Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Lounges [Master Thread 2018-]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Lounges [Master Thread 2018-]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:30 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Yet the QF fanboys who think Alan Joyce is the messiah will tell us that there's nothing wrong with the SIN lounge and the need for a SIN F lounge or any form of expansion was and is unnecessary, despite the more realistic among us predicting that there would be problems.

Rerouting DXB to SIN has massively damaged the QF F experience. What a joke.
ISTR the SIN detour from Disneyland on steroids (AKA DXB) is what the average punter wanted. I’m expecting that the QF F experience won’t be an issue when the 380s are scrapped and J is the best you can get on a “project sunrise” plane or a 789. There’s always other options out there - some better than QF F.
shillard likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by og

ISTR the SIN detour from Disneyland on steroids (AKA DXB) is what the average punter wanted. I’m expecting that the QF F experience won’t be an issue when the 380s are scrapped and J is the best you can get on a “project sunrise” plane or a 789. There’s always other options out there - some better than QF F.
There have been reports that Qantas want 4 classes on the Project Sunrise aircraft. So F is likely to stay in some form. Maybe a 4 or 6 seat F cabin on 777Xs.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:02 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I wonder if 4 classes on Project Sunrise is to help with lowering weight.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
QF won't abolish all F service because they need it for prestige reasons and to drive value in the Loyalty programme.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:33 am

I was in QF SIN lounge on Sunday 10/6 from 6.30pm until 10.30pm, maybe reached 75% capacity max. No problem entering as a Qantas Club member with a 3K boarding pass. 25 minute wait for a shower at 6.30pm. Lounge never felt crowded.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by number_6
I do prefer it over the EK lounge at SIN, so I can see why the EK F pax would try to use the QF lounge instead. By contrast the EK MEL lounge is markedly better than their SIN lounge.
The best experience is to utilise both lounges.

QF lounge early for a few cocktails, some salad and maybe a pau or laksa ----> then to EK lounge for a bit of peace and quiet and tarmac views, a main course (last time there, the lamb was excellent) and dessert all washed down with champagne. !
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by gforce00
I was in QF SIN lounge on Sunday 10/6 from 6.30pm until 10.30pm, maybe reached 75% capacity max. No problem entering as a Qantas Club member with a 3K boarding pass. 25 minute wait for a shower at 6.30pm. Lounge never felt crowded.
Sounds like you got lucky.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Sounds like you got lucky.
Or was the day before an Australian (at least NSW/VIC) public holiday, so not as many business travellers.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:01 pm

I was in the lounge a week later for the same flight and even quieter, and 2 showers were ready in 5 minutes. Sunday nights don't seem to be an issue.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
data point. jul 2 around 615pm. entered with CX J boarding pass but also showed platty card just in case... entered ok but oh boy this place felt like a zoo reminded me of Priority pass lounge. would say 85% full as in practially all table taken, with ad hoc empty seat. first time sat on kitchen bar to avoid masses. i can see.why they capacity control, its good practice to turn away other OW flyers like me

on flip side in Jume i was here at 9pm, very calm. god busy atound 10pm but still much nicer than 6 to 7 rush
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:05 pm

The situation in Singapore continues to worsen. All Qantas Club members banned from the Lounge and redirected to SATS until September (perhaps longer): https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-club...tm_source=hero
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by number_6
I can only go by my own experience, have been in SIN lounge twice in May 2018 and both times it was pleasant and while busy not full ... maybe at 90% capacity. Lots of empty single seats scattered about, maybe people have to share tables more So I'd write a fairly gushing report because that was my experience, not because I am beholden to QF. There do seem to be pretty polarized reports (either very good or very bad), and my own experience reality is in between, maybe 8 out of 10 on the lounge scale. I do prefer it over the EK lounge at SIN, so I can see why the EK F pax would try to use the QF lounge instead. By contrast the EK MEL lounge is markedly better than their SIN lounge.
I haven't noticed the "overcrowding" so much as I tend to arrive before 5pm and leave on the 20:40 BNE flight to connect to NTL.

The lack of an F lounge is pretty crap though and clearly not sustainable in the long term.

Only downside to the peak period is that the WiFi gets smashed at times and slows noticeably.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:34 pm

Doesn’t open until 2:30 pm 😬
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:53 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by shillard

The lack of an F lounge is pretty crap though and clearly not sustainable in the long term.
Why is it not sustainable in the long term? I think QF has a different opinion to you - they recently opened the LHR lounge with no F lounge, and LHR is an outport which has always had F class cabin. And even then, they don't think a F class lounge is necessary.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by sxc
Why is it not sustainable in the long term? I think QF has a different opinion to you - they recently opened the LHR lounge with no F lounge, and LHR is an outport which has always had F class cabin. And even then, they don't think a F class lounge is necessary.
It's bean counter stuff - they provide a discreet special service to First PAX, CL & P1. Mere WP who are in the know simply don't use the lounge - at LHR T3 there are the CX F, AA FL and BA FL options, all far better than the QP.

At SIN there are less options, really only the BA lounge (and EK when open), much better than QF's.

At AKL I am not looking forward to the upcoming destruction of the Emerald cupboard.
poopbunny likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.