In my experience CX F and even AA F lounges are far better than the bourgeoisie QF with its limited offering (unless you know the secret handshake of CL/P1).
100% That's exactly what we thought. Cathay had no issues admitting us in, their First Lounge are so much better than Qantas, and welcoming 🙂
serfty likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 2:42 am

This is a strange thread. Lol. I agree with everyone else; QF pax are the ones paying the bills on the lounge and should have access to it ahead of oneworld status pax travelling on a different airline - especially in this case where it seems they expected it to be at or near capacity. I've run into this a few times with different airlines around the world, it wouldn't be unique... it's literally their lounge, they can do with it what they may and I'll respect that and move on.

And as it turns out in this case, you found a better lounge elsewhere so no harm done
Old Sep 23, 2023, 3:29 am
THR

Originally Posted by Yongie
100% That's exactly what we thought. Cathay had no issues admitting us in, their First Lounge are so much better than Qantas, and welcoming 🙂
Probably because they don’t have capacity issues.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by turnips
This is a strange thread. Lol. I agree with everyone else; QF pax are the ones paying the bills on the lounge and should have access to it ahead of oneworld status pax travelling on a different airline - especially in this case where it seems they expected it to be at or near capacity. I've run into this a few times with different airlines around the world, it wouldn't be unique... it's literally their lounge, they can do with it what they may and I'll respect that and move on.

And as it turns out in this case, you found a better lounge elsewhere so no harm done
BA pays for the OW lounge use if ticket holder's executive status allow them to access. In fact it is more revenue for Qantas?
fakecd likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by THR
Probably because they don’t have capacity issues.
Might be the case.
Last time I tried to visit Qantas lounge during a quiet time, the lady at the door told me to come back when they have the next Qantas flight customers in, so that I can use the full facility ( including restaurant).
Old Sep 23, 2023, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by turnips
This is a strange thread
Strange indeed 😁 quite happy for everyone to chip in their options though 👍👍
Old Sep 23, 2023, 7:59 am

You access to 10, yes TEN lounges as BA Gold in T3 LHR. Have a look on you tube, it's full of reviews
DiamondMile and Yongie like this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 5:21 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
BA pays for the OW lounge use if ticket holder's executive status allow them to access. In fact it is more revenue for Qantas?
very true. but equally the problem is if QF turn their own status pax to other lounges, QF foots the bill. i guess payIng to BA/CX access, is worse than lost income from BA pax visiting.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 7:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fakecd
very true. but equally the problem is if QF turn their own status pax to other lounges, QF foots the bill. i guess payIng to BA/CX access, is worse than lost income from BA pax visiting.
That plus having to refuse entry to its own passengers is probably something that it doesn't want to do , just based on keeping its own customers happy

Telling a BA member on a BA flight that the lounge is unavailable due to capacity issues, is better than having a Qantas customer turning up and being sent away, regardless of the small financial cost
Old Sep 23, 2023, 8:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Agree that QF should call capacity, and prioritise their own. Also given that there are in that mix Qantas club, and pax with various QF lounge vouchers, it is not like those people had anywhere else they could use. As a BA G they did you a favour, I would rate the CX F, CX J and BA F as significantly better lounges than QF, unless you are of the how much can I eat in a limited time QF service differential. The rate at which people stuff themselves in QF lounges is staggering.
nivsy and Yongie like this.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The default oneworld arrangement between its member airlines is that the marketing carrier pays for any lounge access.

Note that this can be overridden if two individual oneworld carriers have their own separate agreement.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Agree that QF should call capacity, and prioritise their own. Also given that there are in that mix Qantas club, and pax with various QF lounge vouchers, it is not like those people had anywhere else they could use. As a BA G they did you a favour, I would rate the CX F, CX J and BA F as significantly better lounges than QF, unless you are of the how much can I eat in a limited time QF service differential. The rate at which people stuff themselves in QF lounges is staggering.
Thanks for the insight!
Old Sep 24, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
IMHO, they were doing you a favour.

In my experience CX F and even AA F lounges are far better than the bourgeoisie QF with its limited offering (unless you know the secret handshake of CL/P1).
I actually think the BA T3 lounge is far better than the QF lounge. I have no idea why people like the LHR QF lounge and as for it being full with QF business class and card holders for what one flight maybe 2? I doubt it. It's actually quite a big lounge in space over two levels. Always empty when I go into it..only t.leave a few minutes later still.wondering why people like it! I suspect probably it was all for a different reason. No sad loss ..go elsewhere.
Koru Flyer and Yongie like this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
It would be fair if we were told they have preferences so we are not allowed in. It seemed not fair they use capacity as excuse while they still allow others in after us
In this case they didn’t mean the lounge was full at the moment in time you turned up. They were estimating, based on numbers of status lax and Qantas Club members - which is indicated in the booking - that they would be at capacity if all those passengers turned up.

So it’s possible to cite capacity issues, but still let others in (that is, those they were expecting).

But as others have said… plenty of other lounges.
AirborneLocksmith likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
In this case they didn’t mean the lounge was full at the moment in time you turned up. They were estimating, based on numbers of status lax and Qantas Club members - which is indicated in the booking - that they would be at capacity if all those passengers turned up.

So it’s possible to cite capacity issues, but still let others in (that is, those they were expecting).

But as others have said… plenty of other lounges.
Nah don't buy it...they don't even do that in Australia and as for pre empting who will come into the lounge at LHR would indicate they actually use such stats.unless maybe they do but it's a new one on most of us!! Why would elites from QF not choose another lounge instead of their own for example the CX, BA or AA? Just another QF mess which they are pretty good at doing with regularity, at home and abroad!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.