Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

what year did the Qantas FF program start

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what year did the Qantas FF program start

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2013, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by serfty
In 1994 it was IIRC (Domestically):

Flights per membership "Year".

Blue: 20 flights - lounge invite & upgrade cert.
Silver: 50 Flights - lounge invite and two upgrade certs.
Gold: 80 flights - lounge access

No status bonus, no minimum points & points were based on Km (with discount economy at a rate if 0.7).
I have the 1994 edition of the frequent flyer brochure in front of me! As you say, Blue was at 20 flights - however this could also be achieved by 15K domestic of 60K international flying.

silver was 50 flights, 45K domestic or 180K international

gold was 80 flights, 75K domestic or 300K international
Old Mar 3, 2013, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Gosh, my continuous QANTAS Club membership since 1998 commenced not all that long after the 'big bang' as it were.

I manage to dig up some old 'blue' QC tags the other day - when was the change to the maroon we now see?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 1:48 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Gosh, my continuous QANTAS Club membership since 1998 commenced not all that long after the 'big bang' as it were.

I manage to dig up some old 'blue' QC tags the other day - when was the change to the maroon we now see?
I use old dark blue QC tags on my cabin bag. IIRC the these we're replaced by the "common" maroon tags over 5 yrs ago. I have also noticed that fancy looking tags on checked luggage sometimes disappear - eg in EZE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.