Wiki Posts
Search

Business class .having a laugh!

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Business class .having a laugh!

Enquired politely with Cc tonight on A330 from SYD to PER why no pillows nor.blankets. COVID used as excuse and then scurried off to front of aircraft. Not good enough so asked CSD to join me for a chat. Yes they are embarrassed. No excuse offered. Report made. Shocking really. Service was indifferent at best. Do they actually want to retain Frequent flyers? It costs a packet to fly from SYD to PER offer the goods, nothing wrong with the aircraft at all (it's fine) but if they offer fly a flat bed and sleeping opportunity for goodness sake give me a pillow. CSD he was also saddened but frankly it's not good enough

Last edited by nivsy; May 29, 2022 at 8:38 am
Old May 29, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: Air NZ (*GE), ALL Accor (Diamond)
I’m glad you survived such a traumatic experience
DiamondMile, Deckter and hhdl like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you find everything so bad with Qantas, why do you keep using it?
Old May 29, 2022, 4:18 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
QF advertise provision of a pillow on International Business. They do not advertise a pillow in Domestic Business. Likewise bedding is mentioned for Int Biz (lie flat seats) but not domestic. Probably the OP’s wish for a blanket and pillow will only happen when WA manages a formal separation from the Eastern States.
Old May 29, 2022, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Really. If there was viable competition believe me QF would.be dumped.. However I spoke to the CSD last night and he informed me that many people are complaining . (You know I certainly remember it was not that long ago that QF provided pillows and blankets on this sector .

Big deal if they supply on international. I can probably fly to Singapore cheaper in Biz than what I can to Sydney so o think also that arguement is really red herring. And yes I do fly Singapore Airlines to Singapore. would not touch QF!!
He also informed me that CC are embarrassed.

​​​​​
Cedar Jet likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airbourne_kiwi
I’m glad you survived such a traumatic experience
Nothing traumatic about it. Just rubbish service. Guess you like rubbish service no worries.
Old May 29, 2022, 7:00 pm

Programs: Air NZ (*GE), ALL Accor (Diamond)
Originally Posted by nivsy
Nothing traumatic about it. Just rubbish service. Guess you like rubbish service no worries.
ok xx
Old May 29, 2022, 7:18 pm

Given that the offering you wanted is not advertised as offered, the issue seems to me , more your expectations being unreasonable than the Qantas service being rubbish

Qantas isn't the only domestic carrier
Old May 29, 2022, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Given that the offering you wanted is not advertised as offered, the issue seems to me , more your expectations being unreasonable than the Qantas service being rubbish

Qantas isn't the only domestic carrier
Factual as always David. Actually I really did not think it has got to the stage that "expectation" of a blanket or pillow in Biz now involves having to read carefully all conditions of carriage for each individual flight. As the CSD said "it's embarrassing". ☹️
susanc, Cedar Jet and Speedbird84 like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 7:36 pm

Factual as always David. Actually I really did not think it has got to the stage that "expectation" of a blanket or pillow in Biz now involves having to read carefully all conditions of carriage for each individual flight. As the CSD said "it's embarrassing". ☹️
Of course it does. If you want a particular service , it is up to you to make sure that that service is offered before purchasing

It is risible to suggest that service is rubbish or that it is an embarrassment if something that is never claimed to be provided is not provided
hhdl likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Of course it does. If you want a particular service , it is up to you to make sure that that service is offered before purchasing

It is risible to suggest that service is rubbish or that it is an embarrassment if something that is never claimed to be provided is not provided
Hope they list by name then all the wines onboard...
Old May 29, 2022, 8:40 pm

Hope they list by name then all the wines onboard...
why? does it claim to offer specific wines? the description for domestic business class indicates that there are wines, so reasonable to expect that there are at least 2
Old May 29, 2022, 9:42 pm

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
QF doesn’t advertise PER to the east as a premium service, unlike AC and the US carriers where there are designated service levels to specific routes that are operated by certain aircraft types.

Pre covid SYD/MEL/BNE-PER were catered to the same level as AU-NZ/DPS. Despite not formally acknowledged, it’s well understood among frequent flyers and crew that the expectations were different. Other domestic flights of similar length such as PER-CBR and SYD-DRW was never special catered like these true transcon flights. For QF domestic, catering standards (catering meaning general provision of soft product, f&b being only one aspect of it) are the same otherwise regardless of flight length. There’s no published benefit to PER-east flights although in practice there were.

Now this has gone away. QF probably was looking to see if they can get away with it and pre covid just didn’t have the gut to try it. Now VA’s 330s are gone they might have thought it’s the time to test the water. Time will tell how it will turn out
Old May 29, 2022, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

I know it's probably not really apt to compare..but actually all we are talking about is a pillow and a blanket. As example, and they are far from perfect so don't get me wrong but on an Airbus 319 of BA between London and Scotland and London and Prague on asking, "let's see what we have" and then pillows become available. It's that "wee touch" which QF don't know how to.provide, not the "no don't have any " and then the obvious scurry to hide behind the curtain"...(hence why I asked to see CSD).

Last edited by nivsy; May 29, 2022 at 11:24 pm
Old May 30, 2022, 12:08 am

Programs: QF WP
Really. If there was viable competition believe me QF would.be dumped..

​​​​​
herein lies the problem. FWIW pre COVID when I was commuting there were always blankets on redeyes BNE/MEL/SYD-DRW, but not on A330 services SYD-CNS (I was gove based so could go either way). I did find it a little odd having a lie flat and no pillow
Cedar Jet likes this.

Last edited by nancypants; May 30, 2022 at 1:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.