Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Lounges [Master Thread 2018-]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire

I travelled on QF82 in First Class yesterday and was very underwhelmed. Protocol is to identify F pax at the entrance (where you now have to show your passport!) and hand them over to the F host. There are a couple of leather armchairs that are marked as reserved and no menus are given and no one tells you what you can get in addition to the beverages on display. F champagne is Taittinger.

They failed to identify me, hence didn't hand me over and once I found the host, there was very little effort shown to make me feel welcome. Spoke to the manager and he shared the following:

They will create an own First Class space in the Singapore lounge and they will add walls to offer guests a more private and exclusive experience. No time line given but good to hear that QF plans improvements.
ianassum likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:59 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SMK77

They will create an own First Class space in the Singapore lounge and they will add walls to offer guests a more private and exclusive experience. No time line given but good to hear that QF plans improvements.
...and any crumbs for QF plats / OWEs...I assume nothing!!

Last edited by kpc; Mar 18, 2018 at 8:22 pm
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by SMK77

Thanks for the information.

'walls' will mean less space for non F guests, but for those in the know, makes the EK lounge more palatable (if it wasn't already).
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:07 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
First time back in SIN after a few years. I’m expecting the SIN lounge will be a zoo in the evenngs now. Are WPs (still) able to access the EK lounge when on QF metal and QF code?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by og
First time back in SIN after a few years. I’m expecting the SIN lounge will be a zoo in the evenngs now. Are WPs (still) able to access the EK lounge when on QF metal and QF code?
yes ... and the BA lounge.

Reports on AFF that in theQP, an area "left and left" from reception is reserved for First PAX (waiter service but no walls [as yet]).
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:41 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by og
QF SIN lounge is very busy mid evening (southbound flights). Okay for QF1.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:39 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
QF SIN lounge is very busy mid evening (southbound flights). Okay for QF1.
Thanks KF and serfty. Very quiet at 2030 but that may change.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Was there on Thursday night, we only entered lounge after the early evening rush subsided (entered lounge around 8:30pm), and it was noticeably busier than previous visits at 8:30, but still much quieter than the early evening peak, although QF 1 was delayed to 5am, so hard to judge. Looking at the QF1 crowd when we woke at 4am, if you superimpose it onto the crowd around 10:30pm it would be quite full, but not like the early evenings.

Early evenings now you get 2 x 380, 1 x 330 (plus very early 1x737) + smattering of 3K flights , late evenings it is 1 x 380, 1x330, 1 x 737 + smaller number of 3K flights.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
As the QF lounge opens at 1430, use by QFF status members for 3K flights could be considered "limited"

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by wandering_fred
As the QF lounge opens at 1430, use by QFF status members for 3K flights could be considered "limited"
Not very common for origin/destination 3K passengers to access lounge as QFF status members, but as QF sell connections onto a range of 3K services from their late afternoon arrivals into SIN I believee there a few pax that do come through then, they just add to the overall total, albeit in relatively small way. Between 17:55 and 20:00 there are 6-8 departures, all with QF codeshares on them.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Not very common for origin/destination 3K passengers to access lounge as QFF status members, but as QF sell connections onto a range of 3K services from their late afternoon arrivals into SIN I believee there a few pax that do come through then, they just add to the overall total, albeit in relatively small way. Between 17:55 and 20:00 there are 6-8 departures, all with QF codeshares on them.
People on the JL (JL used to contract use of the SATS lounge between the BA and QF lounges, they now use the Danta lounge - ie, the old CX Skyview lounge) and BA flights can also use the QF lounge (though most BA pax would go to the next door BA lounge), as can MH and QR pax who walk over from T2/T3.
CX pax can also use the lounge, but are unlikely to with the bus transfer to T4.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:16 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Himeno
People on the JL (JL used to contract use of the SATS lounge between the BA and QF lounges, they now use the Danta lounge - ie, the old CX Skyview lounge) and BA flights can also use the QF lounge (though most BA pax would go to the next door BA lounge), as can MH and QR pax who walk over from T2/T3.
CX pax can also use the lounge, but are unlikely to with the bus transfer to T4.
Has the old skyview lounge reopened or are you referring to the actual DNATA lounge that CX used after moving from the skyview lounge?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did CX do that? surprising.

I used to regularly attend the Skyview as a change from the two QF lounges, but once EK became available to me before a Qantas flight I never went back - not skyviews fault. I have some good memories - but EK had better offerings.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Himeno
as can MH and QR pax who walk over from T2/T3.
Also UL and AY pax. And EK passengers. And certain number of QF codeshare passengers on other airlines (eg QF codeshares on 9W to India).
Old Apr 6, 2018, 4:55 pm

I was in the Sin QF lounge this week and on arrival and for the first two hours it was jammed. However once QF1 and some others departed early evening it was quiet. As a platinum, there is a line of seats pre allocated and a little more service offered but there is really no difference and frankly the whole place has a Qantas Pub not Club atmosphere. Dining area feels like a cafeteria and the whole place is no different to the business lounge in Sydney or Melbourne which is not saying much. I wouldn't be making plans to get to my flight early based on this experience regardless of my status or class of travel. Indeed as a result of QF's move back to Singapore, I might even re.evaluate my Asian stopovers away from Sin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.