Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Lounges [Master Thread 2018-]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Lounges [Master Thread 2018-]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by shillard
Bloody hope so, I'm flying SIN-BNE-NTL on the 26th...
Yep, it'll be open before then.
shillard likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Yep, it'll be open before then.
Awesome news.

The hot food in the J lounge is rubbish. Absolutely appalling.

The bar is OK (rose - hard to find in SE Asia at the best of times...) but the food... my God...
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:30 am

Surprise..! The Qantas Singapore First Lounge is now open, two weeks ahead of the official ribbon cutting on Monday Dec 2.

First pics and details at https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...ounge-now-open
shillard, orbitmic and kirkwoodj like this.

Last edited by djsflynn; Nov 18, 2019 at 12:40 am
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:43 am

Two pics to wet the whistle...

shillard likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Well played, Sir - well played.

Glorious news!!! Oh, happy day!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:34 pm

For those interested, review now up: great food and fresh design, but crowding during the evening's peak QF travel period and lack of reserved seating for first class flyers needs to be addressed.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/q...changi-airport
Aidan likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
A few more pictures. The JAL station manager told me that there was soft opening already. Xmas arrived earæy

Beautiful large space, not busy at all yet.

Three spaces about the same size for dining area

The bar.

There is a smaller dinning area in a bit darker colours, and a lounge area befoee the reception as well.

A really well made lounge. Still smells a bit of fresh paint. The menu is very similar to what is also served in Sydney, Melbourne and LAX. With some local variation.

The staff are very proud of the new lounge, and happy to show around and explain.. Kudos Qantas.

Adding a few pictures

Comfy lounge chairs (there is a socket in the base on the opposite side of the table)

Shower facilities

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Nov 25, 2019 at 6:11 am
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The menu items probably look familiar, but I have actually never tried the Salt & Pepper Squid before.

Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:26 am

In the lounge now - MUCH better than the J lounge.

I had the chicken & eggplant dish (the last one in the photo above) and it was quite tasty. More substantial than the usual human ponytail fare. Quite impressed...

The green privacy chair thingies are far more comfortable than the photos lead me to believe. Happily ensconced in one as I type this.

Lounge staff very attentive - haven't had to fetch anything myself as yet and I've been here for nearly 4 hours.

The masses are starting to roll in and it still feels quiet and spacious.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shillard
In the lounge now - MUCH better than the J lounge.

I had the chicken & eggplant dish (the last one in the photo above) and it was quite tasty. More substantial than the usual human ponytail fare. Quite impressed...

The green privacy chair thingies are far more comfortable than the photos lead me to believe. Happily ensconced in one as I type this.

Lounge staff very attentive - haven't had to fetch anything myself as yet and I've been here for nearly 4 hours.

The masses are starting to roll in and it still feels quiet and spacious.
Indeed, the staff was really amazing. I need to send a note to Qantas to praise the staff, and the lounge.
shillard and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Just trying the lounge out for the first time.

Got in around 5:30 pm and it was packed. Hate to be one of those people but maybe the requirements to earn emerald should be raised

Food was good. Wine list is pleasant. But service was really slow and not at all proactive, even once the place had cleared out. Never got any refill on my drink or water without flagging down.

Maybe I'm getting too jaded after a lot of flying this year but I'm not sure I'd choose it over the business class lounge really - can serve myself and the dishes are generally fresh and tasty.

It's early days, I suppose. Will check back soon.

Edit: maybe I spoke a bit too soon. Seems I drew the short straw with who was serving me - apparently some of Neil Perry's crew are up from Sydney, too. Shift changeover, lounge got a bit quieter and I met some fantastic people working here. Good things to come as they train everyone here, I suspect.
serfty and kirkwoodj like this.

Last edited by clearedforlanding; Nov 28, 2019 at 4:26 am
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:15 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by clearedforlanding
Got in around 5:30 pm and it was packed. Hate to be one of those people but maybe the requirements to earn emerald should be raised
That'd have to be thought through carefully. For example, the QR approach in DOH is not what most people would find satisfactory (unless you were WP in the QR program or actually in F).
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:03 am

Bumped into Nestor @ SYD today.

He is on his way to SIN tomorrow for official QF First opening.

He also mentioned QF SYD sent chef to train SIN staff.

I told him, "I hope so, b'cos the Squid @ MEL is barely edible."

We had a big laugh!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
are BA first pax allowed in?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LukeO9
are BA first pax allowed in?
Standard OW rules for a first class lounge apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.