Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong International Business Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong International Business Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2014, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Any photo TRs including this yet? I've seen the magazine writeups with pics, but nothing beats getting the nitty gritty from an FTer.
Originally Posted by LAXative
I took photos but didn't do a TR. Let me see if I can dig them up.
A select few. Sorry, these were taken on my cell phone.

Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:35 pm

Thanks Laxative for the great pictures!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was able to visit the lounge a few weeks ago. I was actually the first person in for the day, at 9.30. I got quite a few photos but I haven't sorted them out yet. I'll try and post them soon.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:34 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by matthandy
I was able to visit the lounge a few weeks ago. I was actually the first person in for the day, at 9.30. I got quite a few photos but I haven't sorted them out yet. I'll try and post them soon.
Would love to know what food they serve at that time?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
Would love to know what food they serve at that time?
Basic breakfast stuff, I'm presuming Aussie inspired.

Toast, croissants, rolls, danishes
Scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, baked beans
Yogurt, fruit, cereal

Nothing like Asian or dim sum offered.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Any photo TRs including this yet? I've seen the magazine writeups with pics, but nothing beats getting the nitty gritty from an FTer.
Hi arlflyer, I covered this lounge when I was there a couple of months back! Feel free to refer to it: http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/...-qantas-lounge
Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Here are a few from me. I was the first one in the lounge at 9.30am. At this point in time, no food was being offered that I could see and half of the lounge (the main seating areas) were still closed off for cleaning. I did get the chance the take a few snaps of the dining area and bar before heading off for my flight to Bali:

Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Lovely photos, Matthandy!

I wonder how many chairs (the ones with the handle on the seat back) QF ordered. I see so many of them at so many QF lounges
Old Sep 7, 2014, 7:13 pm

Nice photos Matthandy! Any pictures of the famous dim sum cart by chance and its products?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:36 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Nice photos Matthandy! Any pictures of the famous dim sum cart by chance and its products?
The cart only comes out between 6-8pm and isn't particularly special. 1-2 pork soup dumplings (think similar to wonton) with a slightly chili sauce.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
It's worth a short visit if you have time and just want to have a quick look. Otherwise save the trouble and head straight for the proper F lounge.
Cant beat the Wing at all really. Consistently the best lounge food I have eaten. Real bubbles, and not too often overcrowded in my visits.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:09 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The food is surprisingly competitive with the Wing F dining, some things like the BBQ meats are as good or better. Of course this is a J lounge, so it won't match the F catering cost, but QF has done very well with both the hard and soft product of this lounge. Nice ambiance and often less crowded than the Wing gets -- another factor.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:28 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by number_6
The food is surprisingly competitive with the Wing F dining, some things like the BBQ meats are as good or better. Of course this is a J lounge, so it won't match the F catering cost, but QF has done very well with both the hard and soft product of this lounge. Nice ambiance and often less crowded than the Wing gets -- another factor.
I'd agree with that assessment.

The other stark difference between the QF J lounge and all of the CX lounges at HKG is the attitude of the staff. It seems they are especially trained to be very outgoing, friendly, and talkative -- while CX lounge staff follows a "better to be seen but not heard" approach.

I'm an AA EXP and travel through HKG quite frequently, usually on CX. Standard practice now is to get the cabana shower at The Wing and, if it's not crowded, get a meal at the Haven. But afterwards, if I want a lounge to hang around in for a few hours, get some work done, and have a few drinks and snacks, it's well worth taking the quick walk across to the QF lounge.

PS: QF lounge has much better wifi!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by soundsfishy
I'd agree with that assessment.

It seems they are especially trained to be very outgoing, friendly, and talkative
Welcome to FT!

I had a little giggle at this one, if true it sounds to me like the HKG lounge staff could head to Oz and train the dragons here!

I will head into the new QF lounge for a look next week when I am in HKG, be mad not to try it. At the end of the day, it is nice to have options!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:05 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by seat_4D
I will head into the new QF lounge for a look next week when I am in HKG, be mad not to try it. At the end of the day, it is nice to have options!
Agree - but its going to be hard to leave the CX F Wing Champagne lounge with personal service (all be it - well - subdued) - even if the role of the Champagne dragon is to stop "self servers".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.