Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Lounges [Master Thread 2018-]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Lounges [Master Thread 2018-]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Originally Posted by mitellic
Is there any update to the QF Singapore F lounge? Is this still likely top open in November?
I was in the Qantas Lounge last week and asked the Duty Manager from the Philippines when the F lounge would open. He told me it would be opening in December (even if the target is to open in November). Hopefully no further delays would happen.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by ps107
Is there a day of the week/time of year when it can be done without a 14 hour overnight layover in CMB?

I've always departed SIN on weekdays around 9am, had a 2-3 hour layover in CMB, then on to DXB.
ps107 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: QFF
I was here last night before the following itinerary: SIN - KUL - MEL on Malaysia Airlines. First sector was in Y, second sector in J (redemption booking so technically X and U).

I was counting on gaining entry under the Oneworld rule of having the second long haul flight in Business even though the first shorter flight was in Economy, however despite reading the rules directly from Oneworld website with them on the screen, they would not accept that entry was allowed. They maintained that the first flight needs to be in premium and the second flight in economy, even though the wording includes 'vice versa'. We spent about 15 minutes reading the wording together yet I could not convince them I was correct.

After 15 minutes I was eventually granted access, but only because I had 6 family members waiting for me inside the lounge (which was kind of them and I was really thankful). They said they did not believe MAS would reimburse Qantas in this situation. They also mentioned that with the capacity issues in the past year, they have been asked to be strict with allowing entry. One of the other reasons she let me in was because my flight was boarding at 5.10pm, before the peak period.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any tips on avoiding this in the future? Or were they correct and I shouldn't have had access?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by gforce00
Has anyone else had this problem? Any tips on avoiding this in the future? Or were they correct and I shouldn't have had access?
There's a very long thread on Australian Frequent Flyer, discussing issue in the reverse situation at PER (inbound on CX J from HKG-PER, outbound QF Y PER-ADL). Denied access and after complaint, QF refused to acknowledge the oneworld policy and responded with scripted irrelevant responses such as this
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:35 pm

Haven’t seen it mentioned in this thread, a new Qatar lounge is under development opposite the Emirates lounge in Singapore, will be another great option for Business and First passengers as their lounges are generally excellent (no access for status passengers in y unfortunately).

Might help to ease the pressure on the QF lounge together with the First lounge the Qantas lounge may become a pleasant environment once more.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:51 am

Is this still looking for an opening in December? Or is November still possible?
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: Qantas
Will be open by 26th November.

Regards,

Michael.
mitellic and SirToby like this.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Volvo Mike
Will be open by 26th November.

Regards,

Michael.
Thanks for the update!
Old Nov 10, 2019, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Reports are the official opening will be 2nd December, but there is likely to be a "soft opening" in the days before that.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/t...s-lounge-guide
Old Nov 11, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by serfty
Reports are the official opening will be 2nd December, but there is likely to be a "soft opening" in the days before that.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/t...s-lounge-guide

Bloody hope so, I'm flying SIN-BNE-NTL on the 26th...
Old Nov 11, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: Qantas
Originally Posted by shillard
Bloody hope so, I'm flying SIN-BNE-NTL on the 26th...
There was a Platinum members competition for 3 first class trips to Singapore and the return date was the 26th November.
shillard and levelnine like this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 2:18 pm

Is it possible to enter the Qantas Lounge as OWE with a Cathay Boarding pass?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 2:36 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Panix
Is it possible to enter the Qantas Lounge as OWE with a Cathay Boarding pass?
Only if you can physically get into terminal 1. CX departs terminal 4, and YMMV whether you can get to terminal 1.
djsflynn likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 3:43 pm

Thx! Is it possible to enter Terminal 1 with a Terminal 4 boarding pass? I heard it's not possible the other way round. Any first hand experience?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
There are airside shuttle bus service from T4 Transfer Lounge to T2 Gate 51.

Not sure how early you can check in with CX, however if you do have "very" plenty of time then its doable to go to Changi T1
However these bus only depart every half an hour or so and the journey do take around 10 min or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.