Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF London Lounge - Opened November 2017 (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF London Lounge - Opened November 2017 (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Yes, sorry, PITU of Qantas sparkling wine ....
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
You are comparing to Cathay F though. My gut feeling is that oneworld Emerald will be better off here.
I am indeed comparing the QF 'premium' lounge to the CX first class lounge, as an option for QF first class flyers as well as QF Platinum & Platinum One frequent flyers and their Oneworld Emerald siblings. I suspect there's no contest for gin-lovers though!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...OMAAT+Facebook ! Looks pretty good if you ask me , can not wait to try it out.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
On Thursday I am flying on a QF ticket but on EK metal, will I be able to access this new QF lounge?

TIA#
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by johnaalex
On Thursday I am flying on a QF ticket but on EK metal, will I be able to access this new QF lounge?

TIA#
http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...unge/global/en

Not by BAEC Gold status, but if traveling F or J then I believe so with the updated rules.

(They appear to have changed them overnight in conjunction with the lounge opening - previously it would have been EK lounge only.)

Originally Posted by sxc
The article says “savvy” travellers will go to the CX First Class lounge. From what I can see here and my experience of the CX lounge, the only reason to go to the CX lounge is because it has a “first” label and that doesn’t sound savvy to me. QF looks like it has healthier more substantial food, and a much better bar selection with a bar tender.
YMMV.

I'd expect many eligible PAX to use the CX F lounge - Gin doesn't do it for everyone, Champagne does for many; à la carte dining with reasonable variety as well..

I suspect Qantas won't advise QF PAX of any other option other than their lounge. A bit like the availability of the AA T3 arrivals lounge for QF inbound First and Business passengers - that is no longer advertised on the Qantas.web site as an option, even though it continues to be the case.

Originally Posted by djsflynn
A coupla updates:
* confirmed that there is no champers set aside for F, CL and P1 members unlike at HKG and SIN lounges ...
That's what they say (i.e. publicly state); in practice I suspect something discretely different.

Last edited by serfty; Nov 28, 2017 at 2:16 pm
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by serfty
http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...unge/global/en

Not by BAEC Gold status, but if traveling F or J then I believe so with the updated rules.

(They appear to have changed them overnight in conjunction with the lounge opening - previously it would have been EK lounge only.)

YMMV.
Thank you. I assumed my BAEC status would be irrelevant but hoped for this rule update.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I've posted quite a few photos from today's media opening on the blog (here). I don't think posting the link is again FT rules (I checked) but, if for some reason it is, please let me know and I'll remove it.

Last edited by Mileometer; Nov 28, 2017 at 11:46 pm
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Just wondering what the breakfast menu is and whether it is waiter service or just help yourself (a previous post mentioned a breakfast menu but I can't see one)? I'm due to fly out from T3 late on Sat morning and trying to choose between breakfast in the QF and CX lounges (I may end up doing both!).

Many thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
That's what they say (i.e. publicly state); in practice I suspect something discretely different.
I'd certainly hope so, Alan didn't call it out when we asked about FC/CL perks but the whole issue of "will there be champers at the lounge?" remains to be settled once it opens tomorrow... there was champagne (Croser) at the media preview but such events are not always a true indicator of f&b once the lounge opens; Alan did reel out some stats on how much champagne was consumed in QF lounges (and flights) around the world and it'd be odd to have that number at the launch of a lounge without champagne on the drinks menu; yet the press release didn't list champagne as one of the drinks available at the upstairs bar, when it had the chance to do so. All will be revealed very very soon, one hopes!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:19 pm

Wow, thats an outrageously good Gin selection, can't think of any other lounge in the world which comes close to that.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:53 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by IMOA
Wow, thats an outrageously good Gin selection, can't think of any other lounge in the world which comes close to that.
Gin is certainly the "drink of the year" - so its a marketing advantage.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: BRK-B
Would a Finnair Business Class ticket (with useless BA Bronze) granted me an access?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by Noppasit
Would a Finnair Business Class ticket (with useless BA Bronze) granted me an access?
Yes, given you are flying Biz class on a Oneworld airline.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:09 pm

Champagne update: seems that Petaluma Croser (from South Australia) is available on request
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Champagne update: seems that Petaluma Croser (from South Australia) is available on request
So - no change and there is still no champagne then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.