Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld status recognition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold FF
Oneworld status recognition

I'm new to this forum and wonder if anyone has had any problems with Oneworld airline's systems not recognising their Oneworld status. I'm a long term QF Gold FF and travel frequently between Spain and Peru and since late last year the Iberia & LAN systems seem not to recognise my Oneworld status - i.e. Sapphire. This has caused untold hassles especially when checking in and getting access to the lounges. Even presenting my valid QF FF gold card often makes no difference as they say its not on the booking or in the system (i.e. the FF card number is in there but not the Oneworld status. In addition all boarding passes used to include the status 'Sapphire' &/or 'Preferred' or 'Preferente' or something similar - now none of those appear. I contacted QF and they say they have had a few cases of this but have not managed help yet. Anyone out there able to help me? In return I'd be happy to give you any advice about travelling in Peru where I have lived and worked in tourism for more than 30 years. Many thanks in anticipation.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
To piggyback this status thread...apologies!

I'm BA Gold and flying to HK on Saturday with QF. First time to use QF long haul. I am booked in Premium Economy. Does anyone know what QFs upgrade policy is? I assume I will be way down the list after all QF members of any level and, in any case, there may be no 'op-ups' going. Just wondering if anyone has experience or knows the deal?

Many thanks
Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:06 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by queixas
?....In addition all boarding passes used to include the status 'Sapphire' &/or 'Preferred' or 'Preferente' or something similar - now none of those appear. I contacted QF and they say they have had a few cases of this but have not managed yet...
My previous experience with LA has been good (for their boarding passes to carry my FF # and status), but patchy for Mrs og (who has a multi word surname). Not only with LA but with BA, TG and UA amongst others, if it not an identical match between the FF account name and the ticket name, only the FF number appears on the BP and not status. This means the "system" does not recognise the status and you have to chase the points after the flight. Worse still, it is not consistent from flight to flight even on the same carrier.

Others who know more about the complexities in the programming areas might be able to add to this.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by og
My previous experience with LA has been good (for their boarding passes to carry my FF # and status), but patchy for Mrs og (who has a multi word surname). Not only with LA but with BA, TG and UA amongst others, if it not an identical match between the FF account name and the ticket name, only the FF number appears on the BP and not status. This means the "system" does not recognise the status and you have to chase the points after the flight. Worse still, it is not consistent from flight to flight even on the same carrier.

Others who know more about the complexities in the programming areas might be able to add to this.
I have a similar issue to Mrs Og. Fortunately got a nice lady a few years back from QF who actually understood this situation and after updating and resetting the QF profile, I have not had any issues since, even if the systems (Sabre based bookings especially) concatenate the name.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 3:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
I had this issue earlier this year a couple of times with Royal Jordanian. It turned out my agent here in HK was putting my middle initial in the reservation and on my AA account I don't use the middle initial. I got RJ to remove it and it worked my number and status appeared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.