Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow - Terminal 5

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Um... this thread has taken a bit of a side-track from the LHR lounge issue, hasn't it? Just saying.....
Old Mar 17, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by mattm199
Um... this thread has taken a bit of a side-track from the LHR lounge issue, hasn't it? Just saying.....
Yup.

Continuing the theme...personally I find the opinions of BA on this forum quite odd, especially in comparison to QF. IMO 2 more similar airlines you couldn't hope to find...especially in terms of the attitudes of their staff...I've had exceptional and dire on both and in about the same measure. Sometimes I think it's just a general extension of natural Aussie Pom bashing!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Red Roo
You beat me to it!

We have just updated qantas.com with information regarding access to BA lounges for QC members see http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...lobal/en#jump1

Cheers,
Red Roo

Originally Posted by Qantas Website
Qantas Club Members travelling between Australia and the UK on Qantas and British Airways codeshare services, or connecting to or from these services on British Airways can access the British Airways Terraces, Executive and Galleries Lounges.
Maybe it's just me but this seems to open more cans of worms than it closes.
So, if my itinerary is for travel between the UK and Australia - regardless of what that routing may be - I can access any Terraces/Executive/Galleries Lounge en route?

Eg MAN-LHR-JFK-LAX-SYD, no issue accessing Lounges at MAN and T5? Same with LHR-HKG-MEL, no issue accessing T5 Galleries?

What about MEL-SIN-LHR-MAN? No issue accessing T5 Galleries?

Same with LHR-NRT-SYD-MEL? Or LHR-DFW-BNE?

... sorry to drag back on topic

Regards,

BD
Old Mar 18, 2012, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by BD1959
So, if my itinerary is for travel between the UK and Australia - regardless of what that routing may be - I can access any Terraces/Executive/Galleries Lounge en route?

Eg MAN-LHR-JFK-LAX-SYD, no issue accessing Lounges at MAN and T5? Same with LHR-HKG-MEL, no issue accessing T5 Galleries?

... sorry to drag back on topic

Regards,

BD
must be a QF/BA code share... so I'm thinking that rules out NRT/DFW services atc.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 5:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There is no service from UK-Australia that goes via USA

That would be a service between UK and US plus a service between US and Australia

Same for Tokyo

What this statement does seem to mean is that LHR-SIN wouldn't be eligable for access

Even if there are possible other routings where access might be granted, I don't see it as a can of worms. It is clear that travel has to be between UK and Australia , so is pretty tied down on what is permitted albeit with a few possible considerations such as where going via HKG on BA/QF; with the statement "travelling between UK and AU on QF / BA codeshare services" could be as strict as has to be a LHR-SYD / LHR-MEL sector

Dave

Last edited by Dave Noble; Mar 18, 2012 at 6:01 pm
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There is no service from UK-Australia that goes via USA

That would be a service between UK and US plus a service between US and Australia

Same for Tokyo

What this statement does seem to mean is that LHR-SIN wouldn't be eligable for access

Even if there are possible other routings where access might be granted, I don't see it as a can of worms. It is clear that travel has to be between UK and Australia , so is pretty tied down on what is permitted albeit with a few possible considerations such as where going via HKG on BA/QF; with the statement "travelling between UK and AU on QF / BA codeshare services" could be as strict as has to be a LHR-SYD / LHR-MEL sector

Dave
Which is why I asked the question ... LHR-HKG-MEL since there is no direct UK-Australia service here, though QF have touted the BA service as a replacement of the QF29/30 extension, also the BA service leaves from T5 so has that extra element to the mix.

Again, there is *nothing* to state any sort of restriction on the itinerary for the UK-Australia travel (and is it only restricted to UK - so no Lounge Access if originating in Europe?). Certainly QF.com allows you to ticket UK-Australia via the US, Japan etc etc etc.

Regards,

BD
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which is why I asked the question ... LHR-HKG-MEL since there is no direct UK-Australia service here, though QF have touted the BA service as a replacement of the QF29/30 extension, also the BA service leaves from T5 so has that extra element to the mix.

