Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Classic upgrade using points - how to do it?

Old May 6, 2024, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Can anyone help me negotiate Qantas' IT system so I can apply for a classic upgrade using points from PE to J SYD SIN LHR. Not to be successful - I know that's a lottery - just to do it in the first place.

Normal booking online on QF app, in PE, QF FF entered in booking.

On the app: Go to upgrade SYD to LHR, says QF FF not entered. However it accepts return SIN SYD for upgrade, and I can see that is pending (until the day before the flight of course)?
On the web: says SYD to LHR not available for upgrade as plusgrafe bid entered. But I have not submitted a plusgrade bid?
Call centre: Fiji take a long time to understand what I want and finally say ok will submit for upgrade... only to get a message the next day that UG Unsuccessful. It shouldn't come back for weeks, so that is just odd.

Remember this is two months before the flight, and I should only be getting an unsuccessful message at 24 hours.
Now I can't submit any upgrade request at all.
Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.