Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Lounges [Master Thread 2018-]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Lounges [Master Thread 2018-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
So I guess this is correct what they told me?
Certainly that's the 'party line'. On the night? YMMV?

You can approach and nicely request. If access is denied then best to nicely accept that and find somewhere else to wait for your flight.

Butterfly Garden, Take a train to T3 ... lots of things to do.

IMHO, SIN is one of the better places to be in transit.

Transiting Guide | Changi Airport Singapore

Discover Green Oases | Changi Airport Singapore

Last edited by serfty; Jul 20, 2019 at 4:41 pm
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by shillard
Top value, great service and experience. UL is a seriously under-rated airline, especially business class. I love it. It's the only way that I go to Dubai now - NTL-MEL/BNE-SIN-CMB-DXB.
Is there a day of the week/time of year when it can be done without a 14 hour overnight layover in CMB?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TravelManBiz

I just called the Qantas lounge in SIN to confirm about access. They said I can only bring 1 guest. There is no rule for One World card holders allowing access for 2 children at the Qantas lounge in SIN. I am BA Gold.

They said if I had a Qantas status card, I could have taken 1 adult and 2 children with me. So I guess this is correct what they told me?
Fair enough - the page I referenced was a Qantas Club page , so indeed may be only for QF members

Singapore airport is a pretty decent airport without status - there are pay per access lounges if really wanting to use a lounge
TravelManBiz likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: QF, CX, BA
Is there any update to the QF Singapore F lounge? Is this still likely top open in November?
Tokyoite and pythonisman like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by mitellic
Is there any update to the QF Singapore F lounge? Is this still likely top open in November?
Have been wondering the same- am transiting SIN in December and January, would be lovely if the space opens on-time or at least close to it

I'm not holding my breath- I think LHR was delayed about 8 months and it wasn't until late in the game that the delays were announced - but I hope that's down to inefficiencies with LHR/the UK which might be less of an issue in Singapore?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Singapore J lounge extension

For anyone who is interested.
I flew out of SIN two nights ago and saw that they were already commencing work on the extension of the current Singapore J lounge.
They are extending from the wall on the side of the children play area.
The extension will take up some of the public area (currently on the land side) behind the current wall.
Did not have time to check out the progress of the 1st lounge since that is situated near the D gates.
Currently I am frequently using the EK lounge because of the over-crowding of the QF lounge.
There were never more than a handful of guests in the EK lounge whenever I am there and it has nice views of the runway and the roof-top garden.
mitellic and ps107 like this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I came across an anecdote in the last week that indicated the new First Lounge might not open until early next year. Just a rumor for what that is worth.
mitellic likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
I came across an anecdote in the last week that indicated the new First Lounge might not open until early next year. Just a rumor for what that is worth.
I hope not! I am flying through in mid-December with a 5 hour layover, really hoping that the new lounge is finished by then.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:31 am

That would be disappointing!
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:49 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
I was told it was on schedule to open Nov 2010 when I asked the last time I was in SIN (mid-June). Most lounges have slipped their scheduled completion dates in the QF network so make of it what you will. In any case it isn't lavish F but presumably less crowded than the J lounge, even if it is expanded.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by number_6
I was told it was on schedule to open Nov 2010 when I asked the last time I was in SIN (mid-June). Most lounges have slipped their scheduled completion dates in the QF network so make of it what you will. In any case it isn't lavish F but presumably less crowded than the J lounge, even if it is expanded.
So we aren't to expect something even on the level of the LAX F lounge?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by ps107
Is there a day of the week/time of year when it can be done without a 14 hour overnight layover in CMB?
Did you mean a layover in SIN? I've been going the same way ex SIN or CGK to DXB or AUH and the transit in CMB is at most 2 hours and sometimes less. Works for me as I normally have meetings in SIN or CGK so the layover doesn't bother me.
shillard likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Small expansion to the Singapore Business lounge has opened adding about 15% more seats and taking capacity to 600.

First lounge opening looking like November 2019.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/newly-expanded-qantas-singapore-lounge-eases-the-squeeze
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Would Qantas First Lounge accept Emirates First passenger ?

Would be interesting to check this if they do.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Would Qantas First Lounge accept Emirates First passenger ?

Would be interesting to check this if they do.
EK First (& Business) PAX already have access to the Qantas International SIN lounge when it is operating.

I'd guess they would also have access to the new Qantas First Lounge when it opens.
kaizen7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.