Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Booking Cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by Guvner067
I'd be confident that if you didn't accept the involuntary change then you'd not be penalised. Maybe call them (7am AEST seems to be the best time to avoid lengthy queues) just to double check?
Yes thanks. The other half is currently one hour in waiting for pick up from QF, we expect another hour at least. It's frustrating because after your response I looked at the cancellation through the phone (manage my booking) and I don't see the 6000 point message on cancellation yet through the laptop we do!! Very odd...but that is.life dealing with Qantas. We decided we need to talk to them anyhow about another booking where 4 of us were booked on a trip all under wife's credit card. That still seems to be showing only as a voucher which all 4 of us as named pax need to travel..not so easy when the other two are no longer in the state! Ho hum..anyway the wife is the Qantas card holder I'll just stick to BA emerald (Gold) and she can deal with good old beloved QF! Thanks for your help though it is appreciated.
Guvner067 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 4:24 pm
Original Member

Hello all
Does anyone have any recent experience on how long it takes for QF points to be redeposited after cancelling a classic award booking on QF metal. It is an international one way ticket originating in Australia. From past experience, I know awards originating outside Australia can take ages.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:49 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Takes a long time, best to call. They can do it on the phone pretty quickly.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I figured I would jump on this thread as it dealt with a Qantas partner award (on EK) which I needed to cancel.

I called in to the US number and spoke to an agent who said that I could cancel at midnight before the flight - is that actually the case with all award bookings? Not until departure of the flight??

I called because I was not sure how the website would work, but as I'm going to try to use my miles once again, I just wanted to know the full rules of cancellation - as well as the deadline, as the agent also said that after the deadline, the ticket would be forfeited...

Edited to Add:

I just also went into my account and saw no evidence of a booking, nor the refund of miles (well, that would take time, I gather), so I'm wondering why Qantas doesn't send a cancellation confirmation e-mail once they have cancelled a booking? (With an agent in my case...)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Apr 27, 2023 at 10:41 am
Old Apr 27, 2023, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Clause 14.9.2 of T&Cs at https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...flight-rewards covers this

Originally Posted by T&Cs
14.9.2 Classic Flight Reward tickets issued for travel on Qantas, oneworld Member Airlines or Airline Partners (including Jetstar Airlines) may be submitted for refund and re-credit prior to commencement of travel. Where applicable, only Qantas Points that would not have expired will be re-credited. A Cancellation Refund Fee (see the Fee Schedule) will apply.
It doesn't mention that it has to be the day before travel
Old Apr 27, 2023, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Clause 14.9.2 of T&Cs at https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...flight-rewards covers this

It doesn't mention that it has to be the day before travel
Agree. The agent is probably getting confused with other clauses which limit certain changes that can be made to a FF booking within 24 hours of departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.