Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF London Lounge - Opened November 2017 (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF London Lounge - Opened November 2017 (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:23 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by frandrake
.....unless you plan to get drunk on cheap wine, for which QF lounge seems perfect.
Those leaving the UK may as well do this since it’ll be the last opportunity to get good Australian wine at the right price.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
The "undrinkable" Australian sparkling is Croser, which is actually decent, I'd suggest it's better than the Moet in the Cathay F lounge, but perhaps not as nice as the Baron, and certainly better than whatever Cathay serve in their J lounge. But everyone has different views when it comes to sparkling wines and everyone has a different palate.

The Perrier Jouet should be reserved for certain passengers, primarily ticketed First, Chairmans Lounge and Platinum One Qantas members, if others are getting it then it's a service failure (but likely in a good way for those pax in the know).
I very much enjoyed the Croser too! Would hardly call it undrinkable. Like you say everyone has a different palate.

They serve Moet in the CX J lounge btw.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by GoldCanyon340
QF first to have an aperitif at the bar and then CX for a decent late lunch/early dinner. Settle into CX and enjoy.
Thanks, sounds like could be a plan!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by serfty
I'm still wondering about this:@LifeTimeBronze, can you expand on this?

Was a 'base' gin and tonic the only option?
I too would be interested to hear more about this, either from LifeTimeBronze or indeed anyone who has sampled the "Gin Bar" recently. Qantas made a song and dance about the gin bar so if they're not delivering anything other than 1 or 2 options then I would be surprised. And disappointed!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Qantas Platinum One and LTG
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
I too would be interested to hear more about this, either from LifeTimeBronze or indeed anyone who has sampled the "Gin Bar" recently. Qantas made a song and dance about the gin bar so if they're not delivering anything other than 1 or 2 options then I would be surprised. And disappointed!
Perhaps the staff is as apathetic as the majority of FT and AFF members seem to be about the lounge?
serfty likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
I had time to test out the new Qantas lounge on Friday for a morning flight, and thanks to a delayed flight, I had time to try out all CX/QF/BA lounges since I hadn't flown out of T3 since 2014 as I almost always depart from T5. After finding nothing really appealing to me at the CX First restaurant, I moved on to the QF Lounge for breakfast.

The Qantas Lounge had Eggs Benedict on the dine in menu, perfect, but with one chef dealing with cook to order items and half the tables taken, the staff taken they time to take orders, it looked like it was going to be a decent wait on food, so I gave up on that. One of the staff had bacon and caramelised onion rolls upstairs, so I gave one of those a try, which was not bad. They also were walking around with Lamingtons, which I really should of gone for, which the staff said they had it was because it was Australia Day. As I didn't eat one, I can't confirm if it did or didn't have jam in them - I grew up with them with having jam, and personally think they are bland without it.

As for the question about the Gin Bar, if they do more than basic things like G&T's - I didn't try this time, but a mate without status wants to go on a short haul trip very soon out of T3 with me so he can go for a gin tasting session and will report back.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: QF/OWE, PC Plat
Had 30 minutes of lounge time flying EK8 this morning, The coffee is miles ahead of the machine swill in the EK lounge the staff were very friendly, but I guess getting there at opening time they hadn’t had to many passengers to annoy them
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:19 am

I visited yesterday for first time in the early afternoon. Overall impression is that it's very stark and not somewhere you feel relaxed.

Buffet consisted of one main hot item, a lamb and chickpea curry. Nice enough but very similar to the BA lounge slop. The majority of the lounge is set up for sit down dining with very few comfortable seating areas. There were only 3 other passengers in.

Gin bar is only redeeming feature. Barman to talk me through tadtings and seemed knowledgeable. Tried the Aussie green ant gin. Ok in a g&t but tasted fantastic straight. ..I had 3 ants in the glass. A few gin based cocktails were good. But the lounge is just too sterile. So CX will continue to be my preference .

Last edited by CatchThePigeon; Feb 15, 2018 at 8:25 am
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:03 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
..... The majority of the lounge is set up for sit down dining with very few comfortable seating areas. .... .
I think this is the emerging trend with QF lounges. Seems most attendees upon arrival target a table to eat at and then prefer to stay at the same table to work / use the internet. This was very evident when for example the dining table areas were increased and lounge chair area reduced at the SYD F lounge.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:16 am

How early can I check into QF2 departing 20:45? To maximise QF & CX lounge time :-)

I'm flying in Y on BA Gold
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
How early can I check into QF2 departing 20:45? To maximise QF & CX lounge time :-)
Without checked luggage, a successful OLCI could give you all day.

With luggage to check, after 4pm.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by serfty
Without checked luggage, a successful OLCI could give you all day.

With luggage to check, after 4pm.
OLCI was successful but issuing of boarding passes were only available at the airport.

At the airport, we tried self check-in computers to print our boarding passes, but it did not recognise our PNR.

Infact, check in for QF2 departing at 20.45 opened at 16.50.

The only way to have received our boarding passes before 16.50 would have been to checkin during the earlier QF10 departure at 11.55.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
That's unfortunate - back in November it was open when I arrived at 16:20.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Guys is this lounge the lounge of choice when departing LHR on QF2 ?
I have no status so access would just be on account of F boarding pass
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:19 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Nizar
Guys is this lounge the lounge of choice when departing LHR on QF2 ?
I have no status so access would just be on account of F boarding pass
It is the lounge of QF's choice yes

But most people say they prefer the CX F lounge, which you will have access to. But - they are next to each other, so go to both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.