Search

Sri Lankan Airlines join oneworld

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:53 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Once UL enter oneworld I'll be using my WP card to lounge in the Wing!
The Wing (IMHO) has gone through renovation. It has become dark, unfriendly and unwelcoming. Staff have become less attentive. Its not the place it used to be.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 6:36 am

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by anchor79
its 2013 already. Anyone have any idea when they will be in OW officially?
"Early next year" according to ATW Website.

"Before the end of the year", according to this earlier statement by the UL Chairman.

I know which my money is on ....

Regards,

BD
Old Apr 30, 2013, 2:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by og
The Wing (IMHO) has gone through renovation. It has become dark, unfriendly and unwelcoming. Staff have become less attentive. Its not the place it used to be.
Not sure I'd go that far but it's fair to say the staff seem quite disinterested.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:56 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by og
Been to the Wing lounge last week for the first time. Probably it's like this with anything if you don't know what it used to be like. I loved the shower/bath cabanas but I agree that the a la carte food was not very presentable and the waiters didn't seem to be very happy doing their job. To be honest the place was too full, so no wonder the service is "First class like".
Old Jul 28, 2013, 2:35 am

Does anyone know what will happen with the exsisting flysmiles points once SriLankan Airlines joins Oneworld? Can the point be move to one world etc?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lukelegend
Does anyone know what will happen with the exsiting flymiles points once SriLankan Airlines joins Oneworld? Can the point be move to one world etc?
Each airline in OneWorld has its own independent freq flyer program, with its own rules. There is not a OneWorld freq flyer program.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Each airline in OneWorld has its own independent freq flyer program, with its own rules. There is not a OneWorld freq flyer program.
Thanks, can i use my exsisting points in flysmiles to book another airline like qantas with flysmiles points?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lukelegend
Thanks, can I use my existing points in flysmiles to book another airline like Qantas with flysmiles points?
Probably. Will be detailed in the revised terms & conditions of the Sri Lankan Airlines freq flyer program. These are generally not published until the airline joins OneWorld.

Keep a watch of this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...-oneworld.html in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/
Old Jul 28, 2013, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by og

My experience since the renovation has been that the Wing is a shadow of it's previous self. Colleagues, who don't really notice these things, thought I was being a bit harsh (mind you, they were saying this while stuffing themselves with noodles, so demonstrating their lack of subtlety). Thanks for pointing it out og, you've confirmed what I've been thinking.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: QF PL (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; HGP Explorist; SPG Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Himeno
It might make starting a xONE3 out of CMB more viable. The last time I looked at it, the cost and scheduling to get to/from CMB wasn't worth it.
$4,000 difference on the DONE4, so you only have to throw in a FF ticket to CMB and the start there.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Funny, though, that in the latest QF Comp - Win a Free Flight to London - that OW *is* listed as a partner (together with each individual Airline FF Scheme).

They have desperate curiosity!!

Regards,

BD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.