Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas - status and seating

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2024 | 10:29 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by SYD_cida
I would expect to see from Row 25 back as OWE. The first couple of rows are blocked until T-80 (except for QF CL and P1 who can select at time of booking).

Whats showing looks more like OWS / QF Gold.
Thanks, will give them a ring to see if they can fix it.
Old May 3, 2024 | 2:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
40 Countries Visited3M20 Years on Site

In manage booking , does your status show in there as Emerald? If not, then that would be the issue. If it is showing as Emerald, then I would suspect that the seat map is correct for you
Old May 5, 2024 | 6:58 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
In manage booking , does your status show in there as Emerald? If not, then that would be the issue. If it is showing as Emerald, then I would suspect that the seat map is correct for you
It doesnt list anything just has my Alaska FFN on there, but when I check on Qatar or RJ site it shows 2 FFNs. I guess it somehow keeps wanting to put on an extra Qantas one on the backend.
Old May 5, 2024 | 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
It doesnt list anything just has my Alaska FFN on there, but when I check on Qatar or RJ site it shows 2 FFNs. I guess it somehow keeps wanting to put on an extra Qantas one on the backend.
In manage booking, if at the bottom section where it says

Seats
Select your seats or see where you are sitting for each of your flights.

If under your name it doesn't say 'Emerald' then status isn't properly reflected

With 2 FF numbers showing - assuming that this isn't a redemption booking, then phone QF and ask for all frequent flyer numbers to be removed. Then go to QF's manage booking and you should be able to add your AS one. you should then have your status reflected - not sure if you need to exit and re-enter the booking
olouie likes this.
Old May 5, 2024 | 1:42 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
In manage booking, if at the bottom section where it says

Seats
Select your seats or see where you are sitting for each of your flights.

If under your name it doesn't say 'Emerald' then status isn't properly reflected

With 2 FF numbers showing - assuming that this isn't a redemption booking, then phone QF and ask for all frequent flyer numbers to be removed. Then go to QF's manage booking and you should be able to add your AS one. you should then have your status reflected - not sure if you need to exit and re-enter the booking
Thanks, super useful. Nothing under my name so will have them fix when I ring them up. Hold times have been crazy lately so hopefully that improves and I can reach someone with long waits.
Old May 5, 2024 | 1:46 pm

Thanks, super useful. Nothing under my name so will have them fix when I ring them up. Hold times have been crazy lately so hopefully that improves and I can reach someone with long waits.
Don't ask the agent to fix anything - just get the agent to remove any FF numbers
Then you can check on the sites and make sure that they are gone before adding it in yourself
olouie likes this.
Old May 5, 2024 | 4:59 pm
20 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Second that - ask them to remove ALL FF numbers throughout the booking. Just say your employer does not allow collection of FF points, if asked or feel the need to say something to encourage them. Then go to QF to fix. We hear this often here when people login with a QF number (to save time?) or TA has it in the profile. Be very wary of QF with multiple FF numbers, i.e. just don't do it!

QF is annoyingly sticky and random with when multiple FF numbers are in the booking. Even the BP cannot be trusted or assured.
Old May 5, 2024 | 8:16 pm
15 Years on Site

Thanks all, had agent remove all FFN and reentered number and now I see Emerald on the seating chart, but seat block remains so I guess this is just what is open for partner elites until close to flight. Not a huge deal but interesting to see so much blocked off.
Old May 5, 2024 | 10:07 pm

Thanks all, had agent remove all FFN and reentered number and now I see Emerald on the seating chart, but seat block remains so I guess this is just what is open for partner elites until close to flight. Not a huge deal but interesting to see so much blocked off.
If it shows you as Emerald, then what you are seeing is what you should be seeing - I would just be going for the exit row anyway and your status doesn't impact that
Koru Flyer and olouie like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.