Again, there is *nothing* to state any sort of restriction on the itinerary for the UK-Australia travel (and is it only restricted to UK - so no Lounge Access if originating in Europe?). Certainly QF.com allows you to ticket UK-Australia via the US, Japan etc etc etc.

Regards,

BD
There is a restriction - has to be either QF or a QF/BA code share. If the BA flights carry a QF code you will have access.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
There is a restriction - has to be either QF or a QF/BA code share. If the BA flights carry a QF code you will have access.
OK - now I understand .. I read the BA/QF as meaning "or" rather than "both".
I guess that rules out HKG.

So ... would that allow LHR-FRA-SIN-SYD on:
BA914/QF3487 into QF6/BA7306?

Yes ... we do have to do some convoluted routings sometimes!!

Regards,

BD
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So ... would that allow LHR-FRA-SIN-SYD on:
BA914/QF3487 into QF6/BA7306?

Yes ... we do have to do some convoluted routings sometimes!!

Regards,

BD
i don't think so because you are not connecting in Heathrow to a QF or BA code share flight.

If you were flying in from asia or australia on a QF ar BA code share and connecting immediately to FRA that would be fine.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:16 pm

I take that back - I see that BA27 can actually carry the QF3528 code ... just doesn't show up all all systems ... eh, EF?

Regards,

BD
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:21 pm

If you were flying in from asia or australia on a QF ar BA code share and connecting immediately to FRA that would be fine.
But the QF website doesn't state that - in fact it explicitly states that only if you're travelling between Australia and the UK ... NOT Australia and Europe - see my quote of the website above.

Regards,

BD
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But the QF website doesn't state that - in fact it explicitly states that only if you're travelling between Australia and the UK ... NOT Australia and Europe - see my quote of the website above.

Regards,

BD
yes it does!!!
Qantas Club Members travelling between Australia and the UK on Qantas and British Airways codeshare services, or connecting to or from these services on British Airways can access the British Airways Terraces, Executive and Galleries Lounges. Access to the British Airways Lounge in New York is also available for Qantas Club Members travelling on the QF108. We are currently working with British Airways on the recent changes to their lounge access policy.
So if you are flying to europe you are connecting to or from the AU-UK services
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:44 pm

yes it does!!!
Qantas Club Members travelling between Australia and the UK on Qantas and British Airways codeshare services, or connecting to or from these services on British Airways can access the British Airways Terraces, Executive and Galleries Lounges. Access to the British Airways Lounge in New York is also available for Qantas Club Members travelling on the QF108. We are currently working with British Airways on the recent changes to their lounge access policy.
So if you are flying to europe you are connecting to or from the AU-UK services
So, this is where I read it totally differently - wasn't this whole debacle arrived at because QC Members supposedly read something into the rules which wasn't there? I read that to say: if your final destination was in the UK then you had Lounge rights for the connecting BA flight.

I'll go back to bed ....

Regards,

BD
Old Mar 18, 2012, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, this is where I read it totally differently - wasn't this whole debacle arrived at because QC Members supposedly read something into the rules which wasn't there? I read that to say: if your final destination was in the UK then you had Lounge rights for the connecting BA flight.

I'll go back to bed ....

Regards,

BD
galleries lounges were not included in access, however BA had been allowing it until October last year. then no more.

this partial resolution restores access provided you are flying to or from Australia and are connecting on BA services.

we have lost, in total, the ability to access BA lounges in t5 when originating in london (say for a weekend trip away). this was allowed until October, even though the rules said terraces and exec clubs.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 9:18 pm

galleries lounges were not included in access, however BA had been allowing it until October last year. then no more.

this partial resolution restores access provided you are flying to or from Australia and are connecting on BA services.

we have lost, in total, the ability to access BA lounges in t5 when originating in london (say for a weekend trip away). this was allowed until October, even though the rules said terraces and exec clubs.
Yes, thanks, LHR is now crystal clear.

What about other originating ports - would access be available at GLA if later transferring at LHR to QF?

Regards,

BD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